newbie in need of help! by alopez85
Started on: 07-09-2009 07:21 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: alopez85 on 08-24-2010 12:09 AM
alopez85

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alopez85Send a Private Message to alopez85Direct Link to This Post
First off thanks for allowing me to join this forum, I've been looking for a good forum around my area to join for my fiero. I have an 85' fiero base, 4 spd 4 cyl. and it has 22k orignal miles on it. My problem is this, the car hasnt been ran for a very long time, try like 10 or so years. And I'm 24 now and I realize what my dad gave me was a sweet ass car, but at the time I wanted the fast cars like my old Z28 and I liked imports and crap like that. So I was wondering if there is any place you guys can recommend to me to take my fiero so I can get it running again. Or if any of you are very good mechanics that can do it as a side job or something. Or let me know if its even worth my time, I mean i'd really like to have it as a second car because it's very mint. So let me know and thanks in advance! By the way it has been garage kept, and I am in the will county area!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
If you can get the car to Rockford, take it to Kurt's Auto. (815) 962-7110 ask for Ray. Tell him Chris sent you...he is the sales manager, and a member of NIFE as well as this forum. Only mechanic I will let work on my Fieros!
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
welcome to the madness!
I would find someone in your area that you can trust. or find a Fiero club in your area they will be able to help get your car back on the road.
they will know who you may be able to take it to.
good luck.
D.
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
welcome and congrats on waking up and coming out of the fog you were in,i hope your dads around to see your interest in the car and good luck,if we can help just ask
alopez85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alopez85Send a Private Message to alopez85Direct Link to This Post
It's been a long time since my last post, but finally here it is! It's a little dirty but just figured I'd post some pics of it all done!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Wow. That's a damn nice looking car you've got there.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
VERY sharp looking car. Guess it paid off to keep it around, huh?
alopez85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alopez85Send a Private Message to alopez85Direct Link to This Post
yeah definitely worth keeping around, and thanks for the compliments guys.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
That really is a good looking, well preserved car. Just for clarity, 85 four cylinders came with a 5 speed or auto. Only the 85 V6 had a 4 speed. 84's came with 4 speeds or auto. Are you sure it's an 85? Give us a picture of the engine bay. We can tell a lot from that view.
alopez85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alopez85Send a Private Message to alopez85Direct Link to This Post
yeah its a 6cyl 4spd, I didn't know any better before
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: nevermind

Nice car, by the way.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 08-23-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
That is one nice car. I'd highly recommend keeping it stock. I'd think you could win a few competitions in the vintage stock category with that car.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
So, what have you done to get it ready to go back on the road? I certainly hope you changed all of it's 10 year old fluids; oil, transmission, brake, clutch and all its filters. It would be a shame to ruin a wonderfully preserved car trying to run it on old lubricants.
alopez85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alopez85Send a Private Message to alopez85Direct Link to This Post
Oh yea definitely going to keep it stock, I think the only thing in the car that is aftermarket is the front speakers because that little rattling noise drove me nuts the first few times I drove it. And Vernon, yes all the fluids were changed out, here are what was all done to it; new calipers, rotors, pads, radiator, radiator hoses, tires, gas tank cleaned out, sending unit, fuel pump, all the filters. I was getting the car done by a friend at first on the side for next to nothing but when that situation took 5 months, I took it to a buddy of mine who was a certified mechanic close to home. With shipping of parts and everything, it was ready to go in about 3 weeks.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock