My little project... by GT86FASTBACK
Started on: 05-03-2010 11:41 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: donnie072003 on 08-21-2010 05:38 PM
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
So I got bored today and here are the fruits of my labor. Enjoy. :-)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
nice work!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
looks good but the L/H side need to be aligned .... like the RH side...

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
They are actually alligned perfect, but the rubber gromets are not flattened out the same amount on both sides... gonna do some fine tweaking tomorrow. Or are you talking about the actual rotation of the lights?I know the are not the same on both sides... Gonna rotate tomorrow too. :-)

[This message has been edited by GT86FASTBACK (edited 05-03-2010).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
You painted over the PONTIAC!
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry Carcenomy. I actually had a huge crack over one side of my "Pontiac" that i had to repair, so i had to paint to cover up the bodywork.
Iowa GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iowa GTSend a Private Message to Iowa GTDirect Link to This Post
What are you going to do for back up lights? Looks good otherwise; sure beats spending $3-400 bucks for almost the same thing.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Where did you get those lights at? Those look amazing.
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
I think by allignment he is referring to the criss cross pattern of the LEDs
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! Iowa, I think im gonna try and fit backup lights in the holes where my reflectors are... if i can find the right size. Donnie, the lights came from walmart, they were in the auto center and were $13 each, i couldnt pass up the deal! I would have loved the one piece one from Kahines I just dont have the money so... Beeing broke all the time leads to creative solutions. :-)
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
They do look really good, keep up the good work.
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Even a poor sap like me can afford walmart. What a great idea. I was looking at the back of mine last night and the delam is terrible on my lights so I may be making a trip to walmart soon!! Got to get it running first though. Just swapped motors and have an electrical issue.
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I did have to switch my turn signal flasher with my 4-way flasher to make my turn signals blink, just letting you know... when the new lights were done, they refused to flash. i got the idea for the Kahines website, but just giving you the heads up, incase anyone here wants to do it. dont want you sitting around for an hour with the "wtf" look on your face like i did. The switch also makes the signals bling at a normal rate, incase yours are slow like mine were. :-)
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Nice job .... the alignement I was refering to was the LEDs star pattern on the R/H side are straight up and down while on the L/H they are offset. LEDs tail lights take alot less amps to light up therefore you need an electronic flasher for them. I bought mine when I switched over from incandecent lights bulbs to LED bulbs. By cutting some wires on the electronic flasher the rate of flashes increased. You can buy them here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item45f27344f2

Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-05-2010).]

Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Add two more on each side and make them sequential
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

Add two more on each side and make them sequential

LoL, I would like that but thats gonna be too much for my taste... And these are sooooo bright when i apply the brakes anyway, i dont want half the world going blind when i come to a stop. :-)
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

So I got bored today and here are the fruits of my labor. Enjoy. :-)

Edit: I forgot to say AWSOME job!

Thought this idea would look good. After looking at the location of were you put them I can see that there would be room for them. I also changed the orientation of the Left side to match the right side Tail light.

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 05-05-2010).]

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Humm. that is a pretty nice idea... I have to look into what lights i can use for that... maybe LED foglights turned sideways... Humm... the gears are turning.... lol I already rotated them so they match the other side. :-)
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

Humm. that is a pretty nice idea... I have to look into what lights i can use for that... maybe LED foglights turned sideways... Humm... the gears are turning.... lol I already rotated them so they match the other side. :-)

Cool! Yah that is just a photo shop but it does get the wheels turning the possibilities are nearly endless. If you have picked the ones you like post it on my thread at the bottom were my sig is and I’ll do my best to give you a visual before you buy them.

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 05-05-2010).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Wow man those look really really good.. You did a great job on that.. Im not too sure about the dotted reverse lights though.. Could you put up a picture with the reverse lights as they are now?.. So i can get a better visual comparison..

I really like wingless fastbacks.. it looks kinda like a ferrari now..

Im betting theres fastback owners on here that would pay you too do that to thiers.. Or maby you could write up a "how to" guide with a parts list for the forum..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-05-2010).]

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Wow man those look really really good.. You did a great job on that.. Im not too sure about the dotted reverse lights though.. Could you put up a picture with the reverse lights as they are now?.. So i can get a better visual comparison..

I really like wingless fastbacks.. it looks kinda like a ferrari now..

Im betting theres fastback owners on here that would pay you too do that to thiers.. Or maby you could write up a "how to" guide with a parts list for the forum..

Well, i dont have any reverse lights as of right now. Havent come up with anything yet. LoL I think they turned out good. All i used was 4-4" LED lights i got from walmart, my rotozip, my dremel to clean up the cut and some black spray paint to paint the panels when they were done. I removed the stock reflectors fomr inside the lights, that was about it... did some wiring too. LoL nothing too big. I know anyone here can do the same thing I did. I just didnt want to spend $300 on a rear pannel. :-)
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
After reading your post I looked on Ebay and they have 4" 10 LED clear lights listed that might look cool for back-ups next to your 4" red ones. Heres a link if your interested. They also make some that are clear lens with red or amber LEDs. I have to say this is one of the coolest cheap tail light conversions I've seen on here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

After reading your post I looked on Ebay and they have 4" 10 LED clear lights listed that might look cool for back-ups next to your 4" red ones. Heres a link if your interested. They also make some that are clear lens with red or amber LEDs. I have to say this is one of the coolest cheap tail light conversions I've seen on here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hey man! Good eye!!!!!!! I really like those. I think i may use them. Very cool! And thank you.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Make sure you post pics. I'm trying to envision what it would look like!

Donnie
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Any updates yets. Dying to see how it comes out.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Bump for a really cool project!!
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
bump
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I would also like to see your how too. I have blacked out my lights all together yes even over the pontiac but i have also polished it all off until it shines through it does look good but i still like your mod. What are the lights what wire went where come on we beg you to make this into a build thread.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I think GTFASTBACK is just teasing us with this project! LOL

------------------

Sad to say this is the best looking part of the car so far!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Any updates yet. I've still been thinking about doing this

------------------

Sad to say this is the best looking part of the car so far!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
LoL sorry guys. Been a bit busy lately havent done much on the car. Painting the roof and getting ready to remove and paint the rear clip... As for the tail, still looking for good reverse lights.... I think i am onto something will post pix in a few days...
PFF
System Bot
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Update!!! SO after looking around, I finally found light i can use as reverse lights. My buddy works for a trucking company and found something that he thought might work well so he grabbed me two... I think they are just perfect!!!

These are very similar in design to my tails but much much smaller. Non LED.

As u can see there is a size diff and thats just fine by me. I didnt really want my backup lights to be as big as my brake lights so, these will be just what I was looking for and you cant beat the price of free. :-)

I will try to get then done this week and will post pix.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Any new updates yet? How did it turn out?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock