Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Does any parts supplier have US-made Fiero brake rotors?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Does any parts supplier have US-made Fiero brake rotors? by starlightcoupe
Started on: 04-29-2010 12:18 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: uhlanstan on 04-29-2010 09:07 PM
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I found that Checker/O'Reilly had Wagner brake parts so I ordered their brake pads and sure enough they are American made products.

I ordered the front and rear brake rotors and when I got them, the box was clearly marked "Wagner/Federal Mogul Brake Parts. Made in China." My wife picked them up for me otherwise, I would have told them to keep them. The Checkers manager assured me when I ordered them (they didn't have them in stock and I had to prepay) that they were American made. I will bring them back today for a refund and buy something cheaper. I paid $225 for four Chinese made rotors (including freight and tax) when I could get another brand of Chinese made rotors from Checker for much, much less than that.

Is there any US company that makes rotors? In the meantime, I will buy some at the local UPullit and get them turned.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of 4 Canadian made rotors for 1988 models that I am willing to part with. They are brand new in the box. I bought them for my Formula, then ended up selling it before I did a brake job.

The boxes say "Made in USA" but they are stamped "Made in Canada" on the rotors.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
The only thing that "Made in the USA" guarantees today is that the packaging and shipping was done in this country, whether you pay $20 for a Chinese part or $60 for a "Made in the USA" part, it is almost certain that they were actually manufactured overseas and shipped here to a warehouse in bulk and then broken down into nice individually packaged units.

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

I have a set of 4 Canadian made rotors for 1988 models that I am willing to part with. They are brand new in the box. I bought them for my Formula, then ended up selling it before I did a brake job.

The boxes say "Made in USA" but they are stamped "Made in Canada" on the rotors.

Thanks for telling me about the rotors but I just found out that they are of a different design from the 1984 variety. Wish I could use them.

RKB75

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RKB75Send a Private Message to RKB75Direct Link to This Post
I got a pair of rear rotors still in the box from Carquest Made in the USA. The previous set I bought was made in china. So you never know what you are going to get. They get there parts from several venders but get packaged in the same box.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
....The wagner chinese are a good product ,,better than most chinese rotors
American & canadian car owners insisted, demanded and fought for low quality & cheap shoddy workmanship,,Car owners?? they hate quality and craftmanship,,it cost more,giv,em the lowest price..

....American car owners dreams have come true ,,cheap low quality rotors are the norm now,,good news HOORAH !!we put a lot of americans out of work and put commie mudering chink slants to work..The price is comming due soon..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock