Started on: 08-04-2009 02:41 AM
Replies: 39
Last post by: faaaaq on 05-06-2010 04:10 PM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a link to a online video? I know there are videos out there but I cant find them. I want to see a fiero get destroyed because I'm pissed at mine!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Does anyone have a link to a online video? I know there are videos out there but I cant find them. I want to see a fiero get destroyed because I'm pissed at mine!

Thats not very nice. lol im pissed at mine to. the damn clutch system left me high and dry today in the middle of traffic.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Yea. Mine somehow blew both axel seals while on the freeway. Soaking my new / very clean engine bay in tranny fluid. Wanna trade problems?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Yea. Mine somehow blew both axel seals while on the freeway. Soaking my new / very clean engine bay in tranny fluid. Wanna trade problems?

lol sure i hate dealing with clutch systems.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Alright. You cover shipping.
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakClick Here to Email Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Not a crash test video but Sonic50 has videos of his 88GT burning when he flipped it.

Before and aftermath

On fire
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTClick Here to Email Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Not a crash test video but Sonic50 has videos of his 88GT burning when he flipped it.

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactClick Here to Email HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
and thats why we don't drink and drive peeps!!!!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Why do you assume there was alcohol involved?
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Click Here to Email Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
He wasn't. He just fails at life.

------------------

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactClick Here to Email HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
well buy the skid marks someone was overdriving thier abbilities!!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTClick Here to Email Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't doubt it if he was trying to "drift" with the other cars there. Lat i knew the fiero was designed to stick around corners not slide around them. That has to be the second most saddest sight i've ever seen with a fiero.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Or they lost control when they hit a patch of dirt in a tight corner while trying to catch up to another car (unless I am thinking of a different accident over on the Tail of the Dragon). There was no alcohol involved. If you want to call it "overdriving thier abbilities (sic)", that is fine....but accidents can happen any time we push a car to it's limit and run across an unexpected variable.

I think we should have a moment of silence for a very nice Fiero...and be thankful that we didn't lose a fellow Fiero owner in the process.

Personally, I think of the Chris LeDoux song..."I'll gladly take ten seconds in the saddle for a lifetime of watching from the stands". He definitely got his 10 seconds in the saddle.
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking that looked like 129 (Tail of the Dragon) When My grandfrather was alive. For many years.. I drove that road at least 3 times a week. Sometimes more. In that time I seen everything from Big trucks flopped over ..To Mo pads , Sweet sports bike with body parts laying about. Many Sweet cars, Just a big ball Junk being pulled out of the woods. I have lost a few friends on that road.

I my self have drove that road.. When I shoud not have been driving. Like when my grandmother past away some 15 years ago.
But I do know every crack,bump and a few places where the grade is wrong and will toss your car up going into the next turn with any kind of speed.
I have had many close calls. A side swipe. Could have been a head on. Drove right over a sports bike one morning. I was driving a 71 ford truck.
Still remember seeing the guy that was on the bike. Sliding on his butt. He had a real A$$ Rash.

(Tail of the Dragon) Has changed alot over that last few years. The road is still the same. But the peaple driving it most are not.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTClick Here to Email Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
can we get a google earth snapshot of this road? I'm curious.

ok... If this is where that happened then i retract my previous statement!!! Most people would lose it there. Does not seem like a good place for less experienced drivers. Side note: I wanna go!!!! It looks like fun!

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 08-05-2009).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Sonic50 wasn't on the Dragon, though he was on US 129, near Helen, Ga. He was with the V-Dub club when the accident happened. Sonic doesn't drink. At least he didn't at that time. He was only about 18 or 19 years old. He reported he hit some gravel on the inside of the curve.

CowsPatoot, what accident are you thinking of on RFTH? We've never had an accident during Run For The Hills, and we're going into our 14th year. Hope you'll come down and join us this year.
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm I knew it... I knew that place (Grins) Ya got to love Helen GA. I go there every year. April Week ends thats clorer to the 20th. Theres a corvair meet there. The GA. side of 129 is a little bit narrow. (I think) and wash off from heavy rains sometimes leave gravel across the road.

[This message has been edited by billpapps (edited 08-05-2009).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactClick Here to Email HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
18 or 19 well not very experianced(i can't spell) i'm just glad to see hes ok .......as for the car it was a nice one did he ever buy another???
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
CowsPatoot, what accident are you thinking of on RFTH? We've never had an accident during Run For The Hills, and we're going into our 14th year. Hope you'll come down and join us this year.

That sounds like the one I was thinking of, but I thought it was on the Tail of the Dragon. Fierfly and I will be joining you this year...hotel is already reserved, we will be taking her 85 GT down there.
88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanClick Here to Email 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanDirect Link to This Post
he wasnt drunk, and he didnt hit gravel. if you read the comments on the video, he replys to someone saying that one of the wheels came loose and he lost control....I guess the lugs weren't tight enough. after rolling down the hill it landed on its roof, and fuel somehow started pouring out the tank, they luckily were still conscious and escaped before it went up in flames.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLEClick Here to Email IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
ouch... im glad he made it, must have been real banged up after that wreck
PFF
System Bot
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileClick Here to Email DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
Man, that video made me a little weepy. Glad he was ok.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Just flattens out at the front. Amazing.

Of course that was at 3MPH ... jk
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderClick Here to Email Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
So... what speeds were those at?
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or does it appear that the crash test dummy is not wearing a seat belt…”what a dummy”
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersClick Here to Email mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Is it just me or does it appear that the crash test dummy is not wearing a seat belt…”what a dummy”

yeah im still sore from that one
88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanClick Here to Email 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

So... what speeds were those at?

Typically its done at 35 mph into a solid concrete wall. it actually did very good! ive seen alot worse in even newer cars.
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Click Here to Email greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
that road looks like alot of fun. guess i'll have to get my handling portion of the resto done and give it a try. slow at first of course!
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Were they doing side impact tests back then? I wonder how it would have held up. My guess is well.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerClick Here to Email BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Hwy 129 Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap. 318 curves in 11 miles. I've been there twice. First time on my Kawasaki Concours, second time on my Yamaha Vmax, both times had my wife as a passenger. It is a neat thing to go, see, do - but I REALLY liked the Foothills Parkway that connects Townsend to 129. Beautiful views of valleys on both sides. It's like flying in a plane and the air is filled with the sent of pine! I'd guess that is my favorite road to drive.

------------------
Jonathan
1987 SE wrecked parts car
1985 SE parts car 23K miles

PFF
System Bot
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootClick Here to Email heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Were they doing side impact tests back then? I wonder how it would have held up. My guess is well.

well not a crash test but my wreck on the fourth of july. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076617.html. they figure the guy hit me doing about 40-50.i think it did pretty good on holding up from stuff coming up into the inside. however im still having back problems do to i got wraped around the center consel. still in physical therapy for it to. my dad says there is a body imprint in the consel from me hitting it so hard. but as for the outside of it, i would have to say it stood up to it really well even though the car is totaled

[This message has been edited by heavyRfoot (edited 09-05-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
bump. I wanna see a fiero crash ON VIDEO
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

bump. I wanna see a fiero crash ON VIDEO

Easy...setup a video camera, take your fiero and run it into a wall.... Instant" Fiero crash on video"

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Someone's got jokes
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SClick Here to visit N3M3S1S's HomePageClick Here to Email N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Antuzzi's problem is he'd blow the motor before reaching the wall and it would gently bump into it. =P
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Someone's got jokes

All in good fun!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

All in good fun!

Oh. I know this. I was just sayin. Someones got jokes
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqClick Here to Email faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i have seen a few Fiero crash test vids... idk where tho, i guess ill go on a hunt for a few minutes lol

cant find em lol
you could just watch the infamous Mythbusters episode :P

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 05-06-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock