Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  B&B spyder widebody. What happened to them>?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

B&B spyder widebody. What happened to them>? by CalicoDreams
Started on: 05-04-2009 04:45 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Australian on 05-23-2010 02:57 AM
CalicoDreams

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CalicoDreamsSend a Private Message to CalicoDreamsDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of what happened to B&B spyder website? I really liked their widebody kit and now I can't seem to find them on the web anymore. Just wondering if the sold the molds to anybody else, or if the changed the name of their business or maybe new website.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
screwed some people over and they are out of buss.
Archie has a nice one so does fiero warehouse

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 05-04-2009).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Go with the Archie widebody,..that one from B and B was kind of cartoonish to me.

The mad-arch widebody is 100 times better !

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Go with the Archie widebody,..that one from B and B was kind of cartoonish to me.

I have said it before and I will say it again madcurl's car is a work of art. There is no denying that.

CalicoDreams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CalicoDreamsSend a Private Message to CalicoDreamsDirect Link to This Post
I don't like how the front door line, is so close to the line of the wide body front scoop section on archies kit. I saw that the lines were molded together on that part of madcurls car, that does help alot. I want to see it in person, and on a non super moded car though (I do love his car, don't get me wrong). I still think im going to go for stage 2 scoops.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

It's all a matter of opinion, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Archie's version. Just saying not everyone has the same taste. I've always like the B&B vert, in fact, I'd like to have one. If I was going to go with one of the current wide bodies, both are interesting but, it's still a matter of personnal taste.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-09-2009).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have pics of the B&B?

Bob
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Anyone have pics of the B&B?

Bob

I've only seen one widebody and that was the gold one on their website. The website is gone now. Basically, it was 4 curved fender flares that you molded in to a notchback and it made the car wider.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10260 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Personally, if I had to make a widebody notchback, I would go with these guys complete SD4 widebody kit.....although the site looks extremely home-made and they never returned any of my emails.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/fiero.html
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

I do believe there were molds pulled and parts layed up because I saw some body panels at a fiero get together in PlantCity. Telrons house I believe.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 05-09-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Anything over $100 bucks--- I start getting nervous. I don't trust nobody now (and that's companies with a good references).
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you found a picture of this.

I saw it at the Daytona show a few years ago& fell in love with it.

It looked like a Slot Car & I like that look.

The only drawback I saw with the car is that it turns it into a one pc. body.

The front fender arches mold into the front bumper & into the rocker panels. The rear arches are molded into the rear bumper, the 1/4 panels & the rear clip.

It would be very dificult if you ever had to service it.

Even with all that, I was ready to buy one at the show but they didn't have any at that time.

I took a bunch of pics of it at that show but can't seem to find them now.

Those were the good old days.

Archie

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I do believe there were molds pulled and parts layed up because I saw some body panels at a fiero get together in PlantCity. Telrons house I believe.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-09-2009).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm glad you found a picture of this.

I saw it at the Daytona show a few years ago& fell in love with it.

Those were the good old days.

Archie

Daytona 2002

I know I saw some pictures with some body panels but they are all red X's now. I would suggest you right click and save the pictures if you want to keep them.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

This one is pretty cool. It looks really good with the top chopped and the semi tall wing....I'm don't usually like those two together.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 05-23-2010).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
^^^ this one is photoshopped ^^^ The wheels are identical and something about it just doesn't look right.

Bob
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

^^^ this one is photoshopped ^^^ The wheels are identical and something about it just doesn't look right.

Bob

Yep its a photoshop of it chopped. Read the name of the picture Photoshop/bbwidebodychop.jpg LOL
Thats why I looked for more pictures.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32847 posts
Member since Jan 2001

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 05-10-2009).]

328 mera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 328 meraSend a Private Message to 328 meraDirect Link to This Post
i'm interested on their targa conversion, but i believe they're out of business
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Domain name long gone to cyber squatters my bet is they won't renew it due to lack of web traffic.
Domain Name: B-BSPYDER.COM
Registrar: GAL COMMUNICATION (COMMUNIGAL) LTD.
Whois Server: whois.communigal.net
Referral URL: http://www.galcomm.com
Name Server: NS1.DSREDIRECTION.COM
Name Server: NS2.DSREDIRECTION.COM
Updated Date: 14-nov-2009
Creation Date: 08-jun-2008
Expiration Date: 08-jun-2010
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post

Daytona 2002

I know I saw some pictures with some body panels but they are all red X's now. I would suggest you right click and save the pictures if you want to keep them.

Does anyone make flairs that big? Maybe attachable with Dzus fasteners?

------------------
My Car Site │ www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!
DRAG RACING - So easy a Caveman can do it!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The only drawback I saw with the car is that it turns it into a one pc. body.

The front fender arches mold into the front bumper & into the rocker panels. The rear arches are molded into the rear bumper, the 1/4 panels & the rear clip.

It would be very dificult if you ever had to service it.

Archie

Yeah, well let's say someone wanted to removed the fenders to install vertical doors, all they would have to do is cut off the fenders, and then glass them back on when they are done, piece of cake right.

I prefer the Mad-Arch kit too, but there is no widebody in my future because of the price of the wheels. Not until less expensive off the shelf wheels are available I won't be doing one.

PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Yeah, well let's say someone wanted to removed the fenders to install vertical doors, all they would have to do is cut off the fenders, and then glass them back on when they are done, piece of cake right.

I prefer the Mad-Arch kit too, but there is no widebody in my future because of the price of the wheels. Not until less expensive off the shelf wheels are available I won't be doing one.

but the mad arch kit isn't a real kit if im correct? i thought it was a one off custom job.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

but the mad arch kit isn't a real kit if im correct? i thought it was a one off custom job.

Very much a real kit !

Available thru v-8 archie.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064001.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-21-2010).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Personally, if I had to make a widebody notchback, I would go with these guys complete SD4 widebody kit.....although the site looks extremely home-made and they never returned any of my emails.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/fiero.html

This is the way I would go also. Looks more like a Fiero. The other wide body kits are not to my taste. I like the IMSA stuff. With the cost of it all, the problem is that it is worth more than the Fieros are worth. You will never come close to getting your money back out of it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
IMHO I like both types; the IMSA and the Mad Arch kit. The IMSA is truly a kit that closely resembles the original body lines for the 80s, but the Mad Arch kit is mainly a newer version, but maintains the Fieros DNA without trying to be anything other than a Fieros. The B&B kit is nice, but like others have pointed out--disassembly is a pain and beside 3" max per side is the entire extra tire you'll ever need.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Actually it wouldn't take much for my car to look a lot like this kit now.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock