"Driven Visions" tail light panel? by Justin_J
Started on: 02-27-2010 06:11 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: jOES_MOM on 12-09-2010 10:46 PM
Justin_J

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_JClick Here to visit Justin_J's HomePageSend a Private Message to Justin_JDirect Link to This Post
So while looking on craigslist for a Fiero for my buddy (yes I got him addicted ) I ran across this add. While the car may not be exavtly what he's looking for, I myself was very intrigued by the tail light panel, actually i think it's freaking awesome and I want one lol. What do you guys know about Driven Visions? I did a google search and found nothing related to Fieros

Add: http://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/1596371136.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Joe, the owner of Driven Visions, died of cancer early in 2008. His business partners did fulfill the rest of the orders they had at the time of his death (including my order), and told me by phone that they intended to keep the business going....but, that doesn't seem to have happened. They seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. The link to their website that I had in my shortcuts went invalid quite some time ago.

He had some great parts....leaves me wondering what happened to his molds.
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that he is no longer around.

However, this panel would be perfect for my Convertible build. Is anyone selling one of these? Does anyone know where I may be able to find one? Great, now I won't be satisfied till I have one haha.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
If you like that style, Al Lindsey has a simmilar panel for sale as well as a really different one:
http://spacecoastfieros.com...ey/notchiestyle.html
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Go to Kahines fiberglass site. He might be able to fulfill your order. I know he had a setup like what your talking about for the notchback besides what he has for the fastback.

http://www.kahines.com/

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-27-2010).]

Justin_J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_JClick Here to visit Justin_J's HomePageSend a Private Message to Justin_JDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow, that's sad to hear about him dying. But thanks for the info guys, I really like that Al Lindsay panel, kinda sold on that now
Fanky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FankySend a Private Message to FankyDirect Link to This Post
I've got my gramps hooked on the idea of a 3800sc Fiero, and this one's right where he lives... I might have to let him know about it.
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
I didn't realize this thread was here, but stumbled across it today. Driven Visions was a great little business run by Joe Ophoven and his wife , Jenny O'Konek here in Duluth, Minnesota. They were neighbors of mine, living about 3 or four miles away (country neighbors). Joe had been battling cancer for several years, but always had the most upbeat personal outlook on things that I could imagine anyone having.
I used to stop by his shop and see what he was working on. Time passed, I kept driving by Driven Visions because my Fieros didn't need any work. Then there was a lot of remodeling and it looked
quite prosperous, shortly after that, a "closed" sign went up.
While going home from work one day, I saw Jenny out with their children loading things into a truck. She informed me that Joe had passed away several months earlier and she had been running the place herself, but couldn't make it. The building has since been sold. I don't know if what happened to anything else.
I hope all works out well for his family. They are really VERY nice people!
If there's anything I've learned from this it is: Don't wait to drop in on friends.

Rest in peace Joe!

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera, 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

drivenvisions

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drivenvisionsSend a Private Message to drivenvisionsDirect Link to This Post
HI! I am Joe's sister, Michelle. Yes, Jenny tried to run the business, but it just wasn't to be. She has Joes chopper gun and molds up for sale as well as his Fiero. If you are interested in the molds or chopper gun, you can email her at jenny.okonek@gmail.com . If you are interested in the car, you can message me. I have a post on the for sale forum as well.

Joe is missed and it's nice to know his legacy lives on.
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Hi Michelle!!
Welcome to the forum!
Yes, Joe is missed very much, by me, my two car-crazy kids and a whole bunch of other people around here.
Every time I drive by the old DrivenVisions building on Grand Avenue (which is almost daily) I can't help but thinking about Joe and Jenny and hoped everything is working out for Jenny and her family. I will drop her an email just to say hi.
As far as I know, there really is no Fiero group in the Duluth area since DrivenVisions left. The occasional one you see on the road is usually from out of town or from my collection. 88HolleyFormula is a UMD student, but is from Rochester. Aaron's is around...But Joe's bright green notchie used to be a familiar sight around here. He was a hard man to catch going down Highway 23!
I'd see him going home from work sometimes. About at the Fond Du Lac St.Louis River bridge he would pour the coal on and that little green car would shoot up one mile hill like it was flat. Once he got into the curves, there was no catching him. He must have been anxious to get home!
I'm sending you a PM with my contact information in case you or Jenny want to contact us.

Take Care!!
~~Dan aka GMplastic
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drivenvisions:

HI! I am Joe's sister, Michelle. Yes, Jenny tried to run the business, but it just wasn't to be. She has Joes chopper gun and molds up for sale as well as his Fiero. If you are interested in the molds or chopper gun, you can email her at jenny.okonek@gmail.com . If you are interested in the car, you can message me. I have a post on the for sale forum as well.

Joe is missed and it's nice to know his legacy lives on.

Joe made what I consdered the nicest looking light panel for the notchbacks. When I had made the decison to buy one, Joe had already succombed to his illness. Since you are on this forum why don't you consider buying Joes Fiero and joining in on the fun? Right now Fieros are hard to sell and it might be preferable to put it back on the road. While I didn't know Joe, the good things that we read about him here speak loads for his character. May he rest in peace.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
link is dead, anyone have pictures?
jOES_MOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jOES_MOMSend a Private Message to jOES_MOMDirect Link to This Post
Is there a way to post a picture here?
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
You can use PIP (link at the bottom of each page), but it isn't always easy to figure out for people that aren't computer savvy. If you want, you can email pics to me at cowspatoot at gmail dot com, and I would be happy to post them for you.
jOES_MOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jOES_MOMSend a Private Message to jOES_MOMDirect Link to This Post
Joe of Driven Visions with his Fiero. He is greatly missed.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock