Engine Swap Places In Portland OR? by Adam1988
Started on: 05-06-2010 02:05 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Tony Kania on 05-06-2010 11:21 AM
Adam1988

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adam1988Send a Private Message to Adam1988Direct Link to This Post
I was originally going to do my V8 swap myself with some help but now I realized i'm going to be so busy in the future that it will probably never get done. I have quite a bit of money saved up from working my butt off for a year and I think I need to reward myself.. My friend recommended me a guy who has his own shop and does engine swaps on the side. He quoted me around $2k to do the swap.

Is that a fair price? Let me know your guys opinions!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
That depends on the swap. If your doing an sbc or an lsx engine. If its a 3.4 pr maybe, but at 2k he must be one hellified fabricator for something like the aforementioned lsx or sbc swaps or even an l67.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I assume the $2K was just the labor charge and you would need to provide the engine, adapter plate, and lots of other parts.

Russ544 is in Oregon and has done SBC, 4.3 & N* swaps in his fieros... might want to shoot him a PM.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Fieroking also does swaps here in the Inland Northwest. He recently completed a 4.9 for a guy in Bend, OR. I don't know his rates, but it would not hurt to shoot Joe a PM. All of the hours that I have spent in his garage, let's me reassure you that he really does know his shat.

Whichever route you go, good luck.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock