Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  MY 308 ARRIVED IN BARCELONA TODAY,PIX !!!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

MY 308 ARRIVED IN BARCELONA TODAY,PIX !!!! by buger
Started on: 01-27-2010 05:31 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: USFiero on 05-28-2010 12:22 AM
buger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post
I received an email today from the new owner of my 1987 308 Mirage. The car was picked up Aug.6.2009. The new owner took delivery on Jan.26 2010 ! From LA, CA to Spain, Some 5228 nautical miles. It did not ARRIVE UNSCATHED !!! Here is what the new owner had to say about seeing my 308 for the first time in person !

"JJ!!!! Today the car got sevilla from barcelona!!!!

I can not believe it, A friend of mine who is the manager in mercedes shop rented a truck for the car to get here. I have sat on it 1 hour agoooo!!! It is so cool, better that I could imagine, very dusty but good condition,good paint job, good alloy wheels, good ferrari manufacturer stickers inside driverĀ“s door and front window!!!! good beige leather on the rear box, thanks...I ordered a new battery for her for tomorrow when I will pick her up.

The most important thing, NOBODY in this mercedes shop,neither my friend( the manager) or the mechanic who took the battery off noticed that it was a kit car.Incredible!!!

Tomorrow I will start her up, I hope everything is correct tomorrow.

If you remember something that I should know about whatever about the car tell me ok??Tomorrow I will take some pictures for you

Un abrazo!!!! "

Pix NEVER could capture the real beauty of my 308, Now he knows !!!!!

AUG.6.2009 PICK UP DATE

JAN.26.2010 ARRIVED IN BARCELONA

[This message has been edited by buger (edited 01-27-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Cool, it has the same wheels I had on mine. That was the one thing that always threw people. Kit cars usually have cheezy wheels. Mine even fooled the salesmen at the local Ferrari dealership the first few times they saw it. When you have wheels that look 'right' they overlook other things that give it away. Nice car. Shame they screwed up the front bumper, hope he has good luck finding a replacement.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-27-2010).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
another one over the "Pond".

seems like the "kits'' have recently been targeted for consfication over in Europe.
also, in the above post it is refered to as a "Mirage". do we mean Mera??
I have a 1987 Mera and i have been trying to track the '87 Mera build #'s so i can find out my
could be. Mine does not have a sticker it the "trunk".
is there any more info on this car you may wish to devulge?
if so please PM or something.
thanks in advance.
Daniel
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

another one over the "Pond".

seems like the "kits'' have recently been targeted for consfication over in Europe.
also, in the above post it is refered to as a "Mirage". do we mean Mera??
I have a 1987 Mera and i have been trying to track the '87 Mera build #'s so i can find out my
could be. Mine does not have a sticker it the "trunk".
is there any more info on this car you may wish to devulge?
if so please PM or something.
thanks in advance.
Daniel

According to the paperwork i have on the 308. The body was made by Mirage then shipped to I.R.M for install and paint in 1997 if i remember right.I sent all the paperwork to the new owner.
Here is a link to my 308 site of this car with info there,If you want to have a look.

http://mirage308.yolasite.com/

buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

buger

165 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Cool, it has the same wheels I had on mine. That was the one thing that always threw people. Kit cars usually have cheezy wheels. Mine even fooled the salesmen at the local Ferrari dealership the first few times they saw it. When you have wheels that look 'right' they overlook other things that give it away. Nice car. Shame they screwed up the front bumper, hope he has good luck finding a replacement.

I agree! with this car it was the paint & wheels that thru people off it was blinding red !!! and not Roso red. (how ever u spell that) I dont kno what color red it was but man it was something!!!! As far as the front bumper i will send a link for Rodneys euro front bumper, send some biz his way. That may be his only option for replacement!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Lots of Fieros crossing the Atlantic Ocean lately... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077235.html
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by buger:

According to the paperwork i have on the 308. The body was made by Mirage then shipped to I.R.M for install and paint in 1997 if i remember right.I sent all the paperwork to the new owner.
Here is a link to my 308 site of this car with info there,If you want to have a look.

http://mirage308.yolasite.com/

right on, thanks. i will check this out.
Dan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Lots of Fieros crossing the Atlantic Ocean lately... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077235.html

mines staying here.
they sure look alike tho.
later
Dan
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

My car sat at Long Beach Port for two months b-4 it was loaded on the barge for Spain! Wow, the red tape one must go thru to ship a car!!! The yellowstone Fiero looks right at home in FL, Beautiful Fiero!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Not really, just takes planning. I had everything figured out and in order. Took the Fiero to the harbor in Germany and it was loaded into a container right away while I was still there. A few days later it was loaded onto the ship and arrived in Miami in less than two weeks. It took me 4 days to clear customs and drive off with the car.

But I DID do quite a bit of research first and (almost) knew what I was doing.

My car sat at Long Beach Port for two months b-4 it was loaded on the barge for Spain! Wow, the red tape one must go thru to ship a car!!! The yellowstone Fiero looks right at home in FL, Beautiful Fiero!

DefEddie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post

I agree! with this car it was the paint & wheels that thru people off it was blinding red !!! and not Roso red. (how ever u spell that) I dont kno what color red it was but man it was something!!!! As far as the front bumper i will send a link for Rodneys euro front bumper, send some biz his way. That may be his only option for replacement!

Mike over in oklahoma has Mera molds also,I believe everything to do a whole car so he might have bumpers??
Another option if rodney doesn't.
PFF
System Bot
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DefEddie:
Mike over in oklahoma has Mera molds also,I believe everything to do a whole car so he might have bumpers??
Another option if rodney doesn't.

Hey, do u have any contact info on Mike and the Mera molds? The insurance is going to replace the bumper so he needs one asap THX !!!

buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

mines staying here.
they sure look alike tho.
later
Dan

very nice 308 u have ! Other than the wheels and the side marker lites the two 308's look very much alike !

buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

buger

165 posts
Member since Jun 2006
I've been looking around and i've been finding a lot of 1987 Mera's. Is there such a thing as an authentic numbered 1987 Mera?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Hey, do u have any contact info on Mike and the Mera molds? The insurance is going to replace the bumper so he needs one asap THX !!!

hey, 'sup all?
if you want to get a hold of Mike from OK, go to the Mera in Paradise thread
and look up Mera7.
thats him.
but i do not think he has the bumper, its been awhile, so he may have it by now.
as far as i know Rodney Dickman has a 308 like bumper with the recessed lights in it.
you can look him up on the "Paradise Mera" thread also.
Later,
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-30-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

I've been looking around and i've been finding a lot of 1987 Mera's. Is there such a thing as an authentic numbered 1987 Mera?

yes and no.
according to Rodney Dickman, the leading authority of all things Mera.
He says that the Early Meras may not have had a build sticker.
Mera7 (Mike) has a early prod. Fiero with a late numbered Mera (#7071) and a sticker.
so this is backed up by this fact.
ohhh yeah.....Only 88 Meras were built for the '87 run.

would you care to share some of your 1987 Mera data and/or links to sites.
I am trying to track '87 Meras only. so i can find the undocumented/missing Meras out there
by sequence elimination.

My car is a early production Fiero, less than 1500 cars away from Mera7's
and NO sticker. so hopefully i have a very early Mera in my garage.
C- ya,
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-29-2010).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

very nice 308 u have ! Other than the wheels and the side marker lites the two 308's look very much alike !

you know? this got me thinking.
you have any close up pics of the rear half ?
from the roof down to the rear 1/4 panel to the ground.
also was your rear end panels all one wraparound piece or 2 ?
1 piece triangles roof piece
and 2 rear end and lower 1/4 panel sides?

or do you believe your old car could have been what is called a "splashoff"
kit? i ask this because they do look so close to each other.
anyway i am gonna post this and see if it makes sence?
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-29-2010).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello all....

yes this is mike in oklahoma, mera7. i have all of the molds for mera's with the exception of the headlight covers. i have front and rear bumper molds, front clip mold, rear clip mold, door molds, roof spoiler mold, rear qtr molds, new nos mera taillights and turnsignals, correct part number vitaloni power mirrors.... so on. i can make every piece of the car currently except the headlight covers.

thanks, mike
ps dan, i been laying low in pro monster truck land lately lol
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

you know? this got me thinking.
you have any close up pics of the rear half ?
from the roof down to the rear 1/4 panel to the ground.
also was your rear end panels all one wraparound piece or 2 ?
1 piece triangles roof piece
and 2 rear end and lower 1/4 panel sides?

or do you believe your old car could have been what is called a "splashoff"
kit? i ask this because they do look so close to each other.
anyway i am gonna post this and see if it makes sence?
Dan

I have these pix, Hope this helps! I do kno 4-sure the rear tail lite section and two fenders is one wraparound clip. The sail & roof is a separate clip bolted to the side fenders. The two quarter louvers are also separate. The tailpipe section i think is part of the wraparound rear clip, Not real sure about that! Thx for all this info! It will be helpful when i look for another car down the road!!!

buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

hello all....

yes this is mike in oklahoma, mera7. i have all of the molds for mera's with the exception of the headlight covers. i have front and rear bumper molds, front clip mold, rear clip mold, door molds, roof spoiler mold, rear qtr molds, new nos mera taillights and turnsignals, correct part number vitaloni power mirrors.... so on. i can make every piece of the car currently except the headlight covers.

thanks, mike
ps dan, i been laying low in pro monster truck land lately lol

Hey Mike! Thx for your reply!!! i have only one question. Do you have the rear deck lid aluminum grill, front nose grill, and any of the hardware to mount the kit? Thx again!!!!!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
'sup y'all??
that car is/was nice.
thanks for the pics.
looks so close, esp. the 2 piece rear.
panel wise anyway. the mirror delete and the red ??plastic?? rear trunk panel is sure
to be a subsitute/repair.
its gone far away tho.
you know?
seems like all Mera/308 any things in the US just got that more valuable.
thanks. i need a nother cup o joe. bee back in a minute...
Dan
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
speaking of rear deck lid.
that 308 of yours had the correct lid/fender notch..
some replica -non Mera kits have a straight trunk lid. Boosh!
say?....i have a link to a Archie thread about the rear alum. eng. grill. somewhere...humm.
and i thought Mr. Dickman had a 3 slat replacement for the org 2 slat if damaged also.
but again i left Mike hanging.....sorry M.

laying low....like Mera-007...
i tryed and failed. whoops...
hows our little #7071?
back to the surf...
Dan

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

did you notice any body filler added to the rear area where the Mera white back up lights are here?

also if this car did not have them marker lights cut out, it may be the signs of a "splash kit"
thats just .02 cents of the table though.
back in,
Dan

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
YES THE REAR ALUMINUM GRILL SECTION IS 1250.00 AND THE FRONT IS 500.00. THANKS, MIKE IN OKLAHOMA
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

did you notice any body filler added to the rear area where the Mera white back up lights are here?

also if this car did not have them marker lights cut out, it may be the signs of a "splash kit"
thats just .02 cents of the table though.
back in,
Dan

This trunk access panel is actually made of steel or aluminum, It's kinda thick! It is held on with 9 sheet metal screws and was painted along with the car. I never saw any kind of fiberglass patch inside covering where the Mera back up lites would have been. If it was patched inside, they fiber glassed the full length of the (lp) section fender to fender. I'ts probably a "splash kit" but you guy's are the experts!!! THX for everything!!!!!

[This message has been edited by buger (edited 01-30-2010).]

buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerDirect Link to This Post

buger

165 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Originally posted by mera7:

YES THE REAR ALUMINUM GRILL SECTION IS 1250.00 AND THE FRONT IS 500.00. THANKS, MIKE IN OKLAHOMA

Mike thx! I appreciate all the info and pricing you gave me. Im hopeful i can have you make me off a full body kit! (down the road a bit) Thx again....
328 mera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraDirect Link to This Post
such nice wheels;
the best wheels 'ive ever seen on a ferrari replica.

I want them!
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I love Barcelona, too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock