Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2008 Custom2M4 Build - We Continue! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
2008 Custom2M4 Build - We Continue! by Custom2M4
Started on: 02-27-2008 04:32 PM
Replies: 98
Last post by: Custom2M4 on 12-31-2010 11:51 AM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Firstly, I must say that this build is intense. I'm completely jealous of every aspect of this car. But also, are these gates functional? Sorry if you said it earlier in the thread, I just had time to look at the pics..

Thank you. "Those" gates are not functional, the shifter is just sitting wierd right now. However I'm going to re-make a new shift pattern when I install the 6spd that will be functional.

Originally posted by BabyVet:

looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I wanna see the F1 finders molded on!! and What are the F1 finders from/for? As for the center console what is that from? Looks good man keep up the good work

The Console is a replica from this (Amida Makes the Full Interior)

and the F1 fenders are from this.

I dropped a few pennies and bought the whole widebody kit from this car (its one of my favorite cars). Shipping across the ocean was pretty rediculous though.

I've got another little surprise when it comes to the dash... It's going to seem just too damn easy to do, and totally change the whole thing

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 10-28-2010).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

When do you plan to start on the widebody ?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
When do you plan to start on the widebody ?

If someone mentions W I D E B O D Y it always gets our attention.... Great job as I knew it would be... Smooth

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I've been working on my garage lately, since winter is upon us now. I'm insulating and wiring it as we speak. On the second level I just installed four plugs, four flouresent lights and still to do a few pot lights and also tie in my subpanel out there for this new stuff and a welder plug.

Realistically when thats all done, I'll have no excuses as to why I'm not working on the fiero over the winter.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 10-28-2010).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I cut some foam.

Tested out some gauges.

Plastered some foam.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
My Garage Loft Project...

Why so many lights? I'm an electrician and they were all free! So why the heck not.
BoxerFanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxerFanaticSend a Private Message to BoxerFanaticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

The dash is getting swapped over to this..

That is a nice looking dash, what sort of car is it from? Maybe an 80's era Cavalier?

It looks more cohesive, and classic than the boxy stock Fiero dash assembly. I can imagine that dash, with a custom instrument face, and leather/synthetic dash upholstery, it could go quite well with my idea for an homage to Guigiaro-designed Maserati Bora and Merak. Bora and later Meraks had a dash that looked somewhat similar to that.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BoxerFanatic:

That is a nice looking dash, what sort of car is it from? Maybe an 80's era Cavalier?

It looks more cohesive, and classic than the boxy stock Fiero dash assembly. I can imagine that dash, with a custom instrument face, and leather/synthetic dash upholstery, it could go quite well with my idea for an homage to Guigiaro-designed Maserati Bora and Merak. Bora and later Meraks had a dash that looked somewhat similar to that.

That dash is in my 84' project 2M4. It's from an 78-80 Pontiac Le Mans. I'm just building a new one from scratch for the 87GT.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Heres the progress on the 87GT Dash 'Stage One'

The Plan;

The Piece;

Fitments;

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Cosworth Approves,

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Heres a random one..

Back on topic!

Vents are from a Le Mans

This piece is from a Le Mans (Get it yet? I like Le Mans'.. haha)

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 11-14-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
What the heck are these keys for?

I also have MOORE vents.. for the dash corners! (Also from that Le Mans! Who woulda guessed?)

I think its coming together quite nicely. I'm still unsure as to how I'd like to finish it, wheither I do the face as well as a bunch of other things in carbon fiber, or just paint it and keep the silver accents.. We'll see how the wrap around edging turns out before I make my decision.

Hope you guys approve thus far!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Nice build...I like the monkey

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-14-2010).]

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I really like the side vent idea! Keep it up!
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
YOU AND I HAVE THE SAME KEYRING!!!!!!!!

Oh and your car is badass.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
2010 X-MAS Update!

Built the framework, hoping to have this dash finished within the next couple of weeks, as I want (and I'm sure you guys are too) to get to work on the F1 fenders! I'm going to need the widebody done so I can mount my twin intercoolers in the 1/4's!

Merry Xmas guys! Thanks for checking the project out!

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
If I can dedicate a few hours this week, I'll toss the exhaust pipes back on and mount the turbochargers again for some pictures. A friend of mine is making me a custom y-pipe (aluminum) for my dual 2.25" Inlets. Once thats done I can pipe my Cold side and charge pipes! This is going to be one hell of a summer! (Hopefully not a short one with an F23 behind the engine)

Made a new sig too!

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 12-28-2010).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
The matched vent on the passenger side looks goofy.

Anyone want a quick fix for a busted dash corner?

Back to the plain le mans look for this dash.

I can always add a door / glove box in there later as well.

And in the booth for some fiberglass....

Just imagine how cold -38 degrees C or -36.4 degrees Fahrenheit is.. Thats how cold it is outside here... I'm greatful for a heated garage!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock