Best Way Shipping Rear Bumper? by CosVegFiero
Started on: 04-30-2010 05:48 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: CosVegFiero on 05-02-2010 09:08 AM
CosVegFiero

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CosVegFieroSend a Private Message to CosVegFieroDirect Link to This Post
I've done a search with no luck. Trying to ship complete rear bumper w/honeycomb and metal bumper plate. How would I need to pack for Greyhound? Anyone with space going from Detroit to Des Moines?

Thanks,
Dick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CosVegFiero:

I've done a search with no luck. Trying to ship complete rear bumper w/honeycomb and metal bumper plate. How would I need to pack for Greyhound? Anyone with space going from Detroit to Des Moines?

Thanks,
Dick

Greyhound is the best way you will just need to pack it in a big box and take it to the station
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
+1 for Greyhound. Thats how I got mine and they were great about it.

Shelby
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I had one shipped to me, just the cover. Sender packed it in a big cardboard box and shipped it greyhound. I just had to go down to the station and pick it up. It was fine.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

CosVegFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CosVegFieroSend a Private Message to CosVegFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the responses, it will take a big box!

Dick
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Finding,buying or making a box can be costly, troublesome and time consuming. I have just taken bumper covers to greyhound wrapped in bubble wrap and taped down tight. I also received a bumper from Greyhound wrapped in a blanket and taped tight, this also worked well.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 04-30-2010).]

firebirdrestore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebirdrestoreSend a Private Message to firebirdrestoreDirect Link to This Post
if you havent shipped yet check local body shop I work at a bodyshop and we have bumper boxes all the time that we through away just a thought
CosVegFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CosVegFieroSend a Private Message to CosVegFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, great tip!

Dick
awestfield

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
Check with member PFF member WIRE he has sent me two and worked out really well!!!
CosVegFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CosVegFieroSend a Private Message to CosVegFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here's the reply I received from Peter (Wire):

"Never shipped the steel bracing before.
I would tape the honeycomb to the steel brace (duck tape works best) then wrap that assembly in bubble wrap.
Once wrapped put it in the bumper just like it would be in the car. Tape it in (duck tape) then wrap the entire bumper in bubble wrap.
Next part is building a box (it sucks) if you start with a appliance box make sure to "keep" 3 sides and just cut down the others to fit the bumper.
Also on the cut sides have overlap to give the box structure.

I would also add either some empty boxes or foam blocks to take the weight of the steel beam off the "tips" or rear corners of the bumper if the box is flipped wrong way round. If your just shipping the bumper and honeycomb they are not as necessary since the parts are so light.

As for how to ship I went greyhound express. (just google search for it). You will need to drop it off at your local station and the buyer will have to pick it up at the station on their end.

Their web site has a list of all the station locations. Also the online quote system works well. You just need the total weight and the longest dimension."

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock