Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  XTC 4.9 Swap - Thanks to all who helped!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

XTC 4.9 Swap - Thanks to all who helped! by katatak
Started on: 05-09-2010 05:43 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Fieroseverywhere on 05-28-2010 11:54 AM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
About 3 hours ago, the XTC left my garage under it's own power with it's new 4.9. It was a big relief to see it go down the street. Everything seems to be working good - no overheating, no wierd noises or smells, nothing burning, shifts through all four gears and has more grunt than I was expecting. There are a few issues to finish up but nothing that a stock Fiero does not have. I'd like to thank a bunch of Fiero folks that helped me out along the way to get through all the 4.9 swap issues. I could not have done this swap with them.

First and foremost:

Carver1 - Without Phil - the XTC would be sporting a rebuilt Duke - Phil came through in a big way with the 4.9 - Thank you!

Frizlefrak (Dan) and Jeff here in El Paso - both were there for the removal of the Duke and the installation of the 4.9. Both were a big help in getting it up and running - it was great to have both thier 4.9 Fiero's to use as a guide - Thanks guys - a million times!

josef644 (Joe) - Always there with an answer or link to every question I had - his 4.9 thread was a constant source for help and inspiration. Thanks Joe!

Mickey_Moose, Fieroguru, Rickady88GT, Raydar and all the other 4.9 folks that have been there - done that! Without your help, it would have been a lot tougher. Thanks for sharing your ideas and experiences.

One happy 16 year old!

Thanks everyone!

Pat

P.S. I have my garage back! Now what about a 3800SC swap?

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakClick Here to Email FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
My pleasure. Time for the next project
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Click Here to Email josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I am happy to been of help to you.

Joe
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Click Here to Email Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
any time Pat. Let's get something else cooking.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

any time Pat. Let's get something else cooking.

We need to stuff womething interesting in the Short Bus???????
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Click Here to Email Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Wife said make her an offer, and come and get it.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
so.....
Where are the pics?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroClick Here to Email DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the 4.9 Club!!!.........Now about the Hazing and initiation procedures..you'll ned a pair of grandma sized underwear, a bag of peat, and a paper clip

Congrats and enjoy!! They are fun,

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 05-10-2010).]

SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Welcome to the 4.9 Club!!!.......

DITTO.... How Texas is quickly becoming 4.9L haven.... Congrats to you and your son.

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereClick Here to Email FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
What? No first drive video?

Congrats Pat! Kinda suprising on the first drive aren't they?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:
DITTO.... How Texas is quickly becoming 4.9L haven.... Congrats to you and your son.

oh yeah works for me! ask Jon how his chop and 4.9 didn't even keep up with my sc

gosh first we get a dumb gov, now this?!!?!? I think someone needs a real ride again.....huh Steve?
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

What? No first drive video?

Congrats Pat! Kinda suprising on the first drive aren't they?

Yep! Very surprising! The last time I drove the XTC, it had the old Duke. About 80 MPH was near the top of it's limit and from a dead stop - when I mashed the gas - nothing! It's amazing what an extra 100 - 110 HP can do for a car. I romped on it pretty hard a few times today - pretty impressive for a Cadilac motor. I am very happy with it. Now I am able to see the difference between a Duke, a stock 2.8, the 4.9 and the SBC Fiero. I guess I have to build a 3800SC car so I can do a complete comparison! The 4.9 is plain smooth and full of grunt - It's a great motor for the Fiero.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Welcome to the 4.9 Club!!!.........Now about the Hazing and initiation procedures..you'll ned a pair of grandma sized underwear, a bag of peat, and a paper clip

Congrats and enjoy!! They are fun,

Dan

Hey Dan,

My son gets the Hazing and initiation! The local Fiero boys will make sure of that. Thanks for your reply.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by revin:

so.....
Where are the pics?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Video coming tomorrow! Had to find my digital cam corder and get it charged up. I'll take her for a spin tomorrow afternoon. Getting some pressure to take it to the Round Up! I told my son if he wanted to trailer it there, he could cruise it around San Antonio for a couple days. Not sure it's ready for a 1200 plus mile trip just yet!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakClick Here to Email FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Bring it Pat! CJ can trailer it out there, and if it breaks in SA we can always fix it on the fly.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereClick Here to Email FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Video coming tomorrow!

Is it tomorrow yet?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock