Started on: 11-20-2009 03:18 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Kaleb on 07-25-2010 07:42 PM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Is Norm still around?? His web site www.normsfiberglass.com seems dead. The last entry from him on PFF was January-February 2009.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Direct Link to This Post
I've been waiting on my front clip for 14 months, last time I talked to him was two weeks ago and this time the excuse was he is too broke to buy the Hella lamps to ship my clip.

Not a happy camper.

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
I don't know his last entry, but I do know he has posted more recent than that.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...6/HTML/060802-2.html
He is still a SEMA member and was at the show last year. He may have went this year.

Vendors have been dropping off like flies lately.

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

Goals in Life:
1. Get Married..........Check!
2. Build Dream Car..........Check!
3. Get Wife to Come Back...

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Vendors have been dropping off like flies lately.

The economy. Less people can afford to buy stuff for their cars...

Heck, Pontiac ITSELF is history...

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
He is posting over here
http://www.madmechanics.com

Be nice remember its not his forum.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-20-2009).]

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ccfiero350:

I've been waiting on my front clip for 14 months, last time I talked to him was two weeks ago and this time the excuse was he is too broke to buy the Hella lamps to ship my clip.

Not a happy camper.

Hmmm yes last time I spoke to you I gave you the infomation for sending the Hella lights to me as thats all thats left to complete your clip. Im not proud of the fact that I dont enough money to buy them thats just a fact im barely hanging in here. You asked for additional custom work done on your clip that is not standard, I sent you pictures of the progress of the additional work and you didnt care for the first set so we made the changes that you wanted. Plus I had to make molds off your fenders that you sent me then make parts. Could Ihave faster maybe all it takes is a better cash flow which just wasnt coming in. I told you that I wasnt even chargeing you for the additional labor because of the time delay, so Im waiting for the lights when they come in, Then its ready to ship. Ive never had any of my customers not get a part that they ordered maybe not always lightening fast for example the Flushmount headlights they are just too labor intensive and Im not going to build them anymore. Any way Im sorry for the delay cant make you any better deal than that. Thanks Norm 574-255-7843
LuckyStrike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyStrikeSend a Private Message to LuckyStrikeDirect Link to This Post
Norm pm sent!
normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello for what ever reason, Im sure its something on my computer I cant login for PMs though if I post. I can log in on the post page. Four nights ago I went somewhere in Cyberspace that I shouldnt have and got severe POP UPs and took me a couple of hours running spyware to at least be able to use my PC. For example I cant get to my Pal Pal account on my PC as it wont remember me, but I went to my sons house and used his and was able to access my Pay Pal there. Thanks Norm 574-255-7843

[This message has been edited by normsf (edited 11-22-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hmmm yes last time I spoke to you I gave you the infomation for sending the Hella lights to me as thats all thats left to complete your clip. Im not proud of the fact that I dont enough money to buy them thats just a fact im barely hanging in here. You asked for additional custom work done on your clip that is not standard, I sent you pictures of the progress of the additional work and you didnt care for the first set so we made the changes that you wanted. Plus I had to make molds off your fenders that you sent me then make parts. Could Ihave faster maybe all it takes is a better cash flow which just wasnt coming in. I told you that I wasnt even chargeing you for the additional labor because of the time delay, so Im waiting for the lights when they come in, Then its ready to ship. Ive never had any of my customers not get a part that they ordered maybe not always lightening fast for example the Flushmount headlights they are just too labor intensive and Im not going to build them anymore. Any way Im sorry for the delay cant make you any better deal than that. Thanks Norm 574-255-7843

Hang in there Norm. Times are really tough for everybody right now. Hoping things pick up for you.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post

I have good things to say about Norm's work. I hope we don't lose him as a vendor and enthusiast. Fiberglass work is not the most profitable business and people don't realize how much labor actually goes into it. I have a high respect for anyone that does it.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have had several parts made for my Solstice by Norm and I have been more than pleased.

The fit an finish were fantastic, and they bolted right up with no modifications.

I had my Sostice at the dealer recently and they service manager told me the owner of the dealer commented on the custom parts saying "that is what they should have done at the factory."

Norm: Did you get my PM on the Solstice forum?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Things will always work out at the end. The bright side is that there are always new car models introduced every year. Tinkering with the old Fieros is a fun hobby, but not so good business wise. The death of Pontiac may be a good que to break out into bigger and hotter markets. Finding a niche in the import scene may be a good way to go considering the sheer size of the import aftermarket. Have you seen some of those cheezy body kits on some of those imports? A monkey can design better kits. There are lots of opportunities.

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
Hello Norm. Hope thing,s pick up. mist you it the Pontiac Show at Norwalk. hang in there- Dave Stidd AKA Prostreet Dave.
normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello and thankyou very much. Its embarassing to be strapped, as its all I can do to keep the couple of guys working here seems to go week to week. This economy has to pick up, just wish it was sooner than later. Thanks again Norm 574-255-7843
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I agree with the above it is hard in a good economy to make money from Fieros or kit cars. With Pontiac going to Boot Hill I am working on a Trans am off the new Camaro. I know of one company doing it but I want to go with my on style with it. Just waiting for the Camaro to be out a while and get a used one or trying to find a wreaked one.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I agree with the above it is hard in a good economy to make money from Fieros or kit cars. With Pontiac going to Boot Hill I am working on a Trans am off the new Camaro. I know of one company doing it but I want to go with my on style with it. Just waiting for the Camaro to be out a while and get a used one or trying to find a wreaked one.

That's a good idea...Camaro to Firebird/TransAm conversion.
normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello there were two companys that offered a conversion at SEMA. I thought the one from Lingenfelter was the best. There is another one too that wasnt there. Thanks Norm
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
Norm I feel thing will get better.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
A lot of folks that make stuff for the Fiero do it because they love the cars and don't expect to make same kind of decent profits they could from more popular cars. Which is the problem, limited customer base demands custom low volume products which in turn makes the items more costly. Add to that the fact that most Fiero owners dont have much $ and..... In part we -trueleo.com- can keep making our headers/Y pipes and intake manifolds for the Fiero whereas we now also make the best shifter availble for the Lotus Else and they keep selling well, Lotus people tend have have $ to spend. For most owners, their Fiero is just a big ole toy and when times get tuffm well you get the picture. Good luck Norm.

------------------
[IMG]

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Hello there were two companys that offered a conversion at SEMA. I thought the one from Lingenfelter was the best. There is another one too that wasnt there. Thanks Norm

Not sure if I will offer a conversion, I just want to make my own my way.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post
Yay! I thought norms fiberglass was dead! Thanks for stickin through it norm. I love your work and got on your site frequently when i was a fiero owner to pipe dream. I own a sky now and was going to your site to look at getting a diffuser that i had seen a thread about and no site.I was really dissappointed so i've been researching for the past couple of days to see if you still made parts and i just found this..needless to say im excited. Your work is awesome. Anyway i sent you a pm on the ky forum and im interested in some parts for my sky( in my research i saw the fenders and side skirts you made for the sky and I want to see them as well as any other body mods you may sell) Anyway glad your still doing work and i hope to speak with you soon
-Kaleb
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock