Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Pontiac Tribute Day: June 1, 2010 - Spread the word! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pontiac Tribute Day: June 1, 2010 - Spread the word! by Oreif
Started on: 07-01-2009 06:38 AM
Replies: 41
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 05-30-2010 02:47 AM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
At a meeting of the Midwest Fiero Clubs (the association of Pontiac Fiero clubs in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan and Indiana) this past week, we came up with a brainstorm that we need your assistance with.

Although GM has decided to discontinue the Pontiac marque, I know we are all still very proud of our Pontiacs. As a salute of appreciation to General Motors for the years of Pontiac excitement they gave to us, we are promoting Tuesday, June 1, 2010, as "Pontiac Tribute Day". All we ask is that you drive and enjoy your Pontiac on this day, whatever it may be - old, new, G6, GP or GTO - let's show GM how much we appreciate all of the excitement they have brought to our lives! This event may grow into possible cruise nights and car shows highlighting Pontiac - the creativity in promoting this is up to everyone.

We need your help in promoting Pontiac Tribute Day so we can get the word out nationwide and possibly even worldwide with this idea. Please promote this as far as you can through other individuals and clubs you know about, through websites, phone calls, emails, etc. We have just under one year to watch this grow!

Thank you for your support.

Jim Hallman, President
Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Inc.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
eze does it

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eze does itSend a Private Message to eze does itDirect Link to This Post
June first no problem i try to drive my year round except when in the winter if it snows al drive my tahoe.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
June 1st would be a day I'd be driving back home from the Dells Run 2010, provided the event is May 27-30, 2010.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
May 31st 2010 is also the last day many dealerships can sell "Pontiac's".
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
hmm, maybe setup an AutoX on a closed dealership....?
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

hmm, maybe setup an AutoX on a closed dealership....?

One dealership by us is rumored to be planning an all day BBQ on the 1st as they are also on the dealership closing list.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Tony.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I can't for the life of me, understand why GM chose to drop their second ( or third) most popular brand. They discontinue the 3800SC which had a record second to none, then they drop the Firebrid, & Grand Prix and give us the G8? Then to top it off they keep Buick? Is there anyone left who actually buys and drives a Buick?
Regardless I do drive my Fiero regularly but it doesn't get great exposure except at the shows. Most often I keep it close to home and stay on roads less traveled.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
Yes. the chinese love buicks... God only knows why. I could see combining pontiac with saturn, but dropping both? I guess I'm biased, but I've never bought any brand of GM except pontiac...
riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
Put it up on Facebook so ALL Pontiac Enthusiasts know about it!
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I can't for the life of me, understand why GM chose to drop their second ( or third) most popular brand. They discontinue the 3800SC which had a record second to none, then they drop the Firebrid, & Grand Prix and give us the G8? Then to top it off they keep Buick? Is there anyone left who actually buys and drives a Buick?
Regardless I do drive my Fiero regularly but it doesn't get great exposure except at the shows. Most often I keep it close to home and stay on roads less traveled.

I agree Dennis - What really makes no sense to me is that GM is keeping 2 truck lines. Why not combine the 2? Another wise choice made by our government on our behalf!
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Yes. the chinese love buicks... God only knows why.

The thing that gets me is the Chinese Buicks are Opel's chassis' with Hynudai/Samsung engines. They are NOT the Buicks built here.
It's a shame that GM has been reduced to "bean counter" cars.
It was announced that the G8 will come back as a Chevy Caprice, But it looks like a standard Chevy and is boring.

As Mickey always said to Buckwheat:
They'll never learn"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post
SO what happens to the Solstice? And the Skye? Do we get a Chevy Solstice at least??
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

I'll be looking forward to that day.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
.. Pontiac is going under because people did not buy them,,more and more americans demand foreign cars.. OUR MAJOR business is going under ,,all you superpatriots enjoy your Jap and German cars while you can,, the price to pay for pissing on the flag is due !! right now.A higher price is comming,, the dems/bolsheviks will punish you more..
Wonder how many Toyotas and Nissans were in the Pontiac factory and dealership workers parking lots..
.. Squeeks wake up !! Wake up now,, rinse your foulness out of our flag ,,and get on the train that the spirit of 1976 is driving

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 02-13-2010).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
In my area...we are arranging a meeting at Woody's Barbeque in Plant City.....203 W. Alexander Street from 6 to 9 pm.....
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

.. Wonder how many Toyotas and Nissans were in the Pontiac factory and dealership workers parking lots..

Yup. Kicking themselves now??

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Spring forward bump.
PFF
System Bot
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
You can visit www.pontiactributeday.com/ for all the details about this day. Here is what we have so far.

Total Submissions: 458
Total Cars Submitted: 586
Total Clubs/Forums Participating: 119
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

The thing that gets me is the Chinese Buicks are Opel's chassis' with Hynudai/Samsung engines. They are NOT the Buicks built here.
It's a shame that GM has been reduced to "bean counter" cars.
It was announced that the G8 will come back as a Chevy Caprice, But it looks like a standard Chevy and is boring.

As Mickey always said to Buckwheat:
They'll never learn"

That's just stupid! Granted I loved the Caprice Classics. I have had 3 mid 90s caprices one 9C1 (Police interceptor package) and 2 5.7s one of which had the Lt1 Conversion and 2 of them had posi.

However, look what the impala turned into! They were nearly identical! Why would you bring back the Caprice if it is still on the road as an impala?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
Spreading the word!

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
bump
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Direct Link to This Post
Just put the sticker on my windshield to spread the work. Going to a show 5 June at the Hershey Medical Center that is a Pontiac tribute show and will feature an all Pontiac area. Should be pretty good.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
ironic. June 1 is the one year anniversary of GM filing bankruptcy.
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
And for those of us with Grundy collector's insurance I have an email from Grundy stating it is ok to drive my Fiero to work this day. (and occasionally other days if I just want to show it off)

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Pontiac Tribute Day and www.pontiactributeday.com made it into the Chicago Tribune today Sunday, May 23, 2010. In "Rides" section 8 - page 2 right hand column half way down the page.

Pontiac Tribute Day: Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Pontiactributeday.com
Nearly 800 submissions
nearly 1000 cars registered
45 states represented
5 states outside of the US

Is your car(s) register?

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 05-23-2010).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
I registered last week and my name isn't up there yet...
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
i just signed up. once for my Mera, which they have a catagory for, AMAZING!!
and once more for my 1995 TransAm....hope thats cool with them?
now to find a gig in MI to go to on that day...maybe PONTIAC, MI.
Daniel
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I registered last week and my name isn't up there yet...

Is it up there now? If not post your info here for me and I will get it up there. Sorry if I missed it I have been getting 20-30 e-mails a day. We have passed 1000 now.

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I'm on the list!
Right in the center of the middle column.
I'll be driving my 07 Solstice that day.
Can't wait.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
The Inland Northwest pontiac Club is also doing a tribute day run. We are going to just do the get together thing, and a little ice cream. Anyone that is in the Spokane/CDA area that has any kind of Pontiac, is more than welcome to come along. The more the merrier.

http://inwpontiac.motionforum.net/forum.htm
ss85fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ss85fieroSend a Private Message to ss85fieroDirect Link to This Post
Every day is a Pontiac tribute day for me since my daily driver is my 99 Trans Am. Registered a few months back, and i am near the bottom in the second row, however i no longer have the 86 fiero anymore that is listed, but still have the 87.

------------------

87 fiero gt 4.9
99 trans am ws6

[This message has been edited by ss85fiero (edited 05-29-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave