Started on: 12-30-2009 07:30 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Synthesis on 12-27-2010 12:11 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

Fieroflyer hit it right on the head. I had the exact issues he described above and it didn't start to happen until a few weeks later when things have time to corrode just that little bit. The hotter the day was the more noticeable the problem was, although my starter was old it didn't start to go into failure until i did the battery relocation, and then about Three weeks later the above problems started. Changing the starter helped a bit but i only lessened the frequency slightly. I went to 2 gauge cable and dual grounds one to the front chassis and one to the block not even a hint of a problem now. The heat issue is not with the cable getting hot from cranking but when the engine is the increased load on the starter means it needs to draw more current and with too small of a cable your boned until the car cools off enough. Just trying to help you avoid headaches down the road pun intended.

I understand this...
Technically, if a 4g can start a car in 20 below weather with no issues whatsoever, in a car that is driven on salt, corrosion and a VERY tight engine are both factors... Worse than a hot engine and a weak starter.

My point is, with the math, there is plenty of load capability to start a car.
Also, if you are cranking and cranking and cranking your car trying to get it to start, you have other issues you need to address.

I simply want to provide a good product for the community. If everyone wants 2g, then I can do it. But it won't be for under 125.

So, again, if you need 4g power cable for an amplifier or whatnot, get ahold of me. I can't afford to sit on 500 bucks worth of supplies.
IP: Logged
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I understand this...
Technically, if a 4g can start a car in 20 below weather with no issues whatsoever, in a car that is driven on salt, corrosion and a VERY tight engine are both factors... Worse than a hot engine and a weak starter.

My point is, with the math, there is plenty of load capability to start a car.
Also, if you are cranking and cranking and cranking your car trying to get it to start, you have other issues you need to address.

I simply want to provide a good product for the community. If everyone wants 2g, then I can do it. But it won't be for under 125.

So, again, if you need 4g power cable for an amplifier or whatnot, get ahold of me. I can't afford to sit on 500 bucks worth of supplies.

What I'd suggest is that since you already have supplies and cable, make 4g kits, but also offer a 2g kit upgrade. People who trust 4g or want to save a few bucks will buy them. People who have money and want the added security can buy the 2g cable.

Wouldn't life be much simpler if they made 3g cable?
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't trying to give you grief Synthesis. I was simply stating what happened on my own install. I have no doubt that the 4 gauge will work well for most owners, and that your product will be of an outstanding quality, i have your tier Three harness and its working exceptionally well, and installed easily. Cold weather starting is more a condition of battery strength vs resistance which drops in cold conditions within reason. Slower moving molecules of metal within the cable allow for greater electron flow. Heat increases the resistance inversely to the decrees in resistance in cold conditions. The hotter the conditions the greater the resistance and therefor the need for a greater diameter to overcome the greater resistance. Larger cable more metal for the electrons to flow through.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 02-05-2010).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Did you get my PM? I am interested in some of that 4G wire for my VR-4 project...about 20 ft or so, maybe more...gotta measure some things out first...

Multiple colors I assume (red and black)?
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Are these kits still available? Particularly the 4g ones?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Finale:

Are these kits still available? Particularly the 4g ones?

They will be as soon as I get additional battery cable spools. Waiting on funding to get back into the black.
No ETA, but hoping before the end of February. I am also working on the new round of Mark II buckets, which is part of what is eating funds for cables/harnesses.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock