Can't access the Fiero Club I own! by PK
Started on: 11-24-2009 12:13 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Australian on 08-27-2010 05:15 AM
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
The Trampboy has been "looking after" the UK Fiero owners Club since I have only had very sporadic internet access over the past few years.

After managing to lose our website (the domain got bought by someone else) it was just a forum only, without the other bits and bobs....guess they are lost! Now it has moved again from here http://ccgi.binna.plus.com/phpBB2/ to here www.fieroforumuk.boardoo.com/ ......which I am unable to access at all! If I try and connect it just times out and goes to the "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" page. Weird thing is I am positive it worked once....but only once and has not worked since. The Tramp is certain that the forum is up and functioning so I guess its some setting or something on my PC. Does it work for any of you lot, would be grateful if someone could check.

Also any advice on starting again from scratch? I can cope with registering a domain name but what is the next step? I need a host or something? Tramp has been dealing with all that but quite frankly he is not very reliable (I can say that as he's my mate)...he will tell you its because I'm annoying but that just isn't true.

Thanks for any advice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I am able to get to the forum ok....sounds like a DNS issue or possible bad cookies or temporary internet files. You may want to do the following to clear the Cache and Cookies, if you're using windows:
How to clear COOKIES and TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES

COOKIES:
1. Right click on the START button
2. Left click on EXPLORE
3. In the Windows Explorer window, on the left side click on the Cookies folder.
4. Left click anywhere in the RIGHT window
5. Do CTRL-A (this will hightlight all of the files in the right window)
6. Hold the CTRL key down and click on the INDEX.DAT file to unhighlight it.
7. Hold the SHIFT key down and then press the DELETE key, click yes on the
pop-up to delete all of the files.
8. Double click on the INDEX.DAT file
9. Select "Open With", then "Select from a List" and click OK
10. Open with Notepad, Do CTRL-A
11. Hit the Space Bar
12. Click on FILE at the top, then click "Save As"
13. In the 'FILE TYPE' window, change the setting from .txt Text Document
to 'ALL FILES'
14. Click Save, then Click YES to replace the file that is already there.
15. Close the Window

TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES
1. Right click on the START button
2. Left click on EXPLORE
3. In the Windows Explorer window, on the left side click on Local Settings
(If Local Settings isn't there, Click on TOOLS at the top of the page,
then click on FOLDER OPTIONS, then click View tab , click on the Radio
Button next to SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS, then click APPLY and OK -
the Local Settings folder will be in the left side of the screen.)
4. Click on the TEMPORARY INTERNET Files folder
5. If there is a folder Content IE5, click on it once, then delete the folders
in the right side.
6. If there is no Content IE5 folder, just click anywhere in the right side.
7. Do CTRL-A
8. Hold the SHIFT key down and press the DELETE key on the keyboard. Once the
files are deleted, close the Windows Explorer window.

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that. I have followed the destructions for the Temp Internet Files but I cant find a "cookies" folder.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
it is usually there under the profile that you are logged in on. if it's not, deleting the cookies from the temporary internet files should clear them also.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I deleted all of the Temp Internet Files and still it doesn't work. I have recently changed AVG to V9....wonder if that has anything to do with it! Seems odd because everything else works fine.

EDIT: tried a diff PC in the house with diff settings and that does not work either!

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 11-24-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Hi PK, I am able to reach it also no problem. Sorry I don't have any ideas on how to help you.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Hehe thanks F.Fan at least I know its there. Just that I cant visit.....bit of a problem.

Have just tried http://www.boardoo.com/ and that won't load either. So it seems its the entire website where Tramp has dumped the forum that it objects to.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Can you get to any sites in the internet?
Try going to my webpage... http://www.fierocountry.us
if you can't get there, or get to your email, the issue will be with your ISP.....
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
That page works fine Larini! My email also works fine. Every other website seems to work fine. Anything related to the boardoo site wont load. I tried searching google for "boardoo page wont load" but didnt find anything particularly useful.

chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackDirect Link to This Post
try a different browser, sometimes it's something as stupid as that, firefox is free and i think there is a windows version of safari for free also, (firefox is better thought)
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post
Is the forum still up? I can't get a confirmation when I try to register

Sent you an email PK.

Regards, Gordon
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
It looks like board.com is based in the USA. It will probably start working once the dns changes are propagated to your ISP.

Give it a few days some times it can take up to 3 days for changes to sync up.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 08-25-2010).]

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Hey Gandalf,

Got your message. Yes the forum is still there but very very quiet!

Cheers
PK
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have a tip for you buy your domain at http://godaddy.com or http://www.enomcentral.com. Most people that offer hosting offer free domain name and there is no such thing. A free domain name means they buy the name and lock you into the deal or offer to sell you back your domain that you dreamed up at a heavily inflated price. If you wish to own the domain then buy from godaddy hosting is cheap as chips these days so shouldn't be hard to find a host but do not take up their so called free domain offer.

Give up on the old site and host your own on your own domain there is one touch install bulletin boards these days you don't need to know cgi-bin, pearl, telnet, databases or anything with many servers just click on the link.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

"Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" page.
Thanks for any advice.

Dump Internet Explorer. Get Firefox.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Dump Internet Explorer. Get Firefox.

Explorer sucks but it is crucial that a web page works with it as your visitors may not know about other browsers.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock