Does anyone sell chrome shifter plates? by Australian
Started on: 05-11-2009 09:50 AM
Replies: 39
Last post by: Fierosmith on 05-17-2010 04:02 PM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone sell chrome shifter plates? especially for a 5 speed getrag. Rather than the stock leather boot or is it something i need to custom make I am sure it has been done
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wolf63

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
I've always thought that would look good but so far i have never seen one on a Fiero. i was thinking of making my own but when i started tying to lay it out it looks like the shift pattern is so tight there isn't room to do a gate design. the company i work for does stainless steel fabrication so if you can come up with a design that works, please share. if you live in Australia you might see some of my work, we just shipped our second Costco to Australia :-)
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolf63:we just shipped our second Costco to Australia :-)

Oh yeah, we need more of those!

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
From what I recall, there are gated shifter plates like the Ferrari 308 used but the gates are cut shorter and are just for looks. The shift lever never actually goes in to the gates.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I drove a ferrari with shif gates on it. im geussing you guys are talking about the center console close to what amida makes. Well the ferrari with them i drove did nothing but piss me off. i kept hitting the gate as i was shifting. It was getting annoying.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
How about one for an automatic?
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Hehe.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

lol this is for us manual owners only now please excuse me as I kick you out the door

haha just kidding. I think amida makes his consoles in stick and auto.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-13-2009).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hehe.

Always have to show off don't you.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Always have to show off don't you.

lol well when you have the sexyist fiero ever made you got a right to show it off. thats out of #20 right?

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

lol this is for us manual owners only now please excuse me as I kick you out the door

haha just kidding. I think amida makes his consoles in stick and auto.

Oh yea? The 4T65E-HD will beat the 282 any day.
In a drag race.
And yes he does.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Oh yea? The 4T65E-HD will beat the 282 any day.
In a drag race.
And yes he does.

.... all in the driver grasshopper

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
.... all in the driver grasshopper

I'm talking like the 282 will blow up and the auto will not.
Connected to the L67 of course. it would be dumb to connect a 4t65e-HD to a 2.8.
wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
just dug through amida's threads in the archive but didn't find anything on a shift gate, but most of the picture links are broken so it may be there and i just don't see it. anyone got a link?
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

I think some replica places must sell them for a fiero.

wolf63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Direct Link to This Post
I LIKE that! anyone have shots closer and more from above?
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I think some replica places must sell them for a fiero.

Poor english sorry i think someone must sell replica plates for a fiero however this is a real ferrari

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
This is what it used to look like. This is off of Rodney Dickmans site. Notice how short the gates are. The shifter does not enter the gates. They are there for looks.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-16-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post
I got it. Have an extra one or two. They work with Rodney Dickman's euro shifter arm. Stainless steel - Has to be polished. Do not go into gates. Just for looks.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-1-048397.html

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-16-2009).]

seadog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seadogSend a Private Message to seadogDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

That's a real Ferrari?
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

That's a real Ferrari?

Sure....with Fiero power window switches, and Oldsmobile door strap, and a top-notch upholstery job on the dash and console.
Ferrari also uses Fiero gauges

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-16-2009).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

I want to use my extra short shifter with one all polished.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
pm sent to ferrobi
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

------------------
86 SE 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

88 Coupe 4.9 "Hibernating"
For Sale. Make offer.

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Carver1

2843 posts
Member since Nov 2000
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Pardon me please, as I "Reboot" this thread....

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else sell a shifter plate as Ferrobi wont sell me one as i'm not in USA no foreigners i guess. So anyone want to make a buck and buy one from Ferrobi and on sell it to me at a profit.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone else sell a shifter plate as Ferrobi wont sell me one as i'm not in USA no foreigners i guess. So anyone want to make a buck and buy one from Ferrobi and on sell it to me at a profit.

OK - if you want ups quoted me 84.00 shipping. Plate is 30.00. And you have to buy a shifter arm from Rodney Dickman - about 50 - 60 plus shipping again. Gonna be over 200 for everthing you need.
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
I'll take one.... PM sent
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to have a go at making my own as i want to use my extra short shift stick. Thank you Ferrobi for posting the picks and for getting back to me with a price if i truely wanted i would pay. You would be surprised what i have spent on my car. I will often pay more for postage than the item. The conversion to RHD costs more than any fiero alone and every Australian has spend big bucks on their cars everything registered here is quite nice.
Australia isn't Albania we take the same side at war and without Pennocks id be screwed another foreigner. Not everyone is a terrorist or a con man and as the buyer you wouldn't lose. I thank you anyway but many people have refused to post to me so missed out on so many goodies even when first in. I must vent my frustrations breathe in breath out.
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
New design by me F355 style.

100 mm x 150 mm This actually shouldn't touch the plate with the 5 speed getrag and a stock shifter.
It is rough anyone good with CAD???
I will make enquiries into getting these made of plastic/metal will look at options i may sell them if i can get a price.
http://www.muckup.com/fierogate.jpg full size

If anyone is to rip off my design at least make me one pm me!!!

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 02-04-2010).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about the entire center console cover plate or just the shifter gate? I have a polished metal center console plate that also includes the gated shifter plate (nonfunctional) in a F308 rebody. Pictures are available if you would like to see them.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Are you talking about the entire center console cover plate or just the shifter gate? I have a polished metal center console plate that also includes the gated shifter plate (nonfunctional) in a F308 rebody. Pictures are available if you would like to see them.

Well yes post pics id be interested in seeing them. I have a ferrari gate in front of me which i have used to inspire design the fiero355 plate but it is a lot smaller and could never be used in a fiero as it would be filed to nothing.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Australia isn't Albania we take the same side at war and without Pennocks id be screwed another foreigner. Not everyone is a terrorist or a con man and as the buyer you wouldn't lose. I thank you anyway but many people have refused to post to me...

Don't feel bad. Many American vendors on eBay refuse to ship next door here to Canada. I figure if they're doing so well they don't need the business, the hell with them.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
No that is i believe a Rodney Dickmans shifter. I tried to post some other pics before i was hotlinking and they didnt work. My poor edit of thread at the end read that i thought it was a real ferrari but i was comparing a real to a replica as original idea. Showing it was very close. When the pics didnt work i edited my post but left in i thought it was a real ferrari dash i hotlinked the pic from lambo replica.com so i knew where it came from.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Per a recent request, here is a photo of the F308 rebody consile plate. It is polished steel and has a chromed shifter gate with a Euro type shifter installed. Note that the plate is spotted but I will clean it up when I uncover the car in a few weeks.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Per a recent request, here is a photo of the F308 rebody consile plate. It is polished steel and has a chromed shifter gate with a Euro type shifter installed. Note that the plate is spotted but I will clean it up when I uncover the car in a few weeks.

Cool thanks for the pics i hope to make up my 5 speed pattern design to fit in stock location with a short shifter.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

New design by me F355 style.

100 mm x 150 mm This actually shouldn't touch the plate with the 5 speed getrag and a stock shifter.
It is rough anyone good with CAD???
I will make enquiries into getting these made of plastic/metal will look at options i may sell them if i can get a price.
http://www.muckup.com/fierogate.jpg full size

If anyone is to rip off my design at least make me one pm me!!!

Can anyone draw this in CAD approx 5mm thick.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Can anyone draw this in CAD approx 5mm thick.

I can draw this up in AutoCad, but I will need a few dimensions to go by.

Jim

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock