NEW CLUB IN MD!!! by grkboy707
Started on: 01-26-2010 05:18 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Fierology on 08-15-2010 01:12 PM
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm finally going to make a Fiero Club in the Baltimore area, and was wondering if anyone would be interested. I have a few guys that are interested, but we could always use some more If you have any interest AT ALL, or suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Greg
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I could also use some help on the name. Heres what I've got
1. MD Fiero Club
2. Mid-engine Club of MD (to include MR2's and whatnot)
3. Other?

[This message has been edited by grkboy707 (edited 01-26-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Id be interested in joining but i wouldent be able to make it to a lot of the meets. (distance and the muncy 4 Speed dont mix to well) but put me in.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Im out here in western md bit of a trek same as Pk86 is in distance and a 4 speed muncie.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 01-26-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Baltimore is not far from College Park, and my Fiero should be home before too long.
PM me if you get something together. I have no time to help organize though, sorry. :/
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Baltimore is not far from College Park, and my Fiero should be home before too long.
PM me if you get something together. I have no time to help organize though, sorry. :/

I wasn't planning on having too much organization. It would be more of a group of enthusiests; as in no president and heirarchy and whatnot. In my opinion, that's what a club should be
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Some clubs utilize a state landmark or slogan for their club names. For example, our club here in Colorado is called Mile High Fieros because the local elevation is 5281 feet. I like Maryland Fieros, or MD Fiero Club.

Good look!
Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Some clubs utilize a state landmark or slogan for their club names. For example, our club here in Colorado is called Mile High Fieros because the local elevation is 5281 feet. I like Maryland Fieros, or MD Fiero Club.

Good look!

How about the Crabby Fiero Club? With pictures of a blue crab, of course.
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
You should go for it, your club might start out small ours did. We have a good sized club now but at first we were just a few meeting at a local mall.
You could just go with the MDFC you can start out just meeting and going for a cruise or two this summer, maybe do a few car shows or have a picnic, but get together and just hang out it can be fun.

Good luck,
Christine
http://www.milehighfieros.com/
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

You should go for it, your club might start out small ours did. We have a good sized club now but at first we were just a few meeting at a local mall.
You could just go with the MDFC you can start out just meeting and going for a cruise or two this summer, maybe do a few car shows or have a picnic, but get together and just hang out it can be fun.

Good luck,
Christine
http://www.milehighfieros.com/

Thats exactly what I was planning! Thanks for the success story!
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
charm city fiero club? CCFC!
PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
you might be able to get the guys form Chesapeake Fieros to join up. http://chesapeakefiero.8.forumer.com/

but they haven't been active on the car scene lately.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
You might as well include me. It's not much more mileage to B-More than what I travel to visit the r-tards up in PA.
Miker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikerSend a Private Message to MikerDirect Link to This Post
You can count me in. I live over in Edgewood. I would love to join a group closer to where I live.

I had joined Chesapeake Fieros when they first started but most of their activities were down in Southern Maryland and I didn't have a running Fiero at the time. At least the one I have now runs and has plates but it needs some more help.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
There already is a club in this area but I guess it is old fashion with a President and over 150 members. Our club this year will be giving discounts for the POCI show in May and the GM Nationals. Join MAFOA come see our web site at www.MAFOA.com

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

There already is a club in this area but I guess it is old fashion with a President and over 150 members. Our club this year will be giving discounts for the POCI show in May and the GM Nationals. Join MAFOA come see our web site at www.MAFOA.com

I thought about that, but I'm not a big fan of those kinds of clubs... I would like less than 30 members, no dues, no hierarchy, etc. Plus, MAFOA covers too broad of an area.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I thought about that, but I'm not a big fan of those kinds of clubs... I would like less than 30 members, no dues, no hierarchy, etc. Plus, MAFOA covers too broad of an area.

Sooooo.....
Why not convince your neighbors or friends (who live in your own neighborhood) to all get Fieros? That sounds like the club that you're looking for.
Otherwise, you might consider getting your friends (assuming they are into cars) together and starting your club as just a CAR club, instead of a FIERO club

Just some suggestions.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
You could always do like me....I currently own 4 1/3 Fieros. I think I could qualify for my own club.
Dave

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT 3800s/c, 1986 SE with a VW VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com
www.hausofguru.com

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
Our club might cover a large area, but the shows are fairly close to you within 60 miles and you will never go to a bigger show than the GM Nationals. Plus our news letter features alot of people in it, Could even be your car! Just ask PontiacKid he will tell you what kind of club we really are. Last how do know how a club is ran unless you have attended any of the events. We are a club solely for the Fiero owner and we promote the car. We have members of all ages and have been around longer than any other club on the East coast. So before you develope an opinion why don't you come to an event and see what you are missing! Don't just go on my word feel free to ask around. So what is heirarchy about our club? Inquiring minds want to know!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

Our club might cover a large area, but the shows are fairly close to you within 60 miles and you will never go to a bigger show than the GM Nationals. Plus our news letter features alot of people in it, Could even be your car! Just ask PontiacKid he will tell you what kind of club we really are. Last how do know how a club is ran unless you have attended any of the events. We are a club solely for the Fiero owner and we promote the car. We have members of all ages and have been around longer than any other club on the East coast. So before you develope an opinion why don't you come to an event and see what you are missing! Don't just go on my word feel free to ask around. So what is heirarchy about our club? Inquiring minds want to know!

DITTO!!!!

my muncie 4 speed is workin just fine... have faith in your car!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Good evening ---- I the past a few of us VA DC MD & PA / N J have had a get together in the winter called FIERO (freezing in every random orifice) Check out the post on this page by Marine Fiero (I'm Back) and maybe we can pull things together and meet up to discuss the sickness that is fiero ownership. I live in the fredericksburg va area and I know haw difficult it is to try and get a group of owners together. I'm up for anything weather permitting. Name the place and time.
Steve
PFF
System Bot
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Ya'll been doing anything lately?
I finally, after 3 years, have a running, almost legal Fiero. I'll be away at school until the wintertime, but I'll be back in the Winter and then next summer. I hope we have some event going on then.

-Michael
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I wont be drivin a Fiero for another year and a half at least However, I do have a Fiero emblem on my VW, so I think I can still hang out with you guys
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Of course, man! Are you fixing her up and she's just out of commission? I went to the first Freezing In Every Random Orifice the first time around and had to be dropped off because my Fiero was back home in the garage!

-Michael

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock