Started on: 11-14-2009 12:20 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: RCR on 10-22-2010 03:37 PM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I just located an 88 Formula at A&A Auto on Ryan and hamlin roads in Shelby Twp.

It looks to be in pretty good condition. 6cyl auto, pl, beechwood interior, slight coner damage on dash and typical wear on driver's seat. Dot matrix bezels are in very good shape. Rust showing through trunk, looks like damage to front left sheetmetal at one time. Body is in decent shape. Both trunk seals are missing, as well as headlights. The keys are in the car. The engine was "clunkered" and is tagged as such. I've got some pics I will post later, including VIN.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-14-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I would really like to have that dot matrix shift plate if you go back to snarf some parts.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Get VIN for 88 database guy.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
If you go back, grab any of the beechwood stuff that is good. It's so hard to find! Right now, I am working on trying to find a center console glovebox door.

PS, if it is marked clunker, nobody is going to be able to save it. They can sell parts off the car, but being marked clunker I think insures that it must be crushed and/or shredded.

Those rear quarter windows look to be in good shape too. The black surround on mine has faded to various shades of grey.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
That car has better paint than my Formula.

FieroFiend

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFiendSend a Private Message to FieroFiendDirect Link to This Post
Sigh... Clunkers killed alot of good cars, someone do this thing a favor and let its spirit live on vicariously through its engine cradle and suspension for one of the many poor bastards with the 84-87's oh and dont forget all its brake components
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
stupid cash for clunkers is killing perfectly good cars
most people look at an older car and say that they are all just junk.
i say as long as there is a vin number a fiero is never junk

[This message has been edited by BlackGT Codde (edited 11-14-2009).]

88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyDirect Link to This Post
RCR, Thanks for the heads up on that poor car. In Jan 2004 I saw it for sale on autotrader with 84k miles on it, asking price $3400. I'll now change it's record, with regret, to "Deceased." Don't forget to get the good stuff off, including the rear sway bar mounting brackets and of course any suspension stuff you can grab from either end.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
pretty easy to grab the headlight motors / harness and module.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
OK, here's the deal. I'd love to buy the car outright, but even if the yard would sell it to me, my wife would run me over with our Outlook. I'll try to get out there next Saturday and grab some of the smaller items. Some things will be too difficult because I won't have my full assortment of tools. Anything I can grab, I'll put up for sale (unless of course I need it).

Bob
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
What idiot "clunkered" an 88 Formula? They should be taken out back and flogged.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
So much for those who have maintained that Fieros didn't qualify for the clunkers program.
That's a shame to see,
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Mine qualified but the G8 I wanted to replace it with didn't. Not only did the Fiero have to qualify but there was a certain amount that the fuel mileage had to improve.

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

OK, here's the deal. I'd love to buy the car outright, but even if the yard would sell it to me, my wife would run me over with our Outlook. I'll try to get out there next Saturday and grab some of the smaller items. Some things will be too difficult because I won't have my full assortment of tools. Anything I can grab, I'll put up for sale (unless of course I need it).

Bob

If the beechwood center console/armrest thing and glove box door are still there, and in decent shape, grab it and lemme know what you want for them!

I'd be interested in sail panel windows too, but that would be a lot more work for you, and I am not sure how much time you want to put in.

BTW, was the wing on that car? It doesn't look like it from the pic, but if it is, look it over, see if the stantions are cracked. If not, grab the wing too... I'd also be interested if stantions are good.

Other than that, I wish the car was closer to NY. I would be there today, tools in hand.

Poor Formula.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I'll see what I can do. The wife is having her family over for Thnksgiving next Saturday so it might be a stretch to get out.

Sorry..No wing. Looks like the previous owner grabbed a few itwems before sending it out for scrap (wing, head lights, trunk seals).

Bob
Haggerty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyDirect Link to This Post
Dont even think its possible to save it if it was clunkered, legally that car and VIN probably cant be registered ever again.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haggerty:

Dont even think its possible to save it if it was clunkered, legally that car and VIN probably cant be registered ever again.

I think you're right, but if I could bring it home, I could strip it down to the VIN plate. - wife still won't let me

Bob
FreakyFastFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreakyFastFieroSend a Private Message to FreakyFastFieroDirect Link to This Post
Does it have the surround that goes around the Aux. Gauges in good shape? I could use one, but I'm in Grand Rapids.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Only automatic V6 Fiero's qualified for clunker status. The mileage on all the other configuations was too good to qualify. All told 61 Fiero's were clunkered. I am suprised the car has not been shredded. Please save any usable part you can get. I have a friend that wants an 88 cradle.

I am also looking for a beechwood console door, and decent manual dot matrix shift surround with intact shift quadrant markings,if anyone has any available.....
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I gave the yard our site address and told them that the car had some value. Hopefully they sell off some of the parts.

I picked up the dot matrix gauge bezels (instrument, HVAC/radio, and aux gauges). They're not perfect, but look pretty good. I'll post pics later. I didn't have a 7mm socket, otherwise I would have grabbed the console. - Next time.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Well, sad to say, she's gone to the scrap pile in the sky. I went over there to grab the lower radiator support for my 88 front suspension conversion and she was gone. Crushed a couple of weeks ago.

Bummer...

Bob
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock