Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  new headlights for X. like them or no? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
new headlights for X. like them or no? by fieroX
Started on: 05-13-2009 09:50 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: HausFiero on 06-16-2010 07:55 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Man, I love the look of lights like those on the Fiero. Too bad my g/f doesn't see them that way... She demands I keep the flip ups, but I can get the lower profile ones.

Then again she did say THIS Fiero has to stay close to stock...

Looks good so far, can't wait to see your car painted
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
She looks happy in the first picture :P
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I dig'em. How well do they light up the area? better than stock or what?
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
They look good, I like them. With that front bumper and headlights, it kinda looks like a happy frog. You need to paint it green!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
I like them so much I put them on mine two years ago

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Yea those look good. I've had mine for 2 years too but mine have been in a box. Haha. I finally have some time to get the car done and I have an appointment at the paint shop on June 15th.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Looks great with that front end. Good luck with the paint. Post up some more pics after the spray.

------------------

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Nice. I've always wondered what it would like if you moved those kind of headlights down a bit. So, I made a photoshop.

I think it looks really good. It's kinda influenced by the '80s Camaro lights.

[This message has been edited by aeffertz (edited 05-13-2009).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I prefer the enclosed look like the Vette C5-R

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Im not feelin them but to each his own. i like them recessed into the hood like munsons. I will commend you however on the 355 front end.
That is somthing we can agree on
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Not the direction i plan to go, but i do like them.

Good job !
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
Those are the same lights I used to do mine a few years back. I modded them to be flip ups though.

I have since modded the hood but the lights are the same.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC build underway
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
Me too.

:-)

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:
I prefer the enclosed look like the Vette C5-R

Those won't work due to the curvature of the C5 hood. I have a set for sale $450.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-14-2009).]

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i like them when used as a flip up

a big thing for me i guess is that the fiero has pop up lites
of all the mods people do, the one thing i like the least is non pop up headlites ,... just looks goofy to me
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how the extra drag will affect your 1/4 mile times?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to tell by the pic you've used, but on this car they look okay, because he went the extra steps in re-tweaking the square piece and rounded the corners.

That said, if the part was equip with a clear plastic cover IMO it would look better or maybe a dual cover for each lens. A cover like Demancheno's #025 is better IMO.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-14-2009).]

Fiero-117A

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-117ASend a Private Message to Fiero-117ADirect Link to This Post
ryan that looks good, just need to get it painted soon. isnt that conveinant that my car is sitting in the back ground of your parking lot at FTW MOTORSPORTS!!! get that car done lets get that thing in the 9's.

[This message has been edited by Fiero-117A (edited 05-14-2009).]

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I wonder how the extra drag will affect your 1/4 mile times?

shouldnt effect it any, probably help because the headlight doors wont be flying up at 120, haha. Plus i saved probably 20lbs taking all the old headlight buckets out.
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

of all the mods people do, the one thing i like the least is non pop up headlites ,... just looks goofy to me

I couldn't agree more.
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:
shouldnt effect it any, probably help because the headlight doors wont be flying up at 120, haha. Plus i saved probably 20lbs taking all the old headlight buckets out.

Hopefully those headlights won't pop out. Hope you have a hood extractor vent is fuctional.

Now regarding the HL... NOT my cup of tea BUT I do like them better the Camaro flush mount headlights.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-15-2009).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Ok... I will say it... I don't care for them, sorry.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
It's got its own look. Not too bad at all. I don't care for the stock monsters, so I'd run em.

------------------
86 SE 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

88 Coupe 4.9 "Hibernating"
For Sale. Make offer.

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 05-15-2009).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
=RIBBIT
=
IMHO
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

I agree ! Its one of the things that makes a fiero somewhat unique. Every fixed headlight Ive seen on a fiero looks out of place to me.

------------------
Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6 Intercooled
Best ET: 12.20@ 114.90 mph (street tires)
11.74@115 mph (drag radials)

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I like the dual headlight look but would opt to keep the pop-ups. I guess it depends on what color you paint the car.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
I don't like the look to be honest, can appreciate the effort and work behind them but just something about molded in rounded lights it sort clashes with the straight edge look of the 80's Fiero body lines.

But you never know until it's finished either!
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

I don't like the look to be honest, can appreciate the effort and work behind them but just something about molded in rounded lights it sort clashes with the straight edge look of the 80's Fiero body lines.

But you never know until it's finished either!

If my car was stock then yes they may look out of place but as you can tell I have the 355 front a roof scoop aus stage 2 sides a mustang decklid scoop and a custom lip spoiler. My car is more exotic than boxy.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
i got all the body work done on the hood and got it in primer. Things are finally coming along!

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post

i got all the body work done on the hood and got it in primer. Things are finally coming along!

dude that looks pretty cool now you just need to get big run tubes and put them on the back side on the headlight housing and Ram it strait into your turbo LOL jk man looks good can't wait to see it done
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
I like the last pic with the 1 color for both the lid and the light insert. Very clean.... I have the same mold also for the mr2 but I went Fierokings way and in the process of making them pop up too. I re-fiberglassed them though. I still need to finish them... Got caught up in the engine build that I'm doing right now. I have made a bunch of changes since these pics were taken... All about designing them to fit properly and function. First off, the nose was too long so I cut it back about an inch. Just messin though. It may work or may not.... It's all fun! You've gotta love projects

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
need more pics !!!
BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
more pics???
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
Love the look Im currently working on the same mod after seeing 88lambos on line. I would love to see the hood after its been painted.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
car is going to the paint shop tomorrow. updates coming soon.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
At first I was like, "eh". Like Rich, I prefer pop-ups.

But what you are doing now? That is pretty cool. I thought you were going to keep the bucket, but the molded version is sweet.

SO I have to say, thumbs up on it.
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
I want to change mine to a too. Looks sleek.

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

"Roads?...Where we're going, we don't need roads." - Emmett "Doc" Brown

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

car is going to the paint shop tomorrow. updates coming soon.

Bump just cause I wanna see this car in a color other then primer.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post

Those headlights look awesome FieroX. Was that a kit? Also I hear your fiero is the fastest on the forum. What swap did you did?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock