Started on: 04-30-2010 03:36 AM
Replies: 58
Last post by: ltlfrari on 05-04-2010 11:20 PM
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Ultra-light weight DOHC V8 with VVT and Direct Injection... 10,000rpm redline when using the twin turbo setup. When running N/A, it will put out 540HP - boosted, it should put out 625HP.

Will have to be extremely durable (all forged internals).

V6 version would have all of the same options and features, just minus two cylinders. I'm thinking 450HP boosted, 370HP when run N/A. Its doable.
IP: Logged
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:
Why push rod? are there any advantages to it?

my ideal engine would be...either a v10 or v8, 11 plus litres. dohc turbo(s), carb'd unless huge gains with black magic ( ecu ) megaphone exhaust.

not sure on the internals as i lack the knowledge to say.

Pushrod, because pushrod heads are lighter than DOHC heads, and you can make a larger displacement pushrod engine that's lighter and more powerful than a DOHC, at least on street cars.

Port fuel injection isn't that much better than carb, but direct injection is MILES ahead of either one.
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
4.5L Duramax v8 (concept engine) ...

or the land rover diesel engine in europe/australia...

or 3.6 LLT
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
ah i see, i figured a sohc or dohc v8 would be better then the pushrod due to less moving parts and higher revs ( i know revs don't = power but its nice to havve the room )

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 05-02-2010).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Saturn V F-1 engine
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
Longitudinal smallish V12 with dual throttlebodies and lots of machined aluminum and a stick shift. @#$% possible. I want it.

btw batousai666, FieroX runs a 3800SC with a ridiculously built 4t65-HD (don't quote me on the transmission.)
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
1.3L inline 4 from a Ford Festiva with a twin turbo setup
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

fierofury

298 posts
Member since Sep 2007
^ Joking, I would prob go with the 5.4L supercharged all alluminum V8 out of a Ford Gt.
sunofjustice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sunofjusticeSend a Private Message to sunofjusticeDirect Link to This Post
Quasi-reality: Chevy 4.3 , TRIPOWER carbed, vortec v6,
sans computer, with old timey dizzy.
(IMHO, tri power should be on a six banger,
and dual carbs should be on a vee eight)

Fantasy or bust: 1984 FERRARI 2.8 TWIN TURBO, v8.
(all aluminum, nuff said....)

Fevered, arbitrary dream: PONTIAC 301 , carbed TURBO v8.
(Mucho freaky retro, can you dig it,yo?)

[This message has been edited by sunofjustice (edited 05-02-2010).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
3.6 DI DOHC.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

glad you're all enjoying the thread...albeit its kinda depressing that none of this will happen unless you sell your organs..

Hey man... mine can be found at the salvage yards for fairly cheap. Well the more common honda motors are super cheap and should be an easy swap in. Just working on the trans mounting....
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
yeah yeah...but some of us have bigger imaginations ;p. i personally wouldnt use any premade engine i'd designe one from the alloy up. an bigger displacement always = better...sorry im a muscle guy, thats part of it lol. can't stand lil engines unless there is some extreme reason why to use it. But im sure there are alot of people love having small displacement engines like 3.0 litres etc.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Two that can think of. 1.) Turbo 4 cylinder diesel with lots of torque. 2.) Gas Super charged 4 or 5 cylinder all aluminum engine mated to a 6 speed manual trans with limited slip diff.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-03-2010).]

Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Lexus LFA V10. The sound that engine makes is inhumanly sexy.
Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Direct Link to This Post
You guys called me crazy before, so I'll say it again, a 4.3L Ferrari, would probably have to use a 308 gearbox to make it work, yuk!
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

3.6 DI DOHC.

x2 with the 6spd auto.
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
I would love one of the new german direct inject turbo-diesel 6's that they have coming out, like the ones in the bew BMW's..
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Complete "aint gonna happen" engine: Custom alloy 3.5L Twin Turbo Direct Injection V6 Diesel.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Does not leak (anything)!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave