Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Let me tell you about my date tonight:\ Yes its fiero related. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Let me tell you about my date tonight:\ Yes its fiero related. by pontiackid86
Started on: 04-10-2010 09:40 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: SNAPPY829 on 06-10-2010 12:19 AM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
So i met this girl at a party a few weeks ago. Full package smart funny good looks blond hair nice body full 9 yards. we decided to go out on a date tonight so Im in a nice 3 peice suit shes in a beautiful red dress because we were going to a nice up scale restraunt. Well we went and ate. had a good time i had me a nice steak she had lobster. Well we took my 87 out and she was DIGGIN it. Her parents liked it her little brother liked it. we took it to the restarunt and the vallet liked it and everyone who was there when i pulled up was diggin it. So we left to go to vallyforge park for a small gfet together of her friends. The date was going nice until the fiero intervened......... Were driving down the street and POP. The engine shuts off and will not start back up. At this point im feeling like the biggest a$$ ever here she is in a nice red dress me in my 3 peice suit and im in the back of the car trying to figure out what happend. I was looking at my tach and it wasent pulsing. so this put up the red flag ICM. I had an ICM with me but of all times for me not to have my tool box so now im feeleng like even more of an a$$ calling a towtruck. So the tow truck arive's and i take her home after we unload the car at my house. thankfuly my fiero dident ruin it because i did get a goodnight kiss....... So fast forward a little bit. I get home and get into my work cloths..... Take off the cap using a phillips head. Take out the ICM using a phillips head. Put it all back together using a phillips head and starts right up...... Always can leave it up to a fiero.. Always.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-11-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Maybe your car is trying to tell you something.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Maybe your car is trying to tell you something.

Lol thats what i was thinking. It is a pretty good judge of charicter just not sa good judge of my wallett.

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
So did you go get your other Fiero to take her home?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

So did you go get your other Fiero to take her home?

Haha no i took her home in the sebring.
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Haha no i took her home in the sebring.

Were you afraid the other Fiero might have broke down too

I bet you'll carry a phillips screw driver along with a spare ICM in the trunk from now on!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Owner (edited 04-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

Were you afraid the other Fiero might have broke down too

I bet you'll carry a phillips screw driver along with a spare ICM in the trunk from now on!

Haha im going back out tonight so yes they are comming with me. Lol the fgreen fiero needs a new set of spark plug wire's

Real sad thing is she likes the green fiero over the red one i think.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-10-2010).]

VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
I thought you were engaged?

Where was Antizi when you needed him? I bet he carry`s tools !!!

Nice one tho Rick, I like the suit touch !!!

Makes a Great first impression.

Too bad the second one ( Cars ) was not as good !!!

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 04-11-2010).]

SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Yup, first thing I thought of as I was reading..... icu, I would hav thought u would have the philips AND the icm but, youre still getting it back together , 100% understood!! Your still in happy mode from the paint and all...... glad it turned out ok and no damage from the tow.
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
See, with these things, its more of a love/ hate relationship.... Oh, and your Fiero has that situation too. (Hey, no one said I was actually funny!)
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
She must have been good lookin' if your car got THAT jealous..

------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

So fast forward a little bit. I get home and get into my work cloths.....

HUH? I thought those were unemployment clothes.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Never leave home without it... Leatherman wave...

If you don't have one get one! even the cheapy pst will save your rear but the wave has more functionality.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 04-10-2010).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
To be honest PK, I'm with her on this one - I like your green one better too

I think my ICM is on the way out too, have a spare but haven't got a screwdriver in the car. Cheers for the heads up, will throw one in the trunk now.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
I dunno... I had that happen to me too. Seemed like everytime I took out a new girl the car would somehow crap out...
Guess my vehicles are jelous of me spending any time with any body else...

But that was a long time ago.. since then... my cars LIKE the girls I'm with...LOL

I'm sure she is still impressed with you...

Good luck!

Jim
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
just remember if you start getting serious with her make sure she understands fiero first... her second. I almost made it a part of my vows.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the Fiero is just testing her. If she is good looking, likes the Fiero and is willing to put up with an occasional glitch then you have a keeper.
JLCustomizing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JLCustomizingSend a Private Message to JLCustomizingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Actually, the Fiero is just testing her. If she is good looking, likes the Fiero and is willing to put up with an occasional glitch then you have a keeper.

I was just about to say that! lol Glad you got it fixed.

------------------
2.8se .40 bored over, Mecham Side Scoops, KYB Suspension

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Not only that i found my culprit spark plug wire as well on my green car so there both back up and running. Im still replacing my spark plug wires but i have a temp fix so i can drive it.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

I though you were engaged?

Lol no i was a long time ago but my 1st fiero ruined that.

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Lol, I love how the "full 9 yards" only included discriptions of how she looks...
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Lol, I love how the "full 9 yards" only included discriptions of how she looks...

Shes smart to.... I dident mean it like that. i could have sworn i typed that in.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
i always have tools with me . and a icm even if im not driving a fiero.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.. ... Some girl was dumb enough to go out on a date with you? Was candy and a van involved?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Shes smart to.... I dident mean it like that. i could have sworn i typed that in.

Uuummm... In the ^END^ does it really matter if she even knows her name..??

------------------
SMTHGT.....
aka. "SmoothGT"

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I am in the minority, but if out on a date (especially a 1st date or early into the relationship) and your car breaks down, leave the car and continue to focus on your lady. You want the date to be about spending time with her and you can go back for the car after the date ends. By working on your car during her date you are supporting her fears that the car may be more important to you than she ever will be... not the type of impression most are looking for, especially on the 1st date.

Now if you are on a date in her car, then it might OK to do some wrenching if she wants you to... she may have other plans and want to ditch the car and get on with the date.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Not only that i found my culprit spark plug wire as well on my green car so there both back up and running. Im still replacing my spark plug wires but i have a temp fix so i can drive it.

problems on both cars what ailed red if it was same on green and different problem was this then or same green to red?

(I'm trying to learn PK language) (in english).... What ended up being the problem on the red car?

[This message has been edited by The MaD cOw (edited 04-11-2010).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
LOL! PK the date never happened without pic's

Fiero's do get jellous and to have 2 of them and find a girl? how do you find the time away from the fieros? LOL! JK.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I am one that would never use my Fiero for a first date. Mine is reliable, and has left me stranded only once - however the car is 20-something years old, and the older they are the more likely they are to break on you - at the worst time. Besides, if you drove it to impress her, your plan might have worked - against you.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The MaD cOw:

problems on both cars what ailed red if it was same on green and different problem was this then or same green to red?

(I'm trying to learn PK language) (in english).... What ended up being the problem on the red car?

The green fiero has been having a slight missfire lateley nothing to serious but enough to piss me off. after the date was over i was pulling spark plug wires to see if anyone them were bad here on the #3 cylinder the connecter inside the plug wire wasent even making contact with the plug causing the missfire so i fixed that and went out with a few of my friends. The red fiero was the ICM.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-11-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
When i took my fiero out on a date we hit the local canyon. Thats when my fiero was all 1 colour. It was all fun until klunk klunk klunk tap tap tap and no oil pressure. She asked if i spun a bearing. I replied "i love you"
phoenixbeginning

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phoenixbeginningSend a Private Message to phoenixbeginningDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone learned anything from the movie CHRISTINE they dont mix.
You take a 4 door family or friend of the familys car to make out in... the bond between you and your car...she'll never get.
Just like us guys and women on their shoes.
Dont mix them up...and p.s. you can get laid anywhere ..hehehe just joking
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

So i met this girl at a party a few weeks ago. Full package smart funny good looks blond hair nice body full 9 yards. we decided to go out on a date tonight so Im in a nice 3 peice suit shes in a beautiful red dress because we were going to a nice up scale restraunt.

A bit of over kill for a McDonald's, don't ya think?
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

A bit of over kill for a McDonald's, don't ya think?

I was thinking wendys he got dressed up.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

When i took my fiero out on a date we hit the local canyon. Thats when my fiero was all 1 colour. It was all fun until klunk klunk klunk tap tap tap and no oil pressure. She asked if i spun a bearing. I replied "i love you"

That's pretty cool, a chick who knows what a bearing is!
Cancer Researcher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cancer ResearcherSend a Private Message to Cancer ResearcherDirect Link to This Post
LOL, cool story! If that would have happened to me and my car broke down, with my luck the girl would probably think I rigged it on purpose just to get fresh. lol.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Well most of the girls I dated would have been back there helping me. Be prepared for anything or as much as you can. If the girls don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I ALWAYS carried a ziplock bag with spare module AND tools with me. I got where I could fix it and be going in 15 mins. Im sure shed have been impressed if you could have fixed it right there in front of her. Just cross your fingers for your next date with her that she dont tell you to drive another car.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I keep a swiss army knife with me always. It's gotten cars going again.

Now here's what you do to make up for it. Wire in a hidden kill switch and trip it. let it die. "Say, uh oh, not again!" Go to the back and fiddle around back there for 10 min or so. Get a little greasy. Flip back the switch and you look like the hero
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock