My new 84 Project!!! by awestfield
Started on: 03-29-2010 02:28 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: awestfield on 07-20-2010 04:12 PM
awestfield

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Ok so this is and 84 that I rescued off of craigslist. When i saw it i felt i knew that i had to grab it other wise it was gonna end up as junk. The listing was asking for $500 because it was said to have a bad fuel pump. After weeks of talking I took the guy $200 and a tow truck and it was mine!!! Well when I got it home I noticed a wire laying across the fan belt. I repaired the damaged wire and she started right up!!! Major Score!!!!!!

Now it's time for the fun to begin and time to breathe life into this almost gone 84 beauty!!!!!

This is when i first brought her home!!!!

This is after playing with some wheels that i had laying around and she got her first bath!!!!

[This message has been edited by awestfield (edited 04-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. That is not too shabby at all for $200. She cleaned up nice.
Larry

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. i was really surprised at how she looked after i cleaned her up a bit. When i got it the headlight motors were shot so that was a perfect opportunity to do a recessed headlight job it. that should be done by the end of the week. Also I'm changing the interior color to black, Gt front fascia, and changing the top clip to black. so that should keep me busy for the next couple of weeks.
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
looks like a nice project! good luck
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations of a steal! It really did clean up nicely, and I like the wheels with the gray centers.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by awestfield:

... to do a recessed headlight job ...

Making your own, or getting a kit from someplace?

The car looks great!

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Congratulations of a steal! It really did clean up nicely, and I like the wheels with the gray centers.

thanks!!! the center were done with dupli-color gun metal wheel spray. I'm trying to decide if i should go all gun metal or gun metal with red lips. Or maybe i could do all black, or black with red lips??? any suggestions?
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

awestfield

176 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Making your own, or getting a kit from someplace?

The car looks great!

I have read on alot of threads about people's kits that they constructed there selves and i just don't think that purchasing a kit is worth near as much as what people want for them. so i'm out to make my own taking a little from what different people have put together and combine it to make my own.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
way way better to just fix the headlights, there's some tutorials on here for diagnostics and for headlight motor rebuilds
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Its my day off so i have been out side playing!!!

Ugly grey seats

now time to play

thanks dupli-color
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

awestfield

176 posts
Member since Mar 2010
recessed headlight project has started!!!

[This message has been edited by awestfield (edited 04-04-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
WTF are those seats, Camaro or something? They're most certainly not meant to be in there... some proper '84 speaker seats would be a wise investment methinks.

She's hella-straight for 200 bucks... love the bumperpad look, when they're clean they look top notch
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
after doing some research i found out they are 97 Camaro 30th anniversary seats. They aren't the best the they are gonna stay for a while. Regular fiero seats aren't gonna cut it for the look that i'm going for...
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Nice catch, loved the story about the wire and it's always nice to see one get saved. That's not an 84 rear deck lid and grills though, not that it matters.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Nice catch, loved the story about the wire and it's always nice to see one get saved. That's not an 84 rear deck lid and grills though, not that it matters.

God when i realized what was wrong i was laughing my F'ing a$$ off!!!! i was like come on now just open your eyes!!! my wife could have found that!!!!!

yea as i was looking over it i noticed that it seemed to have few body panels replaced but yea it doesnt matter cause they are coming off the car anyway. I hate the luggage rack look. and i'm changing the bumper pad fascia to the areo nose. lots of work ahead of me though. thanks for the words!!!

[This message has been edited by awestfield (edited 04-05-2010).]

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Hey man! Great find!!!! That is a sharp little car. Welcome to the Family.
fieroloco

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolocoClick Here to visit fieroloco's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolocoDirect Link to This Post
great fiero
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, i'm just a little irritated with the headlights, They didnt turn out the way i had envisioned them, i hate pop ups and i dont want them to look like everyone else's recessed lights....
JLCustomizing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JLCustomizingSend a Private Message to JLCustomizingDirect Link to This Post
looking good!! What kind of look are you going for, total custom?

------------------
2.8se .40 bored over, Mecham Side Scoops, KYB Suspension

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JLCustomizing:

looking good!! What kind of look are you going for, total custom?

Yea going total custom but with a taste of original fiero as well!!!
PFF
System Bot
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
did some more work on the recessed headlights today!!!!

so yea i figured out how to cut plexi glass today!!!!

almost perfect fit!!!!

[This message has been edited by awestfield (edited 05-06-2010).]

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
well i finally finished the headlight install today!!!!!

day time pics

Halo's on in the day!!!!

projectors during the day

all lit up!!!!

Light pattern

Halo's baby!!!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Headlights look great! How is the light pattern in front of the car on the road?
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
thanks man!!!! i have a few adjustments to make before i drive at night but as far as i can tell it lights up the road very nice
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Having flushmounts I have found that the lighting was insufficient making it difficult to see potholes or anything else in the road you would not want to drive over,I was looking at light set ups similar to what you are doing but with BMW s series that i found online and was wondering if it would improve the visibility factor at all. From the picture you have the garage lights up very well and show the lights are a clean and bright white which may help visibility, but your visibility is very high up, opposed to low to the ground, which is how mine are. Also I notice that a good amount of your light visibility is lost on the inside of the front hood (lighting up the inside of the light bucket) and am wondering if you are working on these issues for more visibility, or have you already concluded that these aspects of loss are a inevitable factor?
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Having flushmounts I have found that the lighting was insufficient making it difficult to see potholes or anything else in the road you would not want to drive over,I was looking at light set ups similar to what you are doing but with BMW s series that i found online and was wondering if it would improve the visibility factor at all. From the picture you have the garage lights up very well and show the lights are a clean and bright white which may help visibility, but your visibility is very high up, opposed to low to the ground, which is how mine are. Also I notice that a good amount of your light visibility is lost on the inside of the front hood (lighting up the inside of the light bucket) and am wondering if you are working on these issues for more visibility, or have you already concluded that these aspects of loss are a inevitable factor?

actually not a lot is lost in the hood and those pics are taken with out the buckets in.... my solution to the on ground problem is a good set of driving lights!!! they will be in this week so i'll be able to see how well that goes this weekend, i think that the drving lights should take care of the problem nicely..... it's also getting a GT face lift this week as well....
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
I was actually debating driving lights as a solution,but it is still frustrating when the lights dont really do their function, the only option i see for making any flushmounts fully functional is to bring them closer to the bumper and do a cut out job on the hood and bumper like the way archie does for the nsx lights.... Well if i do go forward with my version of flushmounts atleast i know i will continue to have this issue as you are having as well. Thanks and good luck
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Thanks and no problem.... just remember you are doing something on a vehicle that it wasn't designed to do..... there are always road blocks and hurdles and that's what makes this fun.... if it was easy everyone would do it........ good luck and let me know how yours turns out!!!
10can

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 10canSend a Private Message to 10canDirect Link to This Post
Looks like 200 bucks well spent. Where did you get the headlights? Are they BMW?
dejulio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dejulioSend a Private Message to dejulioDirect Link to This Post
Good luck bro, looks like you have an awesome start there alot better then mine lol anyhow welcome to the forum!
PFF
System Bot
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 10can:

Looks like 200 bucks well spent. Where did you get the headlights? Are they BMW?

Thanks! No there not bmw they are actually H3 fog light with silver star super white bulbs....
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
got some more work done over the last few days!!!!

first off the bumper pads had to go...

Then got started on the headlight buckets!!!

[This message has been edited by awestfield (edited 05-27-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I thought you had a GT fastback? nice build by the way.
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Wow, man! You are doing some work! This is an excellent build up thread.

BTW:What materials are using to make the headlight buckets?

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 05-28-2010).]

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I thought you had a GT fastback? nice build by the way.

Thanks.... Yea I do but it only got 46,000 original miles so I never drive it but on rare and extremly rare occasions... It stays in the garage all of the time!!!
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

awestfield

176 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:

Wow, man! You are doing some work! This is an excellent build up thread.

BTW:What materials are using to make the headlight buckets?

Thanks a lot!..... Using sheet metal not sure of the gauge but I'll check tommorrow and let you know
Fiero Reagan

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, no pictures of the spolier or side panels i set you lol.
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Haven't posted on here in a while so here's some updates to my progress!!!!

Fiero Reagan

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganDirect Link to This Post
In that last picture. is that the spoiler that you bought from me?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock