Started on: 05-07-2010 08:42 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: whodeanie on 05-19-2010 09:45 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I have a customer asking about RCC's bump steer kit and I can not get any info on it. has anyone used it? how does it work?
I would also like to see pic's of it, RCC does not have any pic's on the site.
from what I can tell it is just the trailing link moved out.
D.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I've seen them before, but don't have a photo handy. They're basically just a shorter tie rod with a spacer.
RyanFromMichigan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganDirect Link to This Post
The drawback to the RCC kit is the use of a standard heim joint on the inboard side of the tie rod. They will wear out quick unless they are greased regularly.

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I bought a big brake kit from them and the brake lines were recalled so I sent them in where I was told to with a copy of the letter. This has been two months and a couple of phone calls and nothing. No call back no new brake lines.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I just talked with them. They are going out of business so if you want the kit you only have a couple of weeks to get it. Then RCC is gone.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I see the Fiero Store is now selling a bump kit - at least it's news to me.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
that's the ht motor sports one.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
thank you all for the info
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
OK guys I just installed this kit for a customer. it is a simple kit, I am not sure how well it works for bump steer yet but I can tell you this.
the kit was easy to install while I was doing the polly upgrade but the problem I have now is that I have to take it back out and fix it now
I finished the car and took it to my friends shop to get it aligned and the kit with it all the way in was showing 3deg. toe in and would not come out any farther so now I have to tear the thing apart in the morning cut the rods down and re install then so I can finish the car. why is it so hard to make a part that works the first time?
oh well, at least I know the next time when someone asks about this kit and I can fix it before hand.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock