looking for an 86 GT w/ 4 speed by YZrider143
Started on: 05-01-2010 11:11 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: YZrider143 on 05-08-2010 05:24 PM
YZrider143

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post
Im looking for an 86 GT with a 4 speed here in New York. The car needs to be driveable and in decent shape, I dont need another project because I already have a project Fiero and now I want to drive one! I have searched a lot of different websites and cant find one in NY, so I thought I would turn to fellow Fiero owners. If you have one for sale or know of one for sale any information would be great.

[This message has been edited by YZrider143 (edited 05-01-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
You might find one in the mall... For now, just use craiglook.com to check outlying areas quickly.
YZrider143

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

You might find one in the mall... For now, just use craiglook.com to check outlying areas quickly.

I have been checking the mall, as for craiglook.com I have found a few 87 GT 5 speeds but really want an 86 GT with a 4 speed.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
curiosity... Why do you want a 4speed over a getrag?
YZrider143

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

curiosity... Why do you want a 4speed over a getrag?

Im partial to a 4 speed because I like the way it pulls through each gear. I don't dislike the 5 speeds by any means because I may very well settle for one.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
How much are you looking to spend Id sell mine for the right price
Brand new engine transmission and clutch. Also runs to show it. Its an 86 with the 4 speed.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-02-2010).]

YZrider143

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

How much are you looking to spend Id sell mine for the right price
Brand new engine transmission and clutch. Also runs to show it. Its an 86 with the 4 speed.

How many miles are on the car? New as in rebuilt, for the motor and tranny?

[This message has been edited by YZrider143 (edited 05-02-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by YZrider143:

How many miles are on the car? New as in rebuilt, for the motor and tranny?

The car itself has 225K but the motor and trans have about 20K on them. It was said to be a frame up restoration. From what i understand its a 3.4 block but i have not looked into it that far yet to tell if it is or not. Trans shifts fine and the clutch is a stiff as a rock no grinding at all.

YZrider143

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post

The car itself has 225K but the motor and trans have about 20K on them. It was said to be a frame up restoration. From what i understand its a 3.4 block but i have not looked into it that far yet to tell if it is or not. Trans shifts fine and the clutch is a stiff as a rock no grinding at all.

Its something I would have to think about, I appreciate the offer. How much would you be looking to get?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I get what you mean - around here, the only options are 4speeds, if you can find a manual at all. I had to settle for a lazy mans car (automatic - I wanted a 5speed so much, but the only one within a hundred miles was beat to hell).

---- and to answer your question:
More than he paid...

BTW, Rick, why are you even offering? I thought you wanted to keep the Lantern...?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by YZrider143:

Its something I would have to think about, I appreciate the offer. How much would you be looking to get?

I would be one of thoes make me an offer things. its going to be a hard car for me to get rid of because i really enjoy it. lol i got 4 speed feaver just like you
I will tell you this though the 4 speeds are a killer on fuel.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-02-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
YZrider143

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post

I would be one of thoes make me an offer things. its going to be a hard car for me to get rid of because i really enjoy it. lol i got 4 speed feaver just like you
I will tell you this though the 4 speeds are a killer on fuel.

I know there not the best on fuel, but it wont really bother me. I have an 85 GT that's a 4 speed and I'm trying to stay with the 4 speed for another Fiero.
YZrider143

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YZrider143Send a Private Message to YZrider143Direct Link to This Post
I'm still looking, if you know of one let me know.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock