Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Fiberglass is ALL NEW and up and running. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Fiberglass is ALL NEW and up and running. by JimmyS
Started on: 03-05-2010 01:52 AM
Replies: 55
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 05-09-2010 12:29 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by traderguy:

Jimmy does the tapered side molding attach like the stock molding or does it need to be molded in..Thanks Dan
GREAT SITE

They attach along the bottom edge just like the stock pieces do but there is a metal hanger bracket on the stock pieces and that get eliminated. They can also be glassed in if you wanted to but it is not necessary.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

The pieces of mesh I have are no where big enough for your bumper. The pieces are big enough to use on our side scoops and thats it.

Hell i might be up for switching out the side scoop mesh to. (overspray) Also Jimmy when it comes time to permenetley mount my 1/4 windows what would you recomend I use to mount them?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Hell i might be up for switching out the side scoop mesh to. (overspray) Also Jimmy when it comes time to permenetley mount my 1/4 windows what would you recomend I use to mount them?

Go to your local home depot or Lowes and buy the GE brand Black Silicone Adhesive. Don't get cheap and buy some off brand. Use the GE brand.
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
And don't use 3M tape!

Yes I'm still pissed about that... Need to order a new set soon *sigh*
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I used windshield urethane adhesive. Strongest stuff ever, and VERY sticky.

Blueiii

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
Snow is finally starting to clear out and I'm driving the Fiero again. I will try to get some more pictures to you for the site once I get them. Still a project in process, though. (Lack of time is my enemy!!)
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hang on folks !

A lot of cool stuff on the drawing board and in the works with Jimmy and crew !

Stay tuned.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just ordered and PayPal'ed $350 (Scoops, Mounting Holes, Cut Out and shipped) for the your GT Style #1 Side Scoops. I have had my eye on these for a long time, and was finally able to swing it.

I can't wait to get them, and get them installed!

This is as close as I get get to the color I am going to paint her with the color replace tool in Photoshop.

The next step is going to be replacing the front bumper with one of the noses available. I already have the tail lights almost done with corvette lenses inlaid.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-06-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ok, I just ordered and PayPal'ed $350 (Scoops, Mounting Holes, Cut Out and shipped) for the your GT Style #1 Side Scoops. I have had my eye on these for a long time, and was finally able to swing it.

I can't wait to get them, and get them installed!

This is as close as I get get to the color I am going to paint her with the color replace tool in Photoshop.

The next step is going to be replacing the front bumper with one of the noses available. I already have the tail lights almost done with corvette lenses inlaid.

HEY!!
Who painted my car while I wasn't looking??!!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Randye your siggy dont work ? hehehehe

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

HEY!!
Who painted my car while I wasn't looking??!!

Hahah I DID!

I LOVE your car man! The orange (the ORIGINAL color before I messed it up ) really shows off the lines well.... It is THE reason that I ordered the side scoops, after seeing how they looked on your car
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Hahah I DID!

I LOVE your car man! The orange (the ORIGINAL color before I messed it up ) really shows off the lines well.... It is THE reason that I ordered the side scoops, after seeing how they looked on your car

That blue looks good John.
If you're still in the planning stages, and you like the Lambo orange on my car but you want blue, maybe you should look at some the Lamborghini pearl blues.
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/paint.htm
There's just something about the paint formulations that Lamborghini uses that makes them stand out like no others.
Basically any of the Lamborghini colors that have "Mic" in the name are pearls.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-07-2010).]

Birddogg1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Birddogg1Send a Private Message to Birddogg1Direct Link to This Post
Very nice looking parts! Makes me wish I had a fastback. Good to see that people are still offering new parts to a group that seems to get overlooked by many aftermarket companies. Fieros are unique cars with a fanatic following that doesn't have much choice but to engineer and build their own upgrades out of necessity. I don't know how long you have been in the business but I wish you all the best with the business, especially in these uncertain economic times, and hope it rewards you well.

The site is user-friendly and the pics are clear enough, but I would like to see some pics of finished interior kits. The prices seem to be fair enough for the tedious work involved, and the parts all seem to fit the styling cues of the cars. I've seen bumpers that just look out of place on the cars, yours seem to flow. They look like they belong there. Great job! Will be bookmarking your site.
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spartan177:

not to bad. prices are a little steep though =[ cant afford anything lol

Great site, fairly priced, <COMPAIRED TO SOME>nice to see more choices out there.
maybe put menues on the tops of all pages. whiplash effect bouncing back to homepage to check each section.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I have added the navigation bars to all pages as requested.

I have also added a new product to the Lights & Lenses section and a new style Side Scoop (Cayman) to the Side Scoops section.

Let me know if you find any broken links or if the links take you to the wrong area.

Enjoy

Jim

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 05-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Jimmy i really like what you did with the taillight lenses... I think my green fiero is about due for one of your parts. Im going to check my local laws and see how much trouble i will get into if i use them. Than again if it foes ionto a classic vehical title they cant say anything about it. Ill let you know soon.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock