Started on: 04-30-2010 12:46 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: silverbullet910 on 04-30-2010 10:43 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well Today i got a chance to drive both my fieros. As all of you know i built my 87 (ACES-HI) and my 86 (GREEN LANTERN) is more or less of a frankenstine car. While driving my 87 it feels like the car is put together and not so much bumb and steer.
The 86 whenever i hit a bump the steering wheel jerks to the side a little and when going staraight the steering wheel feels a little wobeley. Also as we all know all the GT's have intermittent wiperswell in my 86 they dont work they only work with one speed. I beleave the steering colume in my 86 is out of an 84. Thje dead give away is the steering wheel. Heres pics to show you guys.

Heres a pic of the steering wheel in my 86. This is the one that i think is out of an 84

This is the one out of my 87. see the diffrence in steering wheels. Dont look at the GT horn button. There interchangeable.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsClick Here to Email fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
PK, it seems that most people that know you, would agree with the second part of your thread title. As far as the steering column, you could very well be right. The wipers are different in an 84. You can swap out the wiper switch (not much fun but not impossible).

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

PK, it seems that most people that know you, would agree with the second part of your thread title. As far as the steering column, you could very well be right. The wipers are different in an 84. You can swap out the wiper switch (not much fun but not impossible).

ill have to give that a try than. Thanks dude.

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
The steering wheel that you think is an 84, looks like it was re-wrapped, and whoever did it didn't wrap it very far out on the spokes, and did the closing stitch on the bottom spoke on the wrong side… it should be on the back, not the front.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The steering wheel that you think is an 84, looks like it was re-wrapped, and whoever did it didn't wrap it very far out on the spokes, and did the closing stitch on the bottom spoke on the wrong side… it should be on the back, not the front.

The '84 had a different wrap style... it looks correct for an '84
silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Click Here to Email silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
The first wheel is the NK-3 wheel offered as an option on all series. The second wheel is the NP-5Leather wraped Formula wheel also an option on all series. These wheel were used in 84-85 modle years acording to Gary Witzenburg's " FIERO "

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock