Engine Swap by Old86
Started on: 05-05-2010 03:18 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: dobey on 05-06-2010 02:46 PM
Old86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Direct Link to This Post
anyone in VA, NC, or SC able to provide a turnkey job on a 3800SC or Cad 4.9? would like to hear from you if so.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
I know this isnt in the areas you stated, but the Fiero Factory can do a 4.9 for you.. They are in north alabama, right near the Tennessee boarder.. It might be farther, but they are the best.. They also do 3.4's... I dunno about the L67, you would have to contact them and ask..
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:
I just found this online:
http://fiero34swap.eleventenths.org/fieroshops/
There's one in your neck of the woods.

Hampton and Danville are not exactly close to each other. I'm close to Hampton, but it looks like BV Motorsports doesn't exist any more. I can't find it on Google Maps (there's no address listed on that linked page), and the first phone number belongs to a car dealer in Hampton. I did find another web site, but all the images were broken links, and it had "Copyright 2001" at the bottom.

A 3800SC or 4.9 swap should be pretty straightforward though. Enough people have done them. If I had the time, room, and equipment, I'd offer, but I don't yet.
Old86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Direct Link to This Post
Thanks all for your info. Now, is there anywhere I can find a comparison/review of a 3800SC vs a 4.9 in a Fiero. I want low end speed/torque and my car is automatic. Thanks
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old86:

Thanks all for your info. Now, is there anywhere I can find a comparison/review of a 3800SC vs a 4.9 in a Fiero. I want low end speed/torque and my car is automatic. Thanks

From West Coast Fiero's page [1], it looks like the 4.9 has a little more torque, and the same HP as the 3800 series 2 N/A. The 3800sc series 2 still has a little less torque than the 4.9, but jumps to 243hp. With the auto, I don't know if there's going to be much difference off the line between the two. You'll probably want to swap the trans over with it also, though, rather than keeping the 3spd slushbox. The 4t60e and 4t65e will be better for mileage and will probably hold up better. And if you want to do the swap, some of the 4t65e cars come with TAPshift.

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...conversion_info.html

I've been planning to do an LS4 swap, but have been thinking lately about a 3800 n/a, just because it's a lot cheaper, easier, and faster to do.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock