Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I am suprised no one thought of these for a Fiero hood.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I am suprised no one thought of these for a Fiero hood. by hyperv6
Started on: 05-05-2010 10:33 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: DougC on 05-06-2010 11:43 AM
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I saw these on the hood of a Hummer and thought I best someone could use these for a hood vent on a Fiero in some way.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I have but for the deck lid
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I have but for the deck lid

x2

That was the first thought I had when I saw those too.
duckwalk39

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for duckwalk39Send a Private Message to duckwalk39Direct Link to This Post
HAHAHAHAHA man that is random! I was just reading about these on yahoo news! They are recalling about 136,000 hummers with these because they are flying off of the cars. I wonder if that makes them cheap now...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by duckwalk39:

HAHAHAHAHA man that is random! I was just reading about these on yahoo news! They are recalling about 136,000 hummers with these because they are flying off of the cars. I wonder if that makes them cheap now...

Makes them easier to find
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Makes them easier to find

I actually laughed out loud at that...

Reminds me of my sail panels... still not sure where that one fell/flew off at...
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Funny how some have had good sail panels come off on their own while others -like me- found it real bi$^*^% to get a scratched or cracked one off! BTW: you can even get cut replacing those darn things!

Originally posted by DougC:

I actually laughed out loud at that...

Reminds me of my sail panels... still not sure where that one fell/flew off at...

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
They look a lot like the Worbler? hood to me. That hood came out like ten years ago and had several vents in it like that.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by duckwalk39:

Not random it was the recall that made me notice.

I too thought about the rear deck too.

I would assume one could take them appart to narrow them up if needed.

I just wonder how it would come out with one of these. As it is now I only like about 2 out every 5 hoods I see. Most are not bad but just not good enough to look like it is something that would have come from the factory good. I figure a OE part would give it an edge to look more factory.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-06-2010).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

They look a lot like the Worbler? hood to me. That hood came out like ten years ago and had several vents in it like that.

The 'Warber" hood is the one Archie sells. It is a single vent.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 05-06-2010).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

The 'Warber" hood is the one Archie sells. It is a single vent.

I am guessing it is a copy of the original made by Warber? I really like the one the guy used the cobra mustang hood but they are hard to find to cut up.
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Funny how some have had good sail panels come off on their own while others -like me- found it real bi$^*^% to get a scratched or cracked one off! BTW: you can even get cut replacing those darn things!

The one that flew off was a custom panel by JimmyS that he had on his car for a while, I sliced the hell out of my self getting the stock ones off lol, probably too much blood on the tape

What about converting the Hummer vent into a sunroof panel? Now that would be interesting...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock