Do you own a Silverado? by Hockaday
Started on: 04-30-2010 01:15 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Hockaday on 05-02-2010 02:42 AM
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
if you own a 03 plus silervado could you A. tell me how the light patter with these lights are ( ones pointed to in picture )
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

And what the dimensions are of the headlights? thanks.

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Membe

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
B.U.M.P.
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
I own one, but it is a '98

My neighbor has one, and I can go over tomorrow (not a good idea to sneak over there at 12:30am with tape measure in hand!) and get the measurements for ya.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
My Dad has an '07. I'll see about going over there today and bugging him to measure them and what not.
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here is what I find out. The configuration on the lower lights (the ones with the arrows) is... the inside lights... closest to the grill, are driving lights. Next to the right are running lights and next to them are also running lights. These also double as turn signals, and alternate when the signal is on. I am sure this really does not matter though, because you can make them do whatever you want in your own application. The dimensions of the light are 13 5/8" L on top, 15 3/8" L on bottom by 4 1/2" H overall with a 1 1/2" curvature.

The upper light is 13" L on both top and bottom, with 4" H on the Left and 5 5/8" H on the right. This too has a 1 1/2" curve to it as well.

This is obviously for the driver's side, and will be opposite for the passenger's side

Also, this is off of an '04 Silverado model.

Hope this helps!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
thank you all soo much that helps me alot...i never have measuring tools w/e i see one in a parking lot...and people give you the strangest looks haha.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
sorry to ask but by curvature do you mean from top to bottom ( slant ) or right at the edge? sorry for questions, once i get a lil money im going to the junkyard to get some i can work properly with. thanks
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
The 1.5" curve is the depth it "turns" from the plane as if you were looking down the path of the lense from right to left (driver's side).

Just figure it this way, about 2-3" from your furthermost right arrow on the pic you supplied, it bends about 80 degrees back, to a depth of 1 1/2".

I say only 80 degrees simply because the factory default mounted in the grill is about 10 degrees as a default.

Hope this helps, and don't worry about bugging me for more info... I am unemployed and live for this sort of stuff!
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
yeah im in that situation atm myself...fricking autozone is '' looking for parttime cashier nights is a must ''...well atleast thats what their sign says...been up over a year...and i applied for it 8ish months ago haha.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock