Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Any LED bulbs plug into the front turn signals?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any LED bulbs plug into the front turn signals? by doublec4
Started on: 05-20-2009 07:33 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Tinkrr on 11-16-2010 10:00 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Just wondering if any LED bulbs plug into the front turn signals? I'm looking for a very very white looking turn signal or slightly blue to match my HIDS that I'm installing... any help would be great!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
http://www.eautoworks.com/search-194.htm

If you are referring to the side turn signals, they also have ones for the front running lights/turn signals. 1157(2057) bulb.

I've gotten some at Autozone, I used them in my WRX. Didn't last that long though, maybe 2 years. I don't think the LED it self went out, probably the current limiting circuit.

------------------

Red 86GT 4 Speed

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I was referring to the "parking light" front signals... the 2057's

Do the LED ones come with a current limiting circuit built in? Or do you have to buy one and wire it in?

------------------

Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
All the ones I've seen come with the circuit built into the base of the bulb, or in the case of the smaller ones, it is the base of the bulb., but you do need to upgrade to an electronic flasher otherwise you get weird problems because they don't have the correct resistance. Should be able to pick up one of those anyplace that sells the LED bulbs.

[This message has been edited by Freshj (edited 05-20-2009).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Found this thread when I was trying to find out how many 2057 and 1157 bulbs there are total on the Fiero so I knew how many LED replacements to Order!

I got wedge LEDs from http://www.Superbrightleds.com for the PONTIAC symbol and they worked great, so I'm in the process of buying their other bulb replacement units. Their website is a bit cumbersome (in my opinion), but great pieces.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget to use a bridge rectifier if you replace your front marker lights with LEDs. See the ogre's page on this for more info.
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Right, if you don't use the correct rectifier and blinker, the rear taillights and markers will light up when they're not supposed to, and the blinkers on the instrument panel will be lit all the time.
CogFieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CogFieroGTSend a Private Message to CogFieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Found this thread when I was trying to find out how many 2057 and 1157 bulbs there are total on the Fiero so I knew how many LED replacements to Order!

I got wedge LEDs from http://www.Superbrightleds.com for the PONTIAC symbol and they worked great, so I'm in the process of buying their other bulb replacement units. Their website is a bit cumbersome (in my opinion), but great pieces.

yup, i've bought from them many times. i replace all the bulbs in my previous car with their products. i had HID in the headlights of course
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info on the rectifier guys! I was planning on replacing the blinker bulbs in my next order (along with the rest of the 2057 bulbs in the rear). I'll have to add that to my list!
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L67:

Right, if you don't use the correct rectifier and blinker, the rear taillights and markers will light up when they're not supposed to, and the blinkers on the instrument panel will be lit all the time.

Ah hah !

That's the fix I needed.

My turn signals glow about half intensity when the headlights are on.

My front LED's came from Princess Auto. Power Fist brand, about 7 dollars each.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

Tinkrr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinkrrSend a Private Message to TinkrrDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried Princess Automotive they have all kinds of LED lighting, including replacement bulbs in red, white, and amber. They are even on sale once and a while.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock