Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Any comfortable way to sleep in a Fiero?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any comfortable way to sleep in a Fiero? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 05-13-2010 07:41 AM
Replies: 33
Last post by: GTGeff on 05-14-2010 11:51 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking, if your small enough of course, curling up in the fetal position on the pass. Side floor board and using a pillow in the pass. Seat and snoozing away. You won't care how uncomfortable you are if you're dead-ass tired as long as you can lay down and lay your head down. The wake up stretch ain't happenin sleeping this way of course

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
No.

At least not for me, being 6'3". Oh I could do it, but without even an inkling of comfort, I'm sure.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:
curling up in the fetal position on the pass. Side floor board and using the pass. Seat as a pillow and snoozing away.

I have done exactly this many times. Of course that was long ago when i was much younger, much more flexible and didnt wake up with stiff sore joints but yeah it works.

~Tyler

------------------

Originally posted by Fieray3800:
What is GT-X and where is it located?
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
You have to fill in the floor board with stuff to make it level, then it isn't bad. Been camping in my Fiero.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
I've done it at road stops when I was too tired to continue driving. I try and lean my head on the center console as a pillow, with sweaters if available.

I'm 5'7" and I've never woken up from the Fiero without being sore...

Beats motels for a cheap student!
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
get a neck pillow, scooch the seat forward as far as possible, then tilt the seat back as much as possible - and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

but - yes - about as comfy as sleeping on an airplane......
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

get a neck pillow, scooch the seat forward as far as possible, then tilt the seat back as much as possible - and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Me tooo . . . . . but I can sleep anywhere.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
At my age and in my condition, even if I could manage to fall asleep in a Fiero, they would need the Jaws of Life to get me back out
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Can't say I've ever slept in a fiero, but my wife and I can't afford a hotel room for the Frazee trip this summer so we'll be sleeping in the car. Likely in the Frazee Auto Body parking lot. I may have better luck curling up on the rear decklid if the mosquito's aren't too bad. Looking forward to that!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

I've done it at road stops when I was too tired to continue driving. I try and lean my head on the center console as a pillow, with sweaters if available.

im a poor airman in the navy, soon to be a poor college student. yippie. so ill be sleeping like this on roadtrips in the fiero. i sould go and try to take a nap in the fiero like that while its up on stands awaiting its L67

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Like this??

PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Can't say I've ever slept in a fiero, but my wife and I can't afford a hotel room for the Frazee trip this summer so we'll be sleeping in the car. Likely in the Frazee Auto Body parking lot. I may have better luck curling up on the rear decklid if the mosquito's aren't too bad. Looking forward to that!

Mosquitos are MN state bird! 10,000 lakes and billions and billions of mosquitos.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
This is why my Fiero is for short trips and my Trans Am is for road trips.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I spent part of a night in my murci roadster replica on the way from new jersey to idaho. If you're tired enough you can do it. After that I bought a pop tent and air mattress.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Well, when I wrecked ltlfrari it was because I fell asleep so I guess that if I can be out of it doing 60 (not a good thing to do by the way), then you can sleep pretty much anywhere.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Like this??

may i see the same pics with you in it ??

greetings to southern germany
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
If you don't have a second, put the passenger seat a bit forward and lean it back... Crack the sunroof/windows and have a snooze. I'm 6ft and it works well enough...
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
id rather sleep in a fiero than a MR2
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
With one of these?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

With one of these?

I like the esteban music.
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
I am 6'4" and have the PERFECT solution! About ten years ago, a friend of mine and I took a 6 week road trip in my 88 all over the country. We slept in the Fiero almost every night. She slept in the driver seat (hehe). I slept in the passenger seat with my feet up on the instrument pod over the gauges; not too bad really!!!!
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Tried it----once.
I'm so tall, with most of it from the waist up, I could just never find a comfortable place to put my head.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im 5'8". im sure i can find someway to sleep. i can sleep almost anywhere.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

That's how I did it, but I didn't have a pillow and regretted it. Though, If I remember correctly I didn't exactly plan on sleeping in my car. I had to go on the passenger side because I just couldn't get the steering wheel up out of the way enough.

I'm 6'2"

And that car top tent looks awesome! Though a bit pricey.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 05-14-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

With one of these?

If i get a wrangler im totaly getting one of thoes tents.

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
You could just get a regular 2 man tent and sleep on the ground next to the parking lot. I am sure they would let you put up a tent if they will let you stay in the lot in your car. I have a 2 person similar to these and they pack up very small I am sure you would have room for it in the Fiero. It will be hot at night in the summer so you won’t need a heavy sleeping bag.

This 2 person tent is only $29.00
http://www.campmor.com/outd...gear/Product___38408

This tent keeps out all bugs and is free standing $89.50
http://www.rei.com/product/777772

This one keeps out all the bugs for $63.45
http://www.campinggeardepot...erson-_40418775.html

I am sure you can find something cheep at Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart or your local army surplus store.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be awesome to buy a tent and hit the road.
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
"Any comfortable way to sleep in a Fiero?"

Dude, you need to learn to pay your rent on time!

10can

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 10canSend a Private Message to 10canDirect Link to This Post
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

"Any comfortable way to sleep in a Fiero?"

Dude, you need to learn to pay your rent on time!

HA!
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
http://www.speedwaymotors.c...iler-Plans,2818.html
plus this way you can make it lower , narrower, shorter, longer, whatever, and save an awful lot of $ on aluminum and labor. Plus put the axle whereever it gives you a Fiero-safe tongue weight, so long as the front half is more than half the total weight.

[This message has been edited by Isolde (edited 05-14-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
thats what i can do, use my 1/4" trailor hitch and make a tear drop for the road!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Ive done it that way and couldn't move my neck afterward. Napping 'upright' ended up being the best ( or least bad ) for me.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

At least join us at a MFF members lakeside cabin close to Frazee. Sleeping is on your own but there is at least access to toilet and showers. Can you afford a small 2-person tent? See the Tyler Shipman Show thread for a few more details.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock