My first custom nose attempt by cnander51
Started on: 06-28-2009 01:16 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: SMTHGT on 10-13-2010 03:17 AM
cnander51

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post
Let me start this off by saying I am open to constuctive criticism. I have never attempted a project of this size in fiberglass before. I don,t have a workshop, so all work is being done in my backyard under a tree. ( The temp has been consistantly in the mid to high 90's).
Until I get fiberglass on the basic structure, I have to remove it when I am finished for the day because of the threat of rain. ( PITA)
I used parts and materials I had laying around. If I had the available cash I would have bought a nose from JimmyS. I am looking at this as a chance to learn and create

The before picture

some after pictures

I know the signal lights are kinda large, but they were on a shelf not to be used so I tried them and the shape fit. Try and guess what they fit.
After the nose I will be installing corvette tail lights.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cnander51:

I know the signal lights are kinda large, but they were on a shelf not to be used so I tried them and the shape fit. Try and guess what they fit.
After the nose I will be installing corvette tail lights.

They look kinda like they would be from a Chevy or GM Truck/SUV but I think those usually have a orange reflective area to the outer edge.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-28-2009).]

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

They look kinda like they would be from a Chevy or GM Truck/SUV but I think those usually have a orange reflective area to the outer edge.

They are aftermarket and the original did have the orange reflective area but they are not from a GM truck or SUV.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. A little squareish for my taste though.

Doing fiberglass isn't really all that hard once you learn how it's done. It is very time consuming though.

So when you gonna come over and check out my ride?

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you actually made that out of cardboard? Thanks some nice craftsmanship!

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Looking good. A little squareish for my taste though.

Doing fiberglass isn't really all that hard once you learn how it's done. It is very time consuming though.

So when you gonna come over and check out my ride?

As soon as I get another vehicle that I can depend on. The Pontiac transport we have is getting a little long in the tooth and my Fiero is not driveable yet. Hope to have an F150 in a week or two

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

cnander51

117 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

Wow, you actually made that out of cardboard? Thanks some nice craftsmanship!

Mostly wood, but a little cardboard on extreme curves.

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

cnander51

117 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I have worked with fiberglass before and you are right, it is time consuming and somewhat sticky. I have learned to change gloves frequently. Hate the feeling of my fingers sticking together

I forgot to mention the signal lights originally were for a 1992 Ford F350.

[This message has been edited by cnander51 (edited 06-28-2009).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Looks like quite a project. I know what you mean about dodging the rain clouds. I'm in pretty much the same boat. I have to work on large fiberglass parts in the back yard or the driveway, because there isn't enough room in my workshed, and I don't have a garage.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
This ever get finished..??

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors