Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Are people in PA smoking something good? $2300 for this? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Are people in PA smoking something good? $2300 for this? by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 05-05-2010 09:12 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 05-08-2010 10:51 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
http://lancaster.craigslist.../cto/1724950295.html

Good God. What the hell happened to this poor Fiero? It needs euthanized.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
lol, holy crap thats bad.. The body looks like it was carved out of moldy old cheese.. lol.

And $2300? lol.. i would give him $200 for it just so i could burn it.. lol. After stripping out any good parts of course..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-05-2010).]

Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
Kinda hard on it aren't you guys. It's not that bad. I kinda like the idea. It's in primer so with a decent paint job it might look fairly good. I would love to see half the people that bash others work do half as good.

------------------
87 Fiero GT
Yellow / Grey Interior
T-Top, 11.26" Cross Drilled brakes, Lowered 2"
Whaletail, Mecham Scoops, ZR2 Scoop
HHP Custom Sway Bars
T/A Fender Vents, Mr. Mikes, Much Much More

2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Hemi powered 5 spd

2008 Dodge 2500HD
6.7 CTD 6 spd

Formerly FieroGT87
Member since 2001

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
yeah your right.. i shouldent make fun of it.. Its not like i have the body work skills to make something better.. But too me those taillights just look really awful.. The scoops he put where the vents used to be are actually kinda cool..
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Its unique. I would have added details like a mesh vent in between the tail lights move the license plate up to there and make a diffuser for the rear. Its a smoothed out fiero to the extreme. I like it but as i said it needs tweaks/ detail to make it visually interesting its too smooth.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

Kinda hard on it aren't you guys. It's not that bad. I kinda like the idea.

X2

I'd like to see better pics of the deck vents. They look to be rounded or "humped".
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
I like moldy cheese. time to raid a frig. I'm starving..
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
Not bad bodywork at all. Yeah, it seems to be primered and ready for paint, but that is not a bad thing... the new owner gets to choose the color! It is obvious that the current owner has deleted all of the bumper strips (molding that emcompasses the car), which has plus sides, as well as negative aspects, but it sure cleans up the look of the car. Too bad they did not show a side view. Remote doors gives me the impression they put in poppers, which would indicate they also shaved the door handles (EDIT: I read the post again, he did, indeed, shave the door handles). A lot of work has gone into this car, and I would be hard pressed to say that the asking amount is near what they paid in materials. I would love to look at this car in person before judging it any further.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

[This message has been edited by Philero (edited 05-05-2010).]

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
chit, I think it looks descent from here!

throw a $500 paint job at it and tell me its not worth $3000! Lot of miles, yes.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
But it looks just like a Vette!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
If it was cheaper id buy it for the doors and part the rest of it out. that or return it to its originasl shape.... With a fastback
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Or push it in the sea, it's a total pile of fecal matter in that state. And the deleted lines just looks terrible. It's got no shape at all, there's just rounded humps and ugly poking out of it every direction.

The only way that car could be saved is to rip all the panels off and start again. Who knows what half-arsed job he's done smoothing it in the first place - I'd damn near put money on it that if you kicked the door skin a length of body filler will fall out.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
is that 100% bondo....
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Or push it in the sea, it's a total pile of fecal matter in that state. And the deleted lines just looks terrible. It's got no shape at all, there's just rounded humps and ugly poking out of it every direction.

The only way that car could be saved is to rip all the panels off and start again. Who knows what half-arsed job he's done smoothing it in the first place - I'd damn near put money on it that if you kicked the door skin a length of body filler will fall out.

Well, I guess I should be smoking the same good stuff that the fine people of PA are smoking. What is up with the bashing of people's taste? I happen to like the deleted lines. That is my opinion and I would not be offended if someone said that they did not care for what I have done to my car, but if they bashed it like you did, I would be very dismayed. Not because I really care what you think, but because it goes against what, we as a family of Fiero owners, have prided ourselves on... decency towards eachothers personal taste. When I see a mod on this site I don't care for, I simply don't post a response out of pure decency. What is worse here, is the person who listed their car on CL, did NOT post it here, but someone from the forum brought it to us.

BTW, kick my door skin with its deleted line and I bet NOTHING will fall out (first person to try that better be a fast runner though!). Believe it or not, but some people put pride in their work.

I guess you have never heard what happens when you ASSuME things.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
incase the the post gets deleted.

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
i'd give ya $50 for it.

shipping included!

I'd really hate to see another Fireo ..... wasted.

Sorry.......... B

Trueth happens...

not a hater, just hate to see tallent lost..

J
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i think it has potential, but need more shots then that
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philero:

Well, I guess I should be smoking the same good stuff that the fine people of PA are smoking. What is up with the bashing of people's taste? I happen to like the deleted lines. That is my opinion and I would not be offended if someone said that they did not care for what I have done to my car, but if they bashed it like you did, I would be very dismayed. Not because I really care what you think, but because it goes against what, we as a family of Fiero owners, have prided ourselves on... decency towards eachothers personal taste. When I see a mod on this site I don't care for, I simply don't post a response out of pure decency. What is worse here, is the person who listed their car on CL, did NOT post it here, but someone from the forum brought it to us.

BTW, kick my door skin with its deleted line and I bet NOTHING will fall out (first person to try that better be a fast runner though!). Believe it or not, but some people put pride in their work.

I guess you have never heard what happens when you ASSuME things.

I can't run fast so I won't be kicking anyone's doors, last person I saw try kick a Fiero hurt his foot on the side intrusion bar instead

There's deleted lines that look good, jscott's car springs to mind. But this thing... it's like he's just trowelled up some bog and filed it straight over any shape. The ground effects are merged as well as the body lines - it makes the car look very lifeless. Sure he MIGHT have put a hard effort into it, but if he had, would he have left it with ratty primer?

It just doesn't look very Fiero any more except in silhouette, which really grinds my gears. Which is why I'd be reskinning it, it's already modified to the point you wouldn't feel bad dramatically attacking the bodywork. Although, will the skin be easily removable? Who knows...

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

i think it has potential, but need more shots then that

bump for you............ Just to be positive.

J
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

Kinda hard on it aren't you guys. It's not that bad. I kinda like the idea. It's in primer so with a decent paint job it might look fairly good. I would love to see half the people that bash others work do half as good.

Exactly you are looking at cars as if you had some weight on your chest. I used to sell cars and the first thing women went for was the color chart. It is in Hi-fill primer it would look fantastic painted i would paint it before sale but you have your own color choice and a lot of the hard work is done. This car is on the forums I have seen his thread about his custom rear scoops. It isn't finished obviously because it is in primer this car is fine there is less work in repainting this than you think it just need blocking and spraying to perhaps turn some heads.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
http://www.carpoint.com.au/...4294877616&keywords=

Fieros stock sell here between 8,000-15,000
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I honestly do not think that is all bondo or if it is hes a master sculptor; its more then likely fiberglass. I like it actually i would remove the vent humps as to me it looks too wavy, but 95% of the work is done just add some detail to define parts of the car from one another and it could be made into a really nice and unique car. If i was still looking for a fiero and didn't have project money sucker already I would at least make the trip to check this car out.
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
I could really use that front bumper cover.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I really like the shift light that tells you when to shift feature.
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
Boy you guys are tough. Just think if you sent several hundred hours on your car to make it the way you want it to look and everyone tells you its a piece of crap. How do you know the owner is not on this forum. If he was, I'm sure he's not now.

Yes, you are intitled to your opinion, but play nice. No wonder this forum keeps loosing members and attendance at shows is dwindling. Support your fellow Fiero owners, don't bash them. This forum was started to help each other and look where it has gone.

I'm sure that if the car was painted and you had better pictures, most of you would change your mind.
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
I'd say thats a stretch of the imagination

Originally posted by katatak:

But it looks just like a Vette!

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
You know this is some of the same response I got w/ "SmoothGT".. Just because YOU dont like it, dont bash it. I shaved my trim, handles,etc. Mine was a Widebody GT.. But, mine was started in 2003... Be nice everyone please.

//edit: cant speel...
------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-06-2010).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
look at CL for Norfolk, Va sometime. They are all smoking crack down here. $5 K for a weak Formula, $4995 for a nice 87GT, $4K for a Formula that was for sale 6 months ago for $2500.

No cheap ones here.

Rob
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

You know this is some of the same response I got w/ "SmoothGT".. Just because YOU dont like it, dont bash it. I shaved my trim, handles,etc. Mine was a Widebody GT.. But, mine was started in 2003... Be nice everyone please.

//edit: cant speel...

WhAtEvEr.... Got AnY pIcs..??
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I was about to post this earlier today. I don't think people are making fun of the body work. At least I'm not. The body work itself is phenominal: everything lines up, it's very symmetrical, etc. However, the design is aweful. Just aweful.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Move the wing back add more lights and is it still aweful i think not.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 05-07-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

WhAtEvEr.... Got AnY pIcs..??

Agreed. This sounds really cool
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I was about to post this earlier today. I don't think people are making fun of the body work. At least I'm not. The body work itself is phenominal: everything lines up, it's very symmetrical, etc. However, the design is aweful. Just aweful.

I agree. To me it looks like a blob.

I don't mind the negative comments; not everyone is going to like everything they see. Hopefully we're thick skinned enough here to realize the forum would be pretty lame if only the "nice" comments were posted.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Agreed. This sounds really cool

What are you agreeing with..??

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Move the wing back add more lights and is it still aweful i think not.

No, it's not awful at that point. It looks even worse with more lights.
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

not everyone is going to like everything they see. Hopefully we're thick skinned enough here to realize the forum would be pretty lame if only the "nice" comments were posted.

This ^

------------------

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
they tried, and yeah it doesn't look awesomely well done. but they did something unique. I love the way they did the front end and molded it into one piece with the lip. same with the back, but I do agree that the lights don't really make any bold statements about corvettes.
bottom line, nice body work, but maybe not the direction everyone may go.

nice find, always fun to see what kinda of body modifications people do.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Not my type of body line ....looks too sloppy to me ..sorry I'll pass

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

What are you agreeing with..??

I want to see some pics of your car! It sounds nice!!!
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

grkboy707

3019 posts
Member since May 2009

I don't mind the negative comments; not everyone is going to like everything they see. Hopefully we're thick skinned enough here to realize the forum would be pretty lame if only the "nice" comments were posted.

I couldn't agree more. Constructive criticism and just different tastes are most of what negative comments are. If people say what I do to my car is ugly, I dont mind, because my personal taste agrees with it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock