Started on: 05-14-2010 07:30 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: hyperv6 on 05-24-2010 06:06 PM
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

....person took 5 minutes out of their very busy day to call me?
Hint: along with a few other things we did talk about our beloved Fiero seeing this person loves automobiles of all kinds. To quote this person “oh those are neat little cars”
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Jay Leno? lol
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Cliff Pennock?
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Jay Leno? lol

How the hell did you get that?

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
lol.. As in my answer was so far off base that I might be under the influence of several drugs at once, or as in holy crap you got it right.

Haha
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I'd have said Leno also. Only "famous" person we know of that gives a hoot about Fieros..lol
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Seriously? Leno??? He is my car idol! And he has great taste too!
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
Back in July of last year I sent a set of Maine license plates to Jay that were (at one time) on one of my Fieros, The plates read JAY LENO. I wanted Jay to have his guest stars sign them, then we would each auction off one and donate the proceeds to one of our favorite charities. Jay explained that NBC Universal, Inc. said no can’t do! Jay then asked me what I wanted to do with the plates, I told him to autograph on for me and keep the other one for yourself, you can hang the other one in your shop with all of your beautiful cars. “I would be honored” Jay replied. I told him they were once on a 1988 Fiero Formula back in the mid 90’s. Jay replied “oh those are neat little cars” Jay said I can call anytime. He thought the plates were kind of neat so he may have them on his show tonight. Once I get my plate back I’ll post a few photos for you guys.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
If he does show them on the show, please post a link. I love Jay Leno for what he does with the automotive community, but we are Coco's side in the late night debacle.

(But yeah, Jay Leno rocks!)
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ooo its on right now! watching for the plate....
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
As promised, I got these this morning, FedEx driver felt the need to tell me where this was coming from…. Since this was my original intention, I’m still going to sell or auction off the plate and donate the money to one of my favorite charities, where or when I don’t know yet. Thanks Jay!

PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome... Did the plate make it to air or not?

I don't watch Leno since I'm rarely near a TV at that time anyways - I wonder what kind of reaction he'd have gotten from the audience after telling the story...
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

That's awesome... Did the plate make it to air or not?

I don't watch Leno since I'm rarely near a TV at that time anyways - I wonder what kind of reaction he'd have gotten from the audience after telling the story...

The plate or the story never made the show.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of what you think of his show and the hoopla at NBC, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy and definitely a car nut. Cool stuff
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

As promised, I got these this morning, FedEx driver felt the need to tell me where this was coming from…. Since this was my original intention, I’m still going to sell or auction off the plate and donate the money to one of my favorite charities, where or when I don’t know yet. Thanks Jay!

Too cool. Thanks for sharing.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Jay is very cool. He and his shop crew are customers of ours at work and are great to deal with.

He drove our Pro Stock car on a 1/8 mile run on his show so I built him a model of the car he drove. He sent me a autographed picture of him with our car signed and a signed Tonights Show hat.

Some may not know it but Jay is really into Corvairs of late. He has a Turbo Corvair car and also now has a fully restored ramp side pick up truck. Who knows he has a great taste for odd and rear engined he may pick up a Fiero some day.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-19-2010).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Great thread!!!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Great thread!!!

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Me too!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
There's an 88 GT T-top that could use that plate LOL... just kidding, i don't think this car will ever see a plate.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
That's soo cool!

Congrats!!!

Jim

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 05-19-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
Bump
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I really enjoy Jay Leno! What a cool story! Thanks for sharing

------------------
- Brennan

jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

Back in July of last year I sent a set of Maine license plates to Jay that were (at one time) on one of my Fieros, The plates read JAY LENO..

Neat story!

Maybe I missed it but what is the story of the plates? Who created a set of "JAY LENO" plates in Maine in the first place and why?

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
I'm with jscott, who'd get those plates originally anyway? He's an awesome guy, but surely there's more, er, topical things to put on the back of your car than some other dude's name?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

I'm with jscott, who'd get those plates originally anyway? He's an awesome guy, but surely there's more, er, topical things to put on the back of your car than some other dude's name?

I too thought that was odd. I like Jay but don't think I would put his name on my plates. It must be a good story?

Could be worse it could have been Letterman. But at least he owned a Fiero and it could have been his old car.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Heh, "Lets Race!" That's a cool pic and scribble...

This is pretty cool. Might just take his name off *the list*...
(he once crushed a Fiero w/ a tank)

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
I got the plates when he took over The Tonight Show. I have alway been a big fan of Jay and his car collection.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
okay.... a strange case of man love I guess.

I don't know of any dude I like enough to put his name on my car.

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

okay.... a strange case of man love I guess.

I don't know of any dude I like enough to put his name on my car.

Leave it to you to say something immature like that!
If you can’t add anything positive to this thread, please keep it to yourself!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry dude, but you posted it...if you didn't want comments then don't start a thread about it.

PFF
System Bot
SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManDirect Link to This Post
That didn't come across as immature or anything like that to me. It does seem weird that someone just randomly decided "I want to have a vanity plate that says 'JAY LENO' on it." I personally don't understand it either. Though that's weird, that is very cool that he signed it for you and stuff. I've always thought he had a good air about him and seemed really cool. I wouldn't mind having even a tenth of his collection of cars.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlowGuitarMan:

That didn't come across as immature or anything like that to me.

Several people said it was weird, but it's just Tim being Tim, taking exception to whatever I say.

By the way "Man Love" is not a derogatory term...

http://www.urbandictionary....ne.php?term=man+love

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Is it wierd of me to want plates that say "JScott" on them?

It is time to let the world know how I feel about you bro.

Cool plates Tim!... I think it makes a neat story.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 05-24-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Just be glad it was Jay. He is a cool car guy and he has a name that fits the plate.

Besides David Letterman is too long for the plate and there was that messy sex scandal and all. I bet Dave would have keep both plates too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock