Started on: 03-18-2010 10:27 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: MstangsBware on 07-03-2010 12:27 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, at the end of last year I did a blowout sale on my brandX mounts and got rid of all of them. I have recently had some more interest in getting new sets in. I am now taking pre orders for more sets. I will be placing an order with my machine shop soon. If you order now I can get them shipped to your door for $325. Regular price is $350, once I get the units in hand. Let me know if you are interested, and I will hopefully have them in hand by the end of April. Plan for your spring/summer project now and save some money!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, I just wanted to give you a bump here first, then say hello... long time no ride.. Last time I saw you, I got to ride in the X machine.... Remember??? Tyler, Texas?? Just wanted to say hi since I am back.

------------------
SMTHGT.....

fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
The mounts will work for a 3800na correct?
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Count me in for a set!
Iam about to start my 3800SC swap soon, good timing.

Zach

PM Sent
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Ryan, I just wanted to give you a bump here first, then say hello... long time no ride.. Last time I saw you, I got to ride in the X machine.... Remember??? Tyler, Texas?? Just wanted to say hi since I am back.

Yup I remember that. Man the car is a lot faster now

Originally posted by fierofury:

The mounts will work for a 3800na correct?

Yes as long as its series II and between 1996 and 2003 and didnt come out of a bonneville or riviera. Grand Prix and Regal seem to be the most common, and although the bonneville and riviera's can be used, you have to buy a bunch of Grand Prix components to do your swap.

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 03-18-2010).]

ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTDirect Link to This Post
Will the mounts work on a 88? What is the difference in mounting a Series 2 and Series 3 engine?
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ILVMYGT:

Will the mounts work on a 88? What is the difference in mounting a Series 2 and Series 3 engine?

Yes, these will work perfect on an 88. They will mount on a series 3 engine the same, as long as you use a 65eHD from a series 2.
ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTDirect Link to This Post
Help me here, as I am new the engine swapping. What is a 65eHD? Is it a automatic transmission? I planned on using the Getrag 5 speed.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
With the getrag you can use the Fiero mounts on the transmission side, and all you will need is the mount for the block to cradle on the engine side. I am unsure if the brandX block side mount will work, as I have yet to do a getrag swap. I end up talking my customers into going automatic (65eHD) because most of them want to do mods down the road. The getrag is a good transmission for a driver car, making less than 300 crank hp, but for a car that sees the track its not a good idea. The getrags are getting to the age where they just cant handle the torque of the L67. Now I have heard from a customer of mine that has a low 11 second Ford Probe, the Probe guys are using the F40 transmission from the G6, and with some bronzed bushings, and some cryo treating are seeing 700 hp reliably. Pretty impressive.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
are these just the motor mounts? these are solid mounts too right? tranny mounts? if so, solid as well?

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
off topic x but i am looking for an xp hot cam, the 105 springs, double roller and machined cover...anything kicking around? tim
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

are these just the motor mounts? these are solid mounts too right? tranny mounts? if so, solid as well?

They are poly mounts with correct trans/engine mount to mount the 3800SC/65E....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock