cheap sub alternative ?? by nosaint
Started on: 05-07-2010 07:52 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Australian on 05-09-2010 05:41 AM
nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
So I need to put a sub in the factory housing until i figure out my 10". So, I had a good set of computer speakers and sub that I no longer used so I cut it up to find a nice little woofer. I was wondering if anybody has tried this already? Its about 4" so it should fit no problems. Its going to be while till I get at this project. Let me know if I should even bother.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT-T intercooled turbo
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/079710.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't expect too much from that lil woofer... It is designed to work in the enclosure you removed it from. not too mention, when you install it in a car w/ road noise; you will not be happy w/ the quality of sound... Do a search and you will find allot better solutions...
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
If just replacing the factory woofer it will be fine using the current deck amp combo actually as good as stock.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock