T-Tops. by Hockaday
Started on: 05-03-2010 08:39 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Hockaday on 05-03-2010 08:59 PM
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if the company who made the T-Tops for the Fieros was the same company who made them for the trans ams? ( 79ish )

Follow up question. has anyone used a diff car's t tops on their fiero? like a Zed?

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Membe

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Cars and Concepts made the T-Tops for the GM Camaro/Firebird, Fiero and Ford Mustang in the 1980s.

Previous to that 1976 to 1981 GM made their own T-tops and Hurst Made the "Hurst Hatch" which was featured on Smokey and the Bandit. Neither was involved with Cars and Concepts.

Maybe Roger Garrison can chime in here. (Hes a Auto Body Pro)

There was another aftermarket refit kit in the late 70s that may have been C and C but I havent seen many of these. On this model of kit, the T roofs actually look like later model t top roofs.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 05-03-2010).]

bowrapennocks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
There were two different T-tops on Camaros Firebirds. C&C did aftermarket conversions and GM did their own and are referred to as Fisher. The Fisher design is much cleaner and seals better. C&C went out of business in the early 1990s.

I think all the other t-tops are larger than the Fieros and certainly none of the weatherstrips are the same. C&C t-tops were offered through Pontiac as an option in 1988. These CJB t-tops have different weartherstrips than the others. C&C t-tops were installed at the C&C factory, by C&C authorized dealers, and by people who were able to get the install kits. The quality of the installation varied a lot. I friend of mine has an Enterra (Fiero rebodied in Canada, about 35 made). His Enterra has t-tops and they are different than the C&C...the panels are opaque fiberglass and not glass.
Jim
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
ah opk, because the trans am t tops were the same style as the fiero ( square and hideous imho ) so i just wondered. this was an aftermarket kit but currently has a camaro back bone in it now.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock