One Fiero down. by Xuin39
Started on: 05-09-2010 06:41 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: Xuin39 on 05-14-2010 03:37 PM
Xuin39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
As the title suggests, one less Fiero in the world today. Last night around midnight while heading north on Route 4 a southbound driver swerved left of center and struck the front passenger side of my 84. Shortly afterward another northbound driver rear-ended me since the first collision knocked my lights out. I'm pretty lucky be around I guess. I haven't seen the car yet, since I was unconscious after the accident, however I'll post pictures up as soon as I get them.

I'm a little banged up, but can walk. Thank you spaceframe.

*Edit* photos up

[This message has been edited by Xuin39 (edited 05-11-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
glad you are ok! We'll all mourn the car with you, but it gave its life protecting you, and it's hard to be too sad for that. Best wishes for a fast recovery from your injuries.

[This message has been edited by sabooo (edited 05-09-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I'm glad you are for the most part okay, and hopefully you will not have any long lasting effects from these accidents.

BUT, Holy Cow!!! Two accidents in one night!?!? You have some bad luck!.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
Well, I guess it can be considered two. I was unconscious after the first collision. However from what the other two drivers said, the second happened right after the first. Luckily the other drivers are being very friendly and cooperative.
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
I have been through the thread of fiero wrecks a couple of times... There seem to be quite a few that have walked away from some BAD wrecks in fiero's! I drive a pickup as my daily driver and honestly it is quite intimidating getting in my little GT, considering most pickup bumpers are at eye level!

Good to hear you are ok. Equipment can ALWAYS be replaced!

Interested in seeing the photos though! What type of vehicle hit you?
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
A Toyota in the front at 55mph and an Impala rear-ended me. According to my father who looked at the car today, the coolant lines on the passenger side are where the passenger door should be...
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Geez, Glad your ok! Sounds like it may have been a good think you were out for the second hit.....at least you weren't tensed up waiting for it. Just think of it this way.....you didn't loose your old Fiero.........you just received permission to buy another!
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
So, the first car not only crossed the centerline, but even further to the passenger side of your car? Was this other driver impaired in some way?
White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderDirect Link to This Post
WOW, like you said, thank you space frame. Glad no one was riding with you.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
No, the other driver was not impaired. He was eating pizza and dropped a slice. He then decided to bend down and pick it up, which is when he went left of center. He wasn't very far away when he did it, I remember the headlights were pretty close. I'm very happy he was honest with the Highway Patrol troopers. I don't really wish him anything bad, just that he doesn't eat pizza and drive, lol. I go out and meet with my insurance company today now that I've had some time to rest.
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
glad to hear you are ok. I see a low mile 88 GT in your near future.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
I have dealt with insurance companies with older vehicles before!

They are going to try to offer you low book for your car.
You DO NOT have to accept this offer.
Note the age of the car and the condition it was in and that it had sentimental value. (can not be a lie, what fiero dosent have sentimental value!?)
Note and work and or upgrades you have done to it.

Then tell them you will take no less than XXXX for it. Print out some sales ads from the internet of similar cars selling for what you will have to pay to replace it.

Their driver has accepted liability for the accident (due to neglegance none the less) and they will hook you up. They could be/ or could have been looking at over a million dollars (they way our health care is going) in injuries current and future from something from this severe. They will not bat an eye at throwing you top dollar for that car.

I went through the SAME THING a few years back. hit on the highway and put head on into a concrete median with an 87 ford ranger. They offered me $700 for it. The truck was a wedding gift from her dad to me (for a project) and it had bars, lights, lift, paint, etc. I told them I wanted $2500 and they cut me a check on the spot. You are in the drivers seat on this one.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
I have no intentions of accepting the low offers. I did call an attorney to talk. I'd like to see all sides of this, and I have a feeling I'll be better off going it alone. I did get pictures taken yesterday but passed out shortly after getting home. My neighbor has the software for the camera and will be giving me the photos today. I was absolutely shocked I am able to walk...that car is destroyed.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Fieros can be replaced ... not human lives ....good to know you are OK

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Have you gone to the doctors yet and if not, go now!
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
Been to the doctors, just got back from the dentists. Teeth are fixed. I'm very happy that Fieros can be replaced I'm already looking around...haha.

*edit* Photos are up.

Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Wow! What was the combined speed of the first hit? Did the second car hit you on the passenger side as well?

Reminds me of this:

thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
All I can say is WOW. Glad to hear your ok. Let me be the first to say "Don't worry, that'll buff right out". Again, glad to hear you are ok, and yes, the car can be replaced, you can't be.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
holy f'n **** ! Thats amazing, glad your OK!

Time to upgrade!

Save that drivers side window! It might be useful sometime if your car gets broken in to.

[This message has been edited by thedrue (edited 05-11-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
holy crap. . can you get more pics of the passenger comparment?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
You had to be cut out, eh?
PFF
System Bot
McCool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McCoolSend a Private Message to McCoolDirect Link to This Post
Fiero's can still be replaced. Kiss your wife/girlfriend and be happy that it was just the car you lost.

McCool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McCoolSend a Private Message to McCoolDirect Link to This Post

McCool

302 posts
Member since Sep 2006
P.S. I am glad to hear that you were not seriously hurt.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I'm glad you made it out of there! That's a hard hit!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Very, very lucky man. No that IS NOT going to buff out (i said it first !)

God had his eyes on you for sure. Here is hoping your recovery is swift and full.

P.S. How many of you were scanning the twisted wreckage for usuable parts ??

Once a fiero nut, always a fiero nut hehehe

thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
sorry exotice, didn't see it in your post. I do agree, God had his hands on you. I did see a few usable parts though. Get em all, saves you from having to try to find em later. I know in my neck of the woods it can be difficult.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
You sir, are one lucky gentleman. Good luck with everything, thats pretty banged up.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Good thing nobody was seating in the passenger seat. Glad to hear your okay.
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
OMG thats horrific god must of been in the passengers seat with you.
wow
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

holy crap. . can you get more pics of the passenger compartment?

What passenger compartment? You should be able to see on this picture, everything was shoved/collapsed into that area. If anyone were sitting there, they would have died. The speed of the collision would have been 110 MPH, 55 MPH per car. The second car hit the rear passenger side.

We did spot a few usable parts, especially that window. I'm not removing anything until this is all settled.

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post

Not poking fun.... just trying to lighten the mood.... Mythbusters deemed that busted. Not sure I agree with them though. I cant see the pics at work for some reason. Will check them when I get home though.

Originally posted by Xuin39:

The speed of the collision would have been 110 MPH, 55 MPH per car.

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
^ Yeah, I saw that on youtube. Excellent lesson in physics, they proved that 2 cars involved in a head on collision at 50mph will still suffer the same impact of one car hitting a wall at 50mph, the damage does NOT double. They DID crash a car into a wall at 100mph as a test and the results were less than pretty, everything from the front to the back seat was gone.

I encourage you guys to check it out on youtube, very interesting stuff.
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
Hey I've been tracking Fiero sales for awhile.
I have discovered they are a little bit better (not much) then the spread sheet that the NIFE (thanks to Paul Vargyas) web site posts.
I helped a guy out in Canada last year with the same old car insurance value issues after an accident.
The outcome was good for him.
If you would like the data (I have it in two M.S. Word documents) just pm or e-mail me with your e-mail address.
Just highlight ones like yours (year, model, & mileage) or isolate them and take it with you to your agent.

Look at the pictures of your wreck man - and say I'm alive!! You Sir are a blessed man!
My daughter rolled her Saturn (3-4 times according to witnesses) this winter on ice and walked away.
You know the car line Saturn, the one that took many ideas from the Fiero program.
Good Luck with your recovery, insurance settlement, and most of all finding another Fireo.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
Holy S*#$! Glad that you are okay. That car is mangled, a few years back a forum member had been drug underneath a semi coming home from the 20th if I remember correctly. I can't remember who it was maybe someone will pipe up. These little machines are amazing, I was rearended by a drunk driver in October of 03 sitting at a redlight. The people who witnessed it said they never even saw brake lights (speed limit was 45) and surprisingly my car drove away from the impound. Once again these machines are amazing!

Wish you the best of luck on a quick and smooth recovery!

------------------

When you are driving a Fiero everything else is just a BLURRRRRR!

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry, It will buff right out,
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

I call DIBS on that spedo! JK thought i'd get that in before somebody else did.

WHOLLY CRAP, amazing you walked away more or less. Very lucky.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 05-13-2010).]

Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bump:

Not poking fun.... just trying to lighten the mood.... Mythbusters deemed that busted. Not sure I agree with them though. I cant see the pics at work for some reason. Will check them when I get home though.

I remember seeing that! Wasn't thinking!

It's a great day out, I think I might have to get to buffing.

Thanks for the e-mails guys. I appreciate the concern.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

^ Yeah, I saw that on youtube. Excellent lesson in physics, they proved that 2 cars involved in a head on collision at 50mph will still suffer the same impact of one car hitting a wall at 50mph, the damage does NOT double. They DID crash a car into a wall at 100mph as a test and the results were less than pretty, everything from the front to the back seat was gone.

I encourage you guys to check it out on youtube, very interesting stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JGIYLZZUg

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 05-14-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JGIYLZZUg

First off, glad you are OK after that wreck. Second, your rear bumper, side markers, and tail lights all look to be in wonderful shape As well as the driver's seat

Lastly, while mythbusters were technically right, there is a huge difference from say hitting a car stopped at a light at 50 VS hitting a car head on both going 50. Your statement of "The speed of the collision would have been 110 MPH, 55 MPH per car." is correct. It is like you hit a parked car at 110 miles an hour. Not good. Saying it is like hitting a wall at 110 mph would be incorrect.
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post

No, the other driver was not impaired. He was eating pizza and dropped a slice. He then decided to bend down and pick it up, which is when he went left of center. He wasn't very far away when he did it, I remember the headlights were pretty close. I'm very happy he was honest with the Highway Patrol troopers. I don't really wish him anything bad, just that he doesn't eat pizza and drive, lol. I go out and meet with my insurance company today now that I've had some time to rest.

Glad you are ok.

He was impared. He was impared with stupidity. Drivers like this are why I have problems with drunk driving laws. If this person was drunk they would be in jail. But, sober and stupid is ok.

------------------
My Car Site www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!
DRAG RACING - So easy a Caveman can do it!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock