Started on: 02-26-2009 12:50 AM
Replies: 41
Last post by: GADJet on 09-15-2010 09:15 AM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Looking to see if the Neon SRT-4 seats have been installed in a Fiero yet.
They are the same as the Viper seats and are VERY nice.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Your car is badass enough as it is. Give it up already.

------------------

My Build Thread

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Your car is badass enough as it is. Give it up already.

too late

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 02-26-2009).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Those bolsters look good. Should compliment your suspension project well...
Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariDirect Link to This Post
I have a set but they are not coming out of the Neon.. Sorry..

This is the 2nd srt4 I have bought new and it has less than 8k miles on it in 3 years.. And yeah, the seats are awesome, but I would rather have the engine in the Fiero than the seats.. It is a awesome engine thats wrong wheel drive and very traction limited in the Neon..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mr Ferrari (edited 02-26-2009).]

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariDirect Link to This Post

Mr Ferrari

178 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

too late

Wow.. You are fast.. lol
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Nice! Those bolsters look good. Should compliment your suspension project well...

The suspension project is on hold for now, I could not find a set of V brakes

I may just hold off on the Suspension for a LS2,LS3 or LS6 swap. I really want a manual tranny. An auto LS4 will be fun, but not the fun of a manual. When I get my manual LSx I will go forward with he suspension.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mr Ferrari:
Wow.. You are fast.. lol

LOL, one of them is in the car. Just sitting there for now. I need to modify the seat tracks. As it is now, they are to high for me but my wife loves it this high.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
How is the wieght compared to the stock seats?

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 02-26-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
The seats are so good and comfortable, I considered purhcasing the SRT-4 just becasue of the seats! Keep us informed Rick on how to modify this swap. With pics perhaps?

Cordially,
Kevin
Idaho_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho_FieroSend a Private Message to Idaho_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Those seats do seem a bit taller, but cant tell about the tracks from the pic angle. They look about 6+ inches..Would there be enough room to fit? May have to look at my seats before I go to work...

EDIT: Don't type when tired....

[This message has been edited by Idaho_Fiero (edited 02-26-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Direct Link to This Post
HA HA i beat all you guys i allready have them in my car since last summer donot know how to resize pics thought

------------------

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hagans19:

HA HA i beat all you guys i allready have them in my car since last summer donot know how to resize pics thought

Just upload them onto photobucket. Also, you have a PM.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Idaho_Fiero:

Those seats do seem a bit taller, but cant tell about the tracks from the pic angle. They look about 6+ inches..Would there be enough room to fit? May have to look at my seats before I go to work...

The extra height is from a mixed bag of factors.

First, the SRT-4 seat mounts are much taller in front than the Fiero mounts.
Then, yes the seat back is taller on the SRT-4 seats BUT the head rest is as tall as my head. The Fiero seats back only goes up to the center of my head. So the seat back itself does not seem to be a clearance issue in the Fiero. BUT the SRT-4 mounts are an issue. So I removed the Mounts from the STR-4 seat tracks and made a custom set. The net result is 2" lower in the rear (lower seat and head rest area) and 3" lower in the front (thigh/seat contact area). I don't really need the front so low. but I now have an adjustable front seat mount. I can add shims under the seat mounts to get the optimum front seat height.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 02-26-2009).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
I forgot to mention that the weight difference is 10lbs, the srt seats are 55lbs and Fiero is 45lbs.

Also, one of my main objectives is a little extra leg room between the driver and the pedals. So, I went out of my way to make sure the seat had the most rearward travel. A couple of the pics show this position with the lower portion furthest back and the seat back at the highest position. Anything other than this will lower the seat back as far as roof to seat height is concerned. I like to stretch my legs while I drive long distance.

One of the advantages of these seats is that they have a few extra inches of travel in the seat tracks, almost 9 inches. This is significantly more than the Fiero seats.

Stock srt-4 track and mounts

preliminary fitment, lower seat position, most rearward.

This is the closest the seat can get to the roof

Another view from driver side

seat forward and leaned back

leaned back

Modified seat rails in center compared to stock left and right

lower angle showing differences

Notice that the black srt seat belts will be used in the Fiero.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Rick, how tall arth thou?

edit to add: I bet getting to the e-brake lever would be difficult? Also, if money were no object, I was looking at these below..... The new Nissian GTR v-spec, gawd there hawt, probably cost a good 900$ a piece, if not more...... HA, maybe in like 10 years....... They do look like the SRT seats, but with a little less height on the seating part........lol.....

edit: HAHAHAHAHA, my very first pic that is viewable and yet GINOURMOUS.......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 02-26-2009).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Rick, how tall arth thou?

edit to add: I bet getting to the e-brake lever would be difficult? Also, if money were no object, I was looking at these below..... The new Nissian GTR v-spec, gawd there hawt, probably cost a good 900$ a piece, if not more...... HA, maybe in like 10 years....... They do look like the SRT seats, but with a little less height on the seating part........lol.....

edit: HAHAHAHAHA, my very first pic that is viewable and yet GINOURMOUS.......

LOL very nice seat..
I do like it.
BUT, all I can afford is a used set of Dodge seats.MUCH , less than the seats you picked.

BTW I am only 5.10" and my wife made me some nice, nice Taco's for dinner to night. Good times for me on this night.
I told her the seats could be done.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Damn those side bolsters are crazy! I like.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Damn those side bolsters are crazy! I like.

I thought it would be much harder to get out, but it seems (as of now) that it is just like anything else. You just get used to it? Not to bad. But I don't have the dash in yet and the new dash will take p more room than the stock one, We will see how it all works out latter?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 02-27-2009).]

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2009 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariDirect Link to This Post

Where did you find the seats?? Do you mind if I ask how much they cost?? FYI, the srt4 seats use a special fabric that is slip resistant so you dont slide around in the seats.. You will notice when you accidentaly rub your hand or knuckle on the fabric it will rub your skin off.. You will love the seats and how they keep you in place durring quick transitions.. Now that I have owned srt4's for over 5 years and have lots of track time in many cars you will find the Srt4 seats are the best track seats.. Those GTR seats look nice, but slippery and remind me of my cousins slippery 350z seats.. You slide all over in those all leather seats.. You will notice Ferrari track cars use fabric seats like those used in the F40..
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr Ferrari:

This looks kind of like my new gauge cluster.

I got the seats for $380 with the seat belts.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I used the Neon seat belts because they are black and they mount to the seats. The reciever latch is bolted directly to the seat frame and moves with the seat. The stock Fiero type belts would not work because of the SRT-4 seat back hinge mechinism is so much larger than the Fiero seats hinge. And the Neon Spool mounts to the stock Fiero location but it is larger.

This pic shows the distance I have with the seat all the way back.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
I LOVE the seats so far but I do have to say that they were NOT a simple bolt in. The seat tracks are much longer than the Fiero tracks and I had to hammer down a few "high spots" in the floor pan to fit them in. I now have one extra inch of rear ward travel and at least one extra inch of forward travel compared to the stock Fiero seats.
I lost about .5" of head room but I still fit fine.
The seats don't fold forward like the Fiero seats but they will lay back almost flat. So latter I plan to modify the seat back ratchet mechanism to fold forward instead of rearward.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
Bump to ask, whats the story with your dash?? Is that a SRT4 dash aswell? Do you have a build thread for it?
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Makes me want to do this as well, only because I get the extra leg room, the black seat belts, and comfortable seats that will match my interior when I'm finished

Where'd you find the seats at? Boneyard or aftermarket?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
If someone has the cash to do it id like to see a set of mercedes seats go into a fiero. Im talkin about the ones with the swaying side bolsters that hold you in place when the car is moving.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Another question I have is...The SRT-4 seat belt spindle...you said its larger than the stock Fiero one, but fits in the same location...Any issues with mounting the b pillar trim over top of it?
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
Rickady - nice to see you jumped on the seat idea, you gonna be at the WCF BBQ on the 25th? I'll race my SRT-4 seats in my SRT-4 vs. your SRT-4 seats in your Fiero, haahaha

j/k

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Rick, do you think that you could attatch the SRT-4's back rest to a fiero seat?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely fantastic! great seats!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Awww. I want new seats but I have a sub behind my passenger seat. And I need seats that flip forward. Looks great btw!
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2009 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Also, if money were no object, I was looking at these below..... The new Nissian GTR v-spec, gawd there hawt, probably cost a good 900$ a piece, if not more......

If money were no object I would use these seats:

Originally posted by Austrian Import:
A set of these Recaros (they're pricey @ $1200+ each, but complete the "look" of the car quite well.) (I think these seats are also used on a German spec VW Golf derrivative, as well as the German spec Audi R8,)

Recaro Sportster CS:

Official Recaro page: http://www.recaro.com/index...id=3732®ion=3&L=2 (although it can be had much cheaper on Flea-bay and other internet dealers)

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
whattt!!! sick dash!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Been a while since I have been in this thread. Thanks for the comments.

The rear seat mounts were not done at the time of my last post but are now done. I was going to make a bracket of some type, but just drilled holes thru the floor into the seat rails-done. The front of the seat rails have a custom bracket but the rear of each seat rail (4 total) each have two bolts. So the rear of the seats rails have a total of 8 bolts that come up thru the floor and hold down the seats.
I love the seats but they are not perfect. I need to modify the seat back frames so the seats will tilt all the way forward. As they are now they only stand strait up when in the furthest tilted forward position. But will lay flat backwards. Not such a bonus in the Fiero.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
The dash is out of the new Malibu 08-now. I covered it in blue suede and a bunch of other custom mods.

Dash in the dark.

Note that the interior is not done yet. I need a center console and door panels.

The gauges are not from the Malibu. I adapted the Monte Carlo gauges, Radio, HVAC controls and steering column. I needed the Monte stuff to run this.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Another question I have is...The SRT-4 seat belt spindle...you said its larger than the stock Fiero one, but fits in the same location...Any issues with mounting the b pillar trim over top of it?

I had to modify the B pillar covers. They are not done yet.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

HI all

Rick, do you think that you could attatch the SRT-4's back rest to a fiero seat?

That is a good question? I am not sure, but I don't see why not? I do think that the SRT4 seat bottoms are SOOO much better for me than the Fiero seat bottoms. I feel more contact on the back of my legs from the seat supporting me. My butt does not get so uncomfortable in long drives.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
I like the carbon fiber seats a lot but the Neon seats are cheap
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Rick... Did you ever post a build thread for the Malibu dash? That looks great in that car. (My wife has an 08 Malibu wonder if she would notice if I took her dash out?) LOL Thats a joke but I wouldnt mind getting one from a salvage yard or a wrecked malibu to put in my car. Thats sick! How hard was it to mount? Also those seats look fantastic.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Rick... Did you ever post a build thread for the Malibu dash? That looks great in that car. (My wife has an 08 Malibu wonder if she would notice if I took her dash out?) LOL Thats a joke but I wouldnt mind getting one from a salvage yard or a wrecked malibu to put in my car. Thats sick! How hard was it to mount? Also those seats look fantastic.

Thanks, that dash is not an easy one to do. But it can be done MUCH easier than I did it if you don't use the HVAC and magnesium back bone.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000114.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock