Started on: 04-29-2010 10:19 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 05-04-2010 02:52 PM
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
This engine sounds like a variation of the Bow Tie V6/60 block made by Chevrolet Special Products in the 80's. It was an all aluminum racing version of the 2.8, but it had iron cylinder liners. It is described starting on page 3-3 of this document. (Warning -- the document is large and will take a while to download. But it's worth it.)
IP: Logged
p8ntman442

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
This motor has absolutly nothing to do with the bowtie block, Its not the same material even.

You now the crappy intake manifold the fiero uses, well you can thank this motor for it. Its neck was designed to get the turbo as close to the inake as possible to prevent the issues they had with the earlier non fiero 309 turbo motor.

Tons more info comes with the motor.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Not to be a dick... But the original question with what this thread was created about was not answered... What are the benefits of an all aluminum engine. Of course I can go on wikipedia right now and look it up, but since the owner is here then why not chip in.

Tom.
p8ntman442

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by p8ntman442:

The major advantage of an aluminum block over cast is weight savings. I can lift this block over my head with one hand.

Its on the previous page.

This motor was making close to 300 hp in the Fiero when turbocharged and was kicking ass in the 1/4 mile, but with the shitty fiero suspension the car was un-controllable for public release, that and snapping crank snouts off on the way to work makes the package a fail on the market.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the info
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock