Pontiac Tribute Day - June 1, 2010 approaching fast by 87 Pegasus
Started on: 05-04-2010 01:58 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: blakeinspace on 05-07-2010 02:25 PM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

We are approaching the century mark with 696 people submitting nearly 1000 cars from 44 US states and 4 from over seas.

Visit www.pontiactributeday.com for the official press release and to join the list of supports that are saying "Thank You!"

At a meeting of the Midwest Fiero Clubs (the association of Pontiac Fiero clubs in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan and Indiana) this past week, we came up with a brainstorm that we need your assistance with.

Although GM has decided to discontinue the Pontiac marque, I know we are all still very proud of our Pontiacs. As a salute of appreciation to General Motors for the years of Pontiac excitement they gave to us, we are promoting Tuesday, June 1, 2010, as "Pontiac Tribute Day". All we ask is that you drive and enjoy your Pontiac on this day, whatever it may be - old, new, G6, GP or GTO - let's show GM how much we appreciate all of the excitement they have brought to our lives! This event may grow into possible cruise nights and car shows highlighting Pontiac - the creativity in promoting this is up to everyone.

We need your help in promoting Pontiac Tribute Day so we can get the word out nationwide and possibly even worldwide with this idea. Please promote this as far as you can through other individuals and clubs you know about, through websites, phone calls, emails, etc. We have just under one year to watch this grow!

Thank you for your support.

Jim Hallman, President
Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Inc.

In a recent issue of Muscle Car Review there was a nice write up about this event.

The article states:
"It's sorta like Take Your Daughter to Work Day, but with less moping. In honor of the once-mighty Pontiac Brand, the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts are mounting a campaign to have all Pontiac owners drive their cars on June 1. It's simple, if you own a Pontiac-any Pontiac-drive it on June 1 as a tribute to the make. The Fiero club guys would like owners to sign up on their website (www.pontiactributeday.com) to show support for fellow enthusiasts. If you can take the idea a step further and organize a Pontiac-themed car show or cruise night, they'll announce in on the site."

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 05-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I ordered one from Paul V at the Swap Meet.
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I'll make sure to drive both of my fieros, and pull my brothers fiero lol. That is if he can't get his 3800 in before then.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet)
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (bella)
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I drive my Blue 87 GT .... EVERY DAY.

I am certain that I will be driving it on June 1. Heck, when I go to club meetings I think I am the only one who shows up in a Fiero.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
June 1... approaching.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock