Photoshop widebody lets go mad by pistonbroke
Started on: 12-20-2009 06:14 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Boogaloo on 10-21-2010 12:05 PM
pistonbroke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
I've been following Northeastfiero thread

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077350.html

and thought it would be fun for you guys to go mad with photoshop and come up with some widebody ideas that can be done with PU foam. I have been planning to do a similar job on my 84 Notchie however I'm pretty rubbish at photoshop. It would probably take me longer to learn the program than to carry out the modifications.

see the pics for inspiration a crazy Lithuanian has modified a Merc

[This message has been edited by pistonbroke (edited 12-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
Aaaah stuggling with pip again. he're the URL fot the pictures http://englishrussia.com/?p=1949
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
It looks a bit odd in the rear and I'm disgusted by the 200 pounds of foam added to the car, but it looks pretty good otherwise
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
True, either love it or hate it you can't deny he is good though. I just posted it to show that anything is possible
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

It looks a bit odd in the rear and I'm disgusted by the 200 pounds of foam added to the car, but it looks pretty good otherwise

Did he leave the foam in it? It wouldn't be that hard to dissolve it after putting on the first layer.
Isn't that what most builders do? Build up the foam then put the first layer of glass on with mounting points then remove it and remove the foam so you can build up the back side of the new panel.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
You have a point Jake, to be honest i don't know. How heavy can all that foam be? Surely not that much.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.

That thing is not so aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
He did a BMW 640i and was a lot more conservative

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
wow im glad you posted the rest of the pictures from that build. i am impressed at what he did! hate it or love it he has a lot of skillz.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pistonbroke:

He did a BMW 640i and was a lot more conservative

Conservative some what, but the designer should have left out the aggressive side vents and just extended the body outward; after all- it's a front engine car; that would've been conservative if they left out the Porsche like side vents. One of the good things I like over-all about the car.... it lacks the "replica" look. As for some Fiero owners they can't seem to separate themselves for following well known cars or at least iconic theme pieces. The end result... they lack originality. It either comes down to it being;

1. A Ferrari
2. A Lamborghini, or
3. Lotus.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
A wide body that I'd like to see is a Fiero wide body, but the fastback (windows) aren't widened. They remain in the stock location so that there is a wide shoulder on either side.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
He definitely has skill with design, but all of that foam and the 50" wheels really gay it out.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:
Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.
That thing is not so aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:
He definitely has skill with design, but all of that foam and the 50" wheels really gay it out.

One nicely built, fugly car.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post

A wide body that I'd like to see is a Fiero wide body, but the fastback (windows) aren't widened. They remain in the stock location so that there is a wide shoulder on either side.

That is what I need, and Madcurl is right. No offence to you Ferrari guys I'm just not keen on turning a Fiero into something that it's not. I do like some of the design aspects like the F430 tail lights and the Gallardo headlights but to put some originality into it.

I think the Saleen Raptor has a gorgeous shape and those big hips..... Whoa!

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
There are no pics of the engine. Is it an all show no go?
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
I think it was based on a standard Merc running gear. The guy is a coachbuilder in Lithuania so I doubt he did anything to the engine. I have driven on the roads over there and to say some of them are rough... well I'm sure you would need a kidney belt to keep your insides from spilling out
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
not my cup of tea on the looks but he has skill , nice job at building it !
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Man that guy loves some polyurethane doesn't he? I am very impressed at how he did that. the first picture I saw I about laughed my butt off, then I saw his progress... WOW!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
What is the deal with the wagon wheels? Ever heard of proportion?
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Here's a PS I made a little while back. I don't know how hard it would be to do with foam, but anything's possible.

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pistonbroke:

HA, the same taillights my Fiero will have soon!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 10-20-2010).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Is this what you mean?

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
That is exactley what i want to do with a fiero someday. Take it down to grame and design my own body on one with fiberglass. talk about awsome.... Now on the topic of widebody's......
Let me contribute mine.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Now on the topic of widebody's......
Let me contribute mine.

For a second, I thought you were going to post a pic of yourself in a bikini...

I need sleep.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

For a second, I thought you were going to post a pic of yourself in a bikini...

I need sleep.

...... I dont swing that way buddy what are you thinkin lol

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

...... I dont swing that way buddy what are you thinkin lol

I don't either... just saw you mention your widebody.

maybe that was a bit too far
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I don't either... just saw you mention your widebody.

maybe that was a bit too far

Lol no problem buddy no problem.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if did glass over the Foam or use it to make a mold ? but rrationally thinking if he didn't there wouls be a big void between the inner and outer skin ........hmmmm.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock