Started on: 05-09-2010 12:35 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: katatak on 05-09-2010 04:53 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
The El Paso Fiero bunch decided to take a ride to Timberon, NM today to grab some lunch and take in the scenic ride. I was the only one that showed up with a Fiero. Everyone else showed up in thier Corvettes. It's OK though as with all these Vettes, they needed someone to bring up the rear to pick up all the pieces and parts falling off the Vettes - OK, I'm just kidding about the pieces and parts - I still brought up the rear - just could not hang with them on the straight aways. We had a great day - 275 miles round trip and the Formula performed great.

The road from El Paso to Alamogordao is long and boring - I think there are 4 curves in 75 miles. Once you leave Alamogordo - the road starts the twisties and climbs in altitude. Alamogordo is around 4500' and the highest point we were at today was 9500'. From Alamogordo to Cloudcroft is usually about 35 to 40 mph as there is a lot of traffic. Once in Cloudcroft, we turn off the busy road. Going to Timberon we had the road pretty much to ourselves except that we had an F150 in front but I think he thought he was in a Vette. He did a pretty good job keeping the F150 on the road taking 25 mph curves at 50 to 60! COming back, we had it all to ourselves and some of the boys decided to "air" out thier cars. It was a great run both ways!

Here's some pics!

Had lunch at the Timberon Golf and Country Club - Veiw from the deck at the bar!

Stopped at the Observatory and an overlook - if you squint, you can see the White Sands and the White Sands Missle Range off in the distance:

Parking lot at 9500'

The run home - I tired to keep the Vettes reeled in but they just have too much HP for little red to hang with!

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I should have let you borrow the GXP! But then all your pictures would be from the back window. Maybe not a good idea.

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Pat...

Nellie and I had a blast!! It was a great trip.....scenery was fantastic, lunch was great, I think everyone had a good time. Next time the XTC will be ready and you'll be able to keep up. Hey, can you email me the high res pics? In my infinite wisdom I went off without a camera yesterday.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Frizlefrak

2921 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Speaking of pics.....I hijacked your pics for Corvette Forum as well Pat. Hope I'm not guilt of copyright infringement.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Speaking of pics.....I hijacked your pics for Corvette Forum as well Pat. Hope I'm not guilt of copyright infringement.

Hi Jack away!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Carver1:

I should have let you borrow the GXP! But then all your pictures would be from the back window. Maybe not a good idea.

That would have been fun too! Next Vette run will be different. The XTC is complete! Been driving it around for the last couple of hours. Got a few issues - little stuff but it's pretty much there - all I can say OMG! The car runs like it loos now.

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-09-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock