Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Arlington Washington Fiero Picnic June 5th Arlington Ultra light Air Field

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Arlington Washington Fiero Picnic June 5th Arlington Ultra light Air Field by Capt Fiero
Started on: 03-26-2010 07:59 AM
Replies: 33
Last post by: beken on 06-21-2010 06:17 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Ok to the meat of the matter. http://www.arlington.westcoastfieros.com

This is Arlington, Washington please don't confuse it with other towns in
the USA.

At the link above, PLEASE PLEASE use the Sign Up page. This is so that the
organizers can have a rough idea of how many people to plan for. There
are MAPS, Video's, PICS and all sorts of cool stuff at the link.

On Saturday June 5th Jet City Fiero's is throwing a HUGE Fiero
Party at the Arlington Ultra light air field. This is an open invitation
to ALL FIERO OWNERS. There is ZERO cost to attend. This is not a show, you
won't be judged, it doesn't matter if you have a , daily driver, a project
car, or super show car that you want to show off. This is a BBQ lunch deal
for ALL Fiero Nuts. It's an amazing blast. There are clubs from all
over the Northwest USA and Canada that are going to be attending. It's a
family friendly event. Please leave alcohol at home.

About the only rules are Please don't go drag racing on the paved
runway regardless of how much fun it looks like it would be.

There will be a HUGE BBQ setup to cook food, however you are on
your own to decide what beef stuff you want to bring. (Check with your
local club as some clubs are providing free food for due paying members.)

I will be updating a thread on
www.westcoastfieros.com/forum in a day or 2 with the detailed layout for
people coming from Canada and the route we will be taking down I-5 through
Washington as a group. We are expecting a group of 20 Fiero's just from our
club to be taking over I-5 running 4 Fiero's wide and 5 deep at points.

You should also be able to check www.fiero.nl in a few days for a thread
there as well.

If you have a local club or know of a place to announce this, please feel
free to point them in this direction.

If you are coming please also post on here so we can keep a running tally.

Also if you have any favorite pics from the last few years, please post them up here.
------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Requesting the day off when I get to work today
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
I'll get back to you Trying to convince the wife we need to go

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Let us know you're coming-Sign up today ---> http://www.arlington.westcoastfieros.com
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Direct Link to This Post
Have you been have a problem with the "Jet City" website? I can go anywhere on the web except "Jet City"?
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Let us know you're coming-Sign up today ---> http://www.arlington.westcoastfieros.com

I'm signed up *aka BUMP*
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by raysr11:

Have you been have a problem with the "Jet City" website? I can go anywhere on the web except "Jet City"?

It should be up tomorrow. The JCF member who hosts the site knows it's down and said he'll be at work tomorrow to fix it.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 04-07-2010).]

Dogcreek

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekDirect Link to This Post
Good news on the JCF site.... Us Inlanders visit often!! Hello from INW Fiero's!!! Look forward to seeing the rainy side Fieros in Richland this year!! Like Paul said... 4.5 months and counting

Jeff

[This message has been edited by Dogcreek (edited 04-06-2010).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
4.5 months and counting! Dogcreek, do you need a ride? There is no way that you will have your beast running by then?

(Just a bump!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 04-07-2010).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I plan on going to this event for the first time. Should be quite a few of us coming down from BC.

I look forward to meeting several of you that I've known here at PFF for years, but we're never going to know who's who with the names that some of you use here.

What we need to do is to use name tags with not only our real names on 'em, but with our PFF names as well. Or is that what's usually done at Fiero functions such as this?
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure everybody will recognize you Patrick...

Clynt, Capt Fiero, Patrick and Marcel

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Heh heh... too funny, John.
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Crap, now I have to leave my man card at home in fear you still might try to take it. Might have to leave the Fiero too... Hm...
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I want have wanted to go to this a couple years in a row now. This year, it's on the weekend before Finals week, and there's no smart way I can justify that long of a drive on a weekend like that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

Crap, now I have to leave my man card at home in fear you still might try to take it. Might have to leave the Fiero too... Hm...

Hey Doug, you never did tell us Here how you finally made out with your clutch pedal bushing/sleeve problem!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-07-2010).]

DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hey Doug, you never did tell us Here how you finally made out with your clutch pedal bushing/sleeve problem!

I blamed the PO for losing it, and need to hit the junk yard once the weather improves
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Just signed the 87 up. Last year my boss would not let me have the weekend off. He is kind of an a$$. This year I am telling him to go get bent! (I am my own boss. )

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-09-2010).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Oh well..... thought for a min you were talking about Arlington Va which is next to Washington D.C. and not far from us.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
over 30 Fieros signed up !
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
For all the people coming from British Columbia Canada or any place north of Seattle Washington here is our travel plans for our group. We should have about 20 Fiero's from BC coming down the highway together.

We will be doing a leap frog run. The people that wish to drive the speed limit +/-10mph will leave about 3-5mins before the people that wish to drive flat out. (10-20+mph over the limit) Once on the road, the faster people will overtake the slower people. This will allow us to spend the greatest amount of time together, instead of the faster guys simply shooting miles ahead and having 2 separate groups the entire run down.

The details are below.

6:15am-6:45am
We will meet at the Tim Horton's just East of the Corner of HWY 10 and 152nd Street in Surrey at that time we will all check our FRS's Radio's and set all radios to channel 20. If you have spare radio's please bring them as it would be nice to see a radio in every car. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD BATTERIES. Most people grab coffee and a pop while we look over the cars.
VOX IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE DRIVE. If your radio has VOX capability Please do not use it. VOX is the Voice Activated portion of some Radios. It might be great in the forest, but in a car on the highway with cabin noise, and wind and stereos they have a tendency to activate the radio and lock out anyone else from talking.

6:45 we will leave and head for the border Crossing at 176th street.. Make sure to have your Passport with your driver's license with you.
After we all clear customs we will regroup just across the border at a gas station for those that wish to fill up with the cheaper American fuel. Then I-5 bound.

Aprx 8:30am We will make one stop at a rest area about 1/2 way down, sorry I don't remember the exact address. Just keep your eyes and ears open. After re-grouping at the rest area, next stop Arlington, Look out Jet City here we come.

Once we arrive in Arlington

9:30am Arrive at Arlington
Take exit 206 and head east about 3-4 blocks to a Food Mart there will be a grocery store where we can buy picnic supplies. There will also be a car wash close at hand.-
Plan is for those that want to give their car a quick scrub to do that first off.
Then head for the grocery store and get whatever they plan to bring. Buy anything you want specialty grilled IE steaks and sauces.
We will then caravan to the ultra light air field for the actual picnic
The picnic starts at 10am
We will depart Arlington at 5pm, with cleanup starting at 4pm.

Quick info
GMRS Channel 20
Meeting at Tim Horton's HWY 10 and 152nd Street in Surrey. 6:30am
Cross Boarder at 7am need passport .

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
These are from the 2009 photo thread.

P]OK so I deleted about 1/2 of the shots and then couldn't decide which angles were better, which one had better color, so I just said to heck with it and am posting all of them.   They are in a pretty close order to what the events happened throughout the day.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P]The Back end of Mr. Ducks car[/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Boarder Line up to clear customs with all the Fiero's.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Car-2-Lo's amazing chop top, wide body 3800SC terror on wheels.[/P]
[P]Just some cruising shots[/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Some getting ready to get on the road pics.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]In Washington stopped to grab all the fresh meats and veggies for the Picnic[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Wanna have some fun, get 20 Fiero nuts, all on an adrenalin rush from chasing each other for an hour on the highway, put them into a grocery store together and chase each other around.   [/P]
[P]FieroChick trying to take things seriously, [/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Tent area for seating and cooking.[/P]
[P]At the show[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]This is a swap I am really thinking about.  Gives a Fiero a bit of 1990 Prototype Flair and modern look to it.[/P]
[P]This came from a Camaro, but it very similar to the Firebird dash that I would go with.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Door panels are modified Bonneville panels.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P]More people haning around[/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Nice rows.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Kinda looks like something you might hanging on a wall as ART, Fiero's through a keyhole view.[/P]
[P]Now for the group shots[/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Tims Gold 86SE V6 Auto.  (he took a few of the pics)[/P]
[P]Cool cake, done by I believe FourPoint9's wife, Ralene.[/P]
[P]Finally able to Relax, FieroChick kicks back and laughs a bit.[/P]
[P][/P]
[P]Now this is kinda hard to believe.   I was towing a loaded trailer in my 88GT, with both myself and FieroChick in the car, we had the trunk loaded, the front loaded, and I was averaging 70mph.  I drove 230kms between fuel stops.  I filled the tank at the first stop, drove it then stopped and filled up again, over that time, I only used 3.6gallons of fuel. Thats more than 30mpg. I topped it off the same way I topped it off the first time I filled it.  Even tried to put more fuel in after it shut off twice on its own.   [/P]
[P][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]------------------85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust.  MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver. [/P]

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 05-22-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Tick, tick, tick...

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Sorry....this question is not related to the show at all:

There is a silver fastback in one of the pics above that is really low!
That car has to have at least a 2 inch drop!....
I'm curious if he has coilovers on it?
Or did he modify the bumpstops?
If my car was that low I'd be hitting stuff!

Kit
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I think you are looking at Austins Silver fastback with after market wheels. That is his Track / Street car, uses it for Road Racing + Auto cross Racing, plus summer street use. He has coil overs on the rear, with I believe shortened lowering coils on the front. When he needs to raise it up for street use, he has spring spacers for the front and dials the coil overs up in the rear. FYI the motor is a 3.4 V6 with DIS and custom computer stuff. Before anyone questions the engine, it is a 3.4 from a Camaro, however he chose to keep the DIS rather than convert it to all the Fiero ignition and distributor stuff.

------------------

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
57 Fieros signed up to go. This should be a good one

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 06-05-2010).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Just 5hrs until I am on the road there. Hopefully US immigration will be nice and see that we are a Car club and let us go quickly. I don't want another 2hr fiasco.

We are going to be at Immigration at 7am that should put us in Washington State for 8am

------------------

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Now that was a good Picnic. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

The real thing:

The cake thing with chocolate Fieros:

I ate my car:

Made some new friends and caught up with others we haven't seen in a while.
The weather was awesome. Good food. Cool Fieros.

-Steve
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
All my pics are here,

http://captfiero.com/arlington2010gallery/

And I think a new record for towing a trailer, with a Fiero, 121mph. (195kph)

http://captfiero.com/videos/mycar/speedtest.wmv

P.S. even with all the playing around on the drive, I still managed to average 30.6 mpg. So I am really happy with my 88GT.

P.S. Steve where were you and Dave heading after the run, were you guys going up the highway with us, or did you have a place you were going?

P.P.S. The Picnic was amazing, thank you to all the Jet City Fiero guys for hosting it.

------------------

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
That was not Dave, it was my friend Jason driving my Blue Coupe. We were headed to his parent's house that was north a couple of exits.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Sorry I think I was too sunburnt yesterday, why did I think Dave had a Blue Fiero? I couldn't believe how thick traffic was going home last night. However the good news was everyone made it home, accident and ticket free. Thanks again for the wonderfull time, everyone in our club loved it and there are tons of people saying they can't wait for next year.

Here is the rough edit of the video I took.

The slightly longer video, please note that most of the footage was done one handed while trying to drive / shift / watch traffic and still get the camera angle 1/2 way the direction I was trying to shoot.

Its 30mb and 9.5mins long video is 320x240 res. If there is a desire I can put up a larger higher res version that is about 80mb at double the resolution.

I have not done any fancy transitions or music, just raw video.

http://captfiero.com/videos...lington2010video.wmv

------------------

PFF
System Bot
LZeppelin513

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Direct Link to This Post
Anyone else have any more pictures of the picnic? I wish i could have made it
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
No new pics, however I did post up a high res version of the gallery here, http://captfiero.com/arlington2010highresgallery/ for the people that wanted to print off some of the pics.

David

------------------

beken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bekenSend a Private Message to bekenDirect Link to This Post
sorry this is late.

a few more pictures from this year's picnic (2010) can be found here.

http://www.flickr.com/photo...s/72157624213019574/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock