Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  fundrasier to get hand controls to get a fellow fiero owner on the road (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
fundrasier to get hand controls to get a fellow fiero owner on the road by 86fakegt
Started on: 01-12-2009 07:32 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: IMSA GT on 06-10-2010 11:40 PM
ambfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey 86fakegt,
Check your paypal account. Sent you $150 so hopefully with all the donations you can get exactly what you need. All I ask is that if someday you can help someone in need that you pay it forward.

www.daveramsey.com

------------------
In loving memory of Harold Hummel (PFF 4WHEEL)
1936-2004

IP: Logged
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
we have hit the number we needed to and actually hit enough to have it installed by a certified place(it helps incase i hit someone but i pray to god i never do) if everyone is cool with that? im gonna wait and here before i actually go through with anything. im 90% sure im going to go with the buy it now one as the bracket could be made or get my hands on pretty easy. well im off to work guys ill check this when i can today. thanks to everyone i am getting what i really needed to get my liscense and drive my fiero
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ambfiero:

Hey 86fakegt,
Check your paypal account. Sent you $150 so hopefully with all the donations you can get exactly what you need. All I ask is that if someday you can help someone in need that you pay it forward.

www.daveramsey.com

HOLY JEEZITS!!
Dude, he should be able to buy a brand-spanking new one now, AND have it certifiably installed.
Fake, I'd start looking at new kits now if I were you, and get yourself exactly what you want, with ALL the pieces!

EDIT:
I personally am going to give everyone who donated a +, because I think it's awesome how we came together to help a fellow member!

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 01-15-2009).]

Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
New ones seem to be at least $260 and run up to $380
I'm not sure how much it would be to install, can't imagine much though
http://www.allegromedical.c...ontrols-p211058.html

Or the super deluxe version for $800 installed.
http://www.aavans.com/Mobil...rolsDrivingAids.aspx
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
so many choices i got in the next couple days but i think used with a pro install(i trust my dad but it wont look good if i get hit) is the best way to go. to everyone if theres anything i can do for you or your familys at anytime please let me know
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to bump ya and see what you decided on... And remind you that we wanna see pics when it's done, with you in it, and big smile on your face!
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
still havnt deceided its all still sitting in my paypal, my fieros under the cover it wont be coming out untill it warms up a little in pa i gotta get a broke plug out of the firewall head(previous owner and it was something i knew when i traded cars) so im gonna wait a week or two and see what pops up on ebay,other disabilty sites,etc. i will post updates etc, and pics the day it comes in and the maiden voyage etc this forum really came together and i thank everyone who helped out.
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fakegt:

to everyone if theres anything i can do for you or your familys at anytime please let me know

As far as I am concerned I hope that this experience is comunity support stays in your memory for the rest of your life. I can think of nothing better than you paying the blessing forward to someone new.

Aaron
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
i do anything i can for people because i hate asking for help and i know what it feels like. and an update i might have found a set but im waiting to see what pops up
thefredman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
How heart warming it has been to read this thread! You are all to be commended for the unselfish acts that you did for this gentlemen! Long live the Fiero and owners like you! Thanks for putting a bright light in the world we live in! God Bless you all!!!!
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
i second what this man said everyone really helped me out. im trying to located a few sponsers to get my dream car done
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
so i see my old baby has become your new dream now. thats awsome i might be pickin up a brand new set of shoes for the 87 soon
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
what kind? ive wanted a fast back fiero forever now i got the blank canvas just need the parts
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fakegt:

what kind? ive wanted a fast back fiero forever now i got the blank canvas just need the parts

if this dude hits me back tomorrow there 17" moteggis in chrome
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2009 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I only just saw this thread this morning for the first time. Only this morning I received a check for something I bought months ago and returned for refund. I had forgotten all about it, so I'm not going to miss it if I send it to you. So I am sending you $30, which is what I received back. Good luck with everything, and I hope your dreams will come true. And take care!!
God Bless
Nick
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
hey guys im currently watching a few on ebay and really am just waiting for the right set to pop up. just wanted to let you guys know
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Bump! How goes it fake? Did you find one that you like yet?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i saw him the other day hes looking for a good set for the car he has my old fiero that needs a lot of work but he is going to be using the money for his cause. its cool that the fiero community is willing to help someone out like this. im glad i fell into this fourm with you guys
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
hey guys,
my grandmoms in the hospital so its been a bad couple of weeks and i will be pretty upset the next few weeks so if i dont respond right away sorry. i search ebay almost everyday and the stuff that comes up is complicated bulky systems and as you guys know theres not alot of room under the steering colum for that and my knees. i missed 2 sets(same brand) as i couldnt hit the computer that day. the new systems they sell for 286 are sorta like i want as they install pretty easy and are simple but i dont want the thumb push button for the gas. ill keep you guys updated im really glad you guys helped me out. my job(which i LOVE) is closing its doors after 8 years and its sad because i have been going there since i was 10 and worked there for the past year(im 18 now) we started our sale today so if anyone wants anything from a hobby shop let me know asap while theres still stuff(20% off right now i will let everyone know when it drops lower but there wont be alot left). the next 9 weeks will hopefully pay for getting my car running and a rustolem paint or a cheap 2 quarts of white paint and spray it with my dads gun. but ill keep everyone informed i cant wait untill the day i get to drive it.
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
hey guys good new i ordered a set i found through my physical therapst's contacts for 200shipped and the install will be taken care of by my local handicap equipment dealer hes chargeing right around 250-275 so once i come up with the rest itll be in the car . i cant wait
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Any updates?

How about letting some us Fiero nuts intall it for you and save some of that money for something else that you might need for the car. My buddy used to have those controls on his car, he bought it that way. It's a pretty neat setup.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Any updates?

How about letting some us Fiero nuts intall it for you and save some of that money for something else that you might need for the car. My buddy used to have those controls on his car, he bought it that way. It's a pretty neat setup.

Dave

I believe he has his fiero in the mall for sale.
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
i have the hand controls in my possesion right now and yes the car is for sale at the moment. like i posted in the mall when someone asked, i will not be out of fieros long 2-3 months at best i lost my job this past week as our shop is shutting down(i can send the website if anyone wants proof) and do not have money to finish THIS fiero. my grandmother passed early this month and left me a veryy nice 94 buick with 40k miles so i will be driving that untill a local one comes up for sale at the start of april. i will be here learning as much as i can and will be going nowhere. i hope everyone understands that this is my best choice at this time and WILL be back in one before summer.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Sell the Buick, and put the money into the Fiero After all..that IS what you want, isn't it?
Nick
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Wow. That's all I can say for now. Thanks alot.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-24-2009).]

Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
+ to all who donated 4 this, we have an amazing group of people here.

ouch that sux fake. economy is crap right now, hopefully the economists r wrong and this stimulus does wat its supposed to. good luck finding a new fiero to put the hand systems in, put an update in as soon as u do
86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
i will be getting my lisense in early to mid april and will drive the buick untill mid spring, and hopefully at that time i can afford a little storege place to keep a fiero as i really dont want to sell this buick as its really the only thing i have that belongs to my grandmother. plus at this time i can drive it or it would go to my aunt and it really is a nice car rides like its floating on air. im going to get the hood and roof repainted(damn gm paint) put cheap used speakers in and have a comfy daily driver that fits my current wheelchair with ease(the new chair is at least 4 months away). ill grab the hand control pics in the morning it keeps sliping out of my head. and really thank you all guys and even though im not gonna be driving a fiero untill summer i am going nowhere and will be driving a fiero untill i am no longer able to. it means alot to me that everyone helped out on this for me i actually teared up about it the other day when i was looking at the controls

thanks,
alex
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
OK,I understand now about the Buick I just thought you would have to have hand controls for that too
Thanks for coming back and giving us an update. My best wishes continue to be sent to you
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 02-25-2009).]

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
nah they are arent made for one certaint car. once i see how they go in it will be a peice of cake to switch them but since my dad or my brother(both have built many cars,my dad works on huge hydrolics and my bro works on cars for his job) has never put them in the first install will go to a pro. but as soon as a new job comes along i will be getting a fiero and a small rental unit to keep it in
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Nick
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
So...how is it going for you?
Nick
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
happy to hear from you. So I have deleted my original post expressing doubts. Good luck
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-28-2009).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Exactly!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I havent herd from him in a while. I do know who has my old fiero though. Its actuley running again.
scottrinne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottrinneSend a Private Message to scottrinneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Sorry, but I begin to think I was mugged , along with a few others. Makes me think twice about trying to help anybody else. Please tell me I am wrong?
Nick

I thought the same thing...I remember reading this thread a while ago and thinking "the guys on this forum are wonderful people". Then I remember reading another post from 86fakegt. He started by thanking everyone for donating thier hard-earned money..But then he changes the subject to asking for more freebies. Getting free money from people wasn't good enough; he was asking companies to give him free stuff too.

"Go out of your way to give a person a free cookie, and they will ask for a free glass of milk"

Anyway, I am going to give you guys a positive rating--not that it will make any difference.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen him around in awhile either...I may hafta swing buy and see how things are going for him, last I heard he was looking at a white 84(?) that was in the area...He's only about a 5 minute drive from where I am staying...

I actually went past there the other day when I was going to check out a car for my friends mom...Didn't see the buick parked there anywhere
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2009 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
It really isn't all about the money, even though I could have used it myself. It is just the fact that many will be put off helping anybody else, who really deserve a hand at times. Perhaps I am too soon, and he is struggling to find work or to just exist, but from his description of his family, it seems they are all working, and could carry part of the burden too.Maybe they are. So the point is really, don't cut and run after you have been helped; come back and keep us informed. Money is just money, but faith and confidence don't grow on trees. And are much more valuable.
Nick

Thanks for your latest update 86fakegt

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-28-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I don't mind helping people out as long as there is no money involved.

When you're tring to help someone out and even go the distance of picking him up to go to a meet and turns it down, that usually raises some red flags in my mind.

I don't need your help but I'll take your money instead. Red flag!

Makes me wonder if he got those GT tail lights reconditioned by a pff member for nothing and then sold them for top dollar. If so then he should get partial payment for his services too.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 04-07-2009).]

scottrinne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scottrinneSend a Private Message to scottrinneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

It really isn't all about the money, even though I could have used it myself. It is just the fact that many will be put off helping anybody else, who really deserve a hand at times. Perhaps I am too soon, and he is struggling to find work or to just exist, but from his descripriion of his family, it seems they are all working, and could carrypart of the burden too.Maybe they are. So the point is really, don't cut and run after you have been helped; come back and keep us informed. Money is just money, but faith and confidence don't grow on trees. And are much more valuable.
Nick

Very well put.

If the money (help) isn't applied to what the orginal purpose was intended for, then the money (help) should be returned to the rightful owners. That way, it would not discourage people from helping others in the future.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
he sold my old fiero and i beleave he should return what money he got from that car and return it to you guys.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock