Lets see some roof spoilers! by Adam1988
Started on: 08-04-2009 02:23 AM
Replies: 22
Last post by: kwagner on 12-28-2010 11:02 PM
Adam1988

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adam1988Send a Private Message to Adam1988Direct Link to This Post
If anyone has modified a fin or something of the sort to their roof i'd like to see a few examples!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
BUMP i wanna see some too.
CaravanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaravanBillSend a Private Message to CaravanBillDirect Link to This Post
I like my Fiero bone stock but have thought that a simple roof fin would look real nice on a nochie. That red one is a little too big for my taste.

I like the ones on the older Mazda3 hatchback (which I used to own...favorite car ever!

[This message has been edited by CaravanBill (edited 05-21-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaravanBill:

I like the ones on the older Mazda3 hatchback (which I used to own...favorite car ever!

In Australia there are a tonne of hatchbacks with roof scoops i have seen a few on fieros in pics but it has been a while since i took any notice.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Coolest winged vehicle....EVER!

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

------------------

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
http://shop.ebay.com.au/fei....c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=5
Thought these were cheap wondering how one looks.
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
Kind of hard to see without a closer picture, but the Purple Pavement Eater has a little lip spoiler built into the roof panel above the rear window. I like it.

FieroReinke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I would go the route of the ferrari 308...

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroReinke:

I would go the route of the ferrari 308...

Yes this is the look.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I have always thought that it would be good to have a roof spoiler to bring airflow down to the wing. It would have to look good and not ricey though. I would buy one if it was functional and somebody was to produce it.
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
haven't seen one in a long while, but there were some celicas and/or supras (can't remeber now if that was when they were the same car) that had a wing that sat sort of just behind the roof. i always thought some version or copy of it might look good on a fastback gt.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

haven't seen one in a long while, but there were some celicas and/or supras (can't remeber now if that was when they were the same car) that had a wing that sat sort of just behind the roof. i always thought some version or copy of it might look good on a fastback gt.

The early '80s Supras had such a roof spoiler but it has 2 major problems. First they are very wide (the dimension looking at the spoiler from the side of the car, from front to rear) about 6"-8". They would interfere with the opening of the rear deck lid. Second they have a support stud right in the middle of the wing/spoiler the goes down to and through the rear hatchback glass. To me modifying this spoiler would be way too much work.

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 12-24-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

The early '80s Supras had such a roof spoiler but it has 2 major problems. First they are very wide (the dimension looking at the spoiler from the side of the car, from front to rear) about 6"-8". They would interfere with the opening of the rear deck lid. Second they have a support stud right in the middle of the wing/spoiler the goes down to and through the rear hatchback glass. To me modifying this spoiler would be way too much work.

\/\/

Yes i do remember these and do remember how they opened and a valid point that i had overlooked about how the deck lid opens.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 12-25-2010).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManMadeChickens:

Kind of hard to see without a closer picture, but the Purple Pavement Eater has a little lip spoiler built into the roof panel above the rear window

I never noticed that before... and I've thought about adding the same to my 85gt when I (eventually) start playing with the body and it isn't a daily driver any more. Here I was thinking I had an original idea
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManMadeChickens:

Kind of hard to see without a closer picture, but the Purple Pavement Eater has a little lip spoiler built into the roof panel above the rear window. I like it.

Here ya go...

reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried the mr2 rear shade that came on some 1st generation mr2's?
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newin55:

Here ya go...

Beautiful............ Must copy.....
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

While you copy that, you should do the roof seam delete. Can't believe they didn't do that to the PPE when they put that lip there.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Although, my modifed roofline is a "spoiler" but rather created for reducing sun baking my neck and for looks. The modified roofline involved using a busted fastback clip and added it to the existing fastback clip.

Before pics.

after pics.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

While you copy that, you should do the roof seam delete. Can't believe they didn't do that to the PPE when they put that lip there.

Well I like the delete idea but my black roof and a pillars contrasting with the red body use the seam as a break. It really doesn't bother me that much
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

This is one of the best mod. Simple and it doesn't scream.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

You're actually right twice. It was at the time known as a Celica Supra. I had a few, fun cars

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock