Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  -------Sad Spottings- ABANDONED or Neglected Fieros --------- (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
-------Sad Spottings- ABANDONED or Neglected Fieros --------- by signtist2004
Started on: 11-02-2009 05:19 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: FallenShadow 2m4 on 12-12-2010 11:03 PM
signtist2004

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
Started this post because I seem to see neglected Fieros where I live. This is a Fiero that has been sitting for at least 9 years that I know of. The plates say 1996 so If it has been sitting that long in this spot then that puts it up to 13 years. Sad. I have asked at the closest residence that the car is parked near, with no answer at the door, left notes, and nobody seems to get back with me. It is in Colorado ( a small town called Blende) outside of Pueblo Colo. I have other sad photos Id like to post of parked Fiero's that I will take. I cant seem to tell what year this one is, an 88 possibly?

[This message has been edited by signtist2004 (edited 11-02-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
kind of sad. The 4 fieros that i have bought were all about the same shape. The next stop was probably a part out or scrap.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Old neglected cars, especially Fieros, always make me kind of melancholy. At one time, that was the car of someone's dreams. Someone probably had some good times with that car at one point in time...but circumstances and priorities changed, and the rest is history. And somehow or other, it wound up where it sits.

Quite sad.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
It is because of many of these cars I suspect there are still a great number of Fiero's still around. I see them like this all over. Must are and have been unregistered for years.

It may be sad but on the other hand how many of the cars on this web site are on the road today because of cheap good doaner cars or even how many were neglected cars someone bought cheap and put back on the road. These are what make the Fiero one of the cheapest collector cars to maintain and rebuild.

Kind of a positive negitive thing.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 11-02-2009).]

Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Its either 87 or 88, one look under the rear will answer which year !

I would be interested in getting my hands on it ! I'm not far from it either !
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I have a few pics to share!

These are affectionatley called "the 3 amigo's"

This one is sad:

Can you spot the one in this pic?

Another sad and lonely Fiero!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-02-2009).]

ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Poor coupe was sitting in a junkyard off to the side, got crushed last year. Had the labelscar of a Firebird chicken on the hood.

Yard owner's got two more of them still sitting back there and he wants an arm and a leg for them; even though they've been sitting back there for years.

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 11-04-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
That's the problem, I find a lot of these sad lonely Fiero's just sitting and rotting. When I track down who owns it, They think they have low mile 68 Hemi Dart or a pristine Yenko SC Camaro and want a fortune for them. I give them my number and tell them when they are ready to have them hauled off, please give me a call.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
My ex ex ex gt this is how I found her
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by signtist2004:

Started this post because I seem to see neglected Fieros where I live. This is a Fiero that has been sitting for at least 9 years that I know of. The plates say 1996 so If it has been sitting that long in this spot then that puts it up to 13 years. Sad. I have asked at the closest residence that the car is parked near, with no answer at the door, left notes, and nobody seems to get back with me. It is in Colorado ( a small town called Blende) outside of Pueblo Colo. I have other sad photos Id like to post of parked Fiero's that I will take. I cant seem to tell what year this one is, an 88 possibly?

Contact the police. They should have the paperwork to fill out to claim the vehicle and apply for a new title.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

My ex ex ex gt this is how I found her

So you sold it and then found it like that? Thats DAMN sad, almost makes me wanna cry NO Fiero deserves that...

Dave

------------------
BAZOOKAFIERO's Junk

"I can feel your fear and weakness, I see my own in the mirrors of your eyes"

PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Ahhh yes....the 3 Amigos.

At least the three of us saved the good parts to keep ours alive. The one in the middle only had 38K on the odometer. I still have most of the body parts.

Sad to see, but sometimes you gotta take one for the team.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I sold mine in Feb of 2005, found it 18 months later in pieces sitting on blocks. Bought it back from the guy I sold it to.
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

This Fiero is most likely an 87 coupe. The rear facia on 88 coupes have an exhaust cut-out on both right and left sides.

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

That's the problem, I find a lot of these sad lonely Fiero's just sitting and rotting. When I track down who owns it, They think they have low mile 68 Hemi Dart or a pristine Yenko SC Camaro and want a fortune for them. I give them my number and tell them when they are ready to have them hauled off, please give me a call.

Pat.....I think that's an El Paso thing. I've encountered the same thing many times....hell, probably the same cars as you. They've been sitting in a back yard decaying for over a decade, not running, all 4 tires flat, paint and interior sunburned, and they want $5000 for the car. I can't count the number of these I've stumbled across. And to think....my 88 coupe cost me $650. Nice condition, rust free running car....with a 1 year old sound system that cost more than that.

Incredible.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Not sure of the rules in all states, but in VA, when I bought a 84 from a guy who never got the title from the guy he bought if from (follow that) all it took was 30 days. I attempted to contact the 2x previous owner, when after 30 days there was no contact, the state issued me a new title. Now the car is mine clean and clear.

Rob
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The real sad part is some of these have better frames than many on the roads here in Ohio. No Rust in the south.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Pat.....I think that's an El Paso thing. I've encountered the same thing many times....hell, probably the same cars as you. They've been sitting in a back yard decaying for over a decade, not running, all 4 tires flat, paint and interior sunburned, and they want $5000 for the car. I can't count the number of these I've stumbled across. And to think....my 88 coupe cost me $650. Nice condition, rust free running car....with a 1 year old sound system that cost more than that.

Incredible.

I believe you are right Dan. I know where there is an 87 Coupe and 88 Formula and an 88 GT with a SBC sitting next to 2 Deloreans. Been there for five years that I know of. I have made several "inquieries" as to what it would take to haul one or all away. Scared me so bad I felt sick. He wants 20k for each of the DMC's, 6k for the 87 - you know what Fiero's look like after sitting outside down here, 7k for the Formula in worse shape than the 87 and 10k for the 88 GT V8 that was never completed and looks just like the 88 Formula. I guess he will have them for another five years. Makes me ill.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Find some similar cars, either in condition or asking price, on eBay. Watch for them to end and then print out a few of them. Take the REAL WORLD prices to these guys and let them know you'd be doing them a favor.

Jonathan
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The real sad part is some of these have better frames than many on the roads here in Ohio. No Rust in the south.

I second this! Even my 48K 86 SE had a good deal of rust.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Yep, southern cars don't rust. It's common to see original sixties muscle cars out here that don't have a spot of rust on them. All the more reason it's sad seeing one (muscle car or Fiero) go to waste. On the other hand, they can sit here for 2 more decades and the space frame will still look the same in 2030 as it does today.

The same can't be said for paint and interior. The sun here is brutal.
PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
My experience is that for every Fiero on the road there are 3 that are off the road just sitting & rotting!

Kit
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
In a field outside of Penrose Colorado.

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Any idea of mileage on that first post?

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
Fierocarparts, Im not sure of the mileage, but next tiem i am in the area I will check it out. Lorin
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post

signtist2004

157 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Here are a couple of others in my area that I have spotted, I got these photos off of Google maps, so the res is not that great, I will get better photos in the morning of the white one. The gold one is about 20 minutes from where I live, so I will post those when i get to that area. The White Fiero in this photo looks in remarkable shape. Unfortuantely it has been sitting for at least 5 years, And you'd think that they would at least put a car cover on it. I stopped one day to ask if they'd sell it, and the guy said "no, she (the owner) would not). The gold one, not in such good shape - paint badly oxidized and has a bad fuel pump. I asked the owner of the house, he said it was his sons car and he did not want to sell it.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by signtist2004 (edited 11-04-2009).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
That gold aero-notch in Colorado is particularly heartbreaking, as it much resembles the car I had in the 80's. And being in Colorado it should be rust free as well. Would be no big deal to bring it back to life.
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
Here is the white Fiero in a better photo. Nobody ever drives this one, it is close to my house. no plates on it. They wont sell it.

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Having a sports car you don't drive is like having a hot wife you don't sleep with.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Having a sports car you don't drive is like having a hot wife you don't sleep with.

Very well put .

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post

Here is the white Fiero in a better photo. Nobody ever drives this one, it is close to my house. no plates on it. They wont sell it.

This one at least looks in decent shape, and it's got it's own cement pad so at least it's not covered in weeds. Looks like the tires are all still inflated as well. Likely a part of some secret underground racing op.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkyrie:

This one at least looks in decent shape, and it's got it's own cement pad so at least it's not covered in weeds. Looks like the tires are all still inflated as well. Likely a part of some secret underground racing op.

Lol or theres a body hiding in the trunk.
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
I took this picture a few weeks ago when we went 4X4ing up by Central City. I was just off the main road on the way back from the Grave Yards. The Fiero looks abandoned but the plates were good until a few months ago, I left a card on it but I doubt it will ever see the open road again.

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

30+mpg

4049 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Before

After

signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
Nice save!

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Before

After

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I hate people like that. They'll sit on a car forever until it is worthless and then they want to sell it for an arm and a leg.
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
Yup.... look at this one on Ebay. Its a piece of rust now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...?hash=item58841ac66a
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
I've only seen a couple not many in my area
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

There's a faint impression of tire tracks coming out of the enclosure, it looks like it is being driven occasionally.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock