Started on: 03-23-2010 09:53 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: mptighe on 12-28-2010 03:03 AM
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have the actual gauges that they sell, not the overlays? They proclaim to be made by "Revolution Gauges", though I've never heard of them. I'm pricing gauges right now, they're almost literally half the cost of Autometer Cobalt gauges, and I like them a lot better because they're not nearly as gaudy. I'm just curious if anybody has them so I can figure out if they're garbage or not. Their overlays seem to be of good quality and pretty well liked by most owners, but an entire gauge is a different story. Thanks for anybody's help!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at the cobalts a while back and someone here recommended the speedhuts. I'm not sure who it was, but they had them and certainly seemed pleased with them. Try searching..?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
They seem extremely well built...they're all electronic, microprocessor stepper-motor controlled, have anodized aluminum bezels and a carbon composite "body". They do have dual peak (min/max) warning LEDs, but no alarm (which I like), and they also do peak recall as well, if I'm interpreting the description correctly. Also, those gauges that require them include their own sensor. They seem like super high quality gauges...I just wasn't sure if anybody here had used them. They're much cheaper than the Cobalts, but at the same time more expensive than the "best" ProSports.

I did try to search, but 5 pages later I ended up with a million threads on the overlays and not the actual, standalone gauges.

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 03-23-2010).]

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they seem really nice. I think I'll be getting them. I tried, unsuccessfully, to find the thread where they were recommended to me. Sometimes the search function is a bit difficult to use. Sorry... Have you tried googling speedhut gauge reviews..?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Nothing on Google either. Anything I find about 'Speedhut Gauges" is about the overlays, and anything I find about 'Revolution Gauges" has to do with some music album review. Just curious to see if anybody here had used them.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
I have both the Speedhut Revolution gages *and* the gage face overlays in my 87' GT
White lettering on black background when off:

Cobalt Blue lettering on black background when lit:

Great quality, (USA made), and outstanding service from the people at Speedhut.
I can't say enough good things about them.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! I'm sold...

Yeah, I'm easy...
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I certainly trust randye's opinion, especially because that's kind of what I expected. Like I said, they look just too well built to suck, and the fact that they are made here in the USA makes it all the better. I have absolutely no problem paying a little extra for decent gauges, especially if I know they'll last awhile and I can get a full matching set which I can only do with the Autometers at over $1,500. I can get a similar setup from Speedhut for around $900, customized in my preference of color and they're not all adorned with "ricey" logos and other stupid looking crap. Awesome.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I absolutely agree. I'm gonna have 10 gauges total, so its gonna be a while...
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
I just got this email a week or so ago:

You might want to take advantage of the sale if you can.

Also,
If you want something "special" done to your gages, you can call Speedhut and talk to Wade.
Great guy and very helpful.
I had him add an "opening ceremony" where the needles sweep the full gage and then "set" each time they are turned on.
I had seen Prosport and Glow Shift gages do that, but I *hated* their cheaply made plastic bezels and their overall poor quality.
It was only about $10 per gage extra.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Thanks randye!
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post
Randye, I was wondering if you were still using the stock speedo and tach. I'm looking at upgrading mine and was trying to get some ideas.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
I am using all Speedhut gages now, including my speedo, tach and fuel level gage.
Couldn't be happier with them.
The stock cluster was modified as posted above in this thread, but was replaced with Speedhut Revolution gages. The stock cluster w/o temp gage is available. If you are interested shoot me a PM

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-28-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
OOPS, double post.
Using my phone.....

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-28-2010).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I'm going to be doing a firebird interior swap, and am planning on using aftermarket gauges. I really like the speed hut gauges from what I've seen so far. Quick question, since I haven't received the interior parts yet, anyone know the gauge sizes for e 96 firebird cluster or where to look it up? Much appreciated.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock