3800 SC Series II by Brimmy
Started on: 12-08-2009 09:01 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: RotrexFiero on 11-30-2010 09:00 AM
Brimmy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrimmyClick Here to Email BrimmySend a Private Message to BrimmyDirect Link to This Post
Just getting a budget sort idea for a 3800.
I have been quoted prices from $500 - $1000 for the engine & computer.
Are they reasonable prices or should I keep shopping around ??

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageClick Here to Email Mr.PBodySend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
How many miles?
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezClick Here to Email Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Are they offering any guarantee ? If so, since it will usually be past the guarantee period when you get it running in your car. Rent a compression tester and check it right away so you can take it back if its bad.

I got mine for $1400 complete wiring PCM and acessories with 40,000 miles in 2003

------------------
Mike
'86 Fiero 3800 supercharged '86 Fiero SE original
'85 Fiero SE '85 Fiero GT
'84 Fiero SE '84 Fiero Base coupe

GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
And are they complete? Uncut harness, all accessories and is there a warranty?
Chump

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageClick Here to Email ChumpSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post
I bought an 80,000 mile one with computer and wiring for $900.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageClick Here to Email cornersonrailsSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I would keep looking a little. How I got mine was I heard of towing companies who get the police inpounds after an accident. The insurance companies in some cases right the car off and the towing company auctions them off. You do not get a title but you get a bill of sale and when your done stripping the car of everything you want they will come get it for free. I found a 1996 Bonneville on Ebay. I was the winning bidder at $500.00. I towed it home and took the computer , trans and motor. Then I sold seats and a bunch of other stuff and basically got everything for free. Also a bonus to doing it this way is you know the motor runs and everything works. I would start by calling the local police department and see who they call to tow a car away and then go talk to them. Hope it helps. Chris
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
How is your 3800 project coming along? Any pics?
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Do what I did...purchase the whole car. Post on craigslist and see what you get. I just saw a guy here posting a 3800 in the car with a bad transmission. This way you can hear the engine run, check for codes, and then remove everything you need. Kinda messy at first but it will save you money in the end. All the little parts can cost a fortune.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock