New by FsburNout216
Started on: 04-29-2010 11:15 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: FsburNout216 on 04-29-2010 10:16 PM
FsburNout216

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
hi all. i just joined. figured id say hi. i currently own a 95 pontiac firebird and am becoming very interested in getting myself a fiero and a 3800sc swap. im crunching the numbers to see if the sale of my car can cover the costs of a 3800 sc fiero. if a few of you could tell me how much your swaps plus car cost or just the swap it would be quite helpful. im sure i can pick up a roller for fairly cheap and go from there. what do you think? if anyone has a a swapped fiero gt and wants to trade that could save me a lot of hassel lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness/addiction. My 3800SC with tranny on a cradle with mounts, etc cost $800 from a guy on craigslist. The car, also from craigslist, cost $300 if I remember correctly--I think I got him down to $250 but I don't really remember. It is a 1984. The tranny wasn't the best and it has a suspected TCC problem but the engine is a good running, powerful machine.

I paid Mike Gonzalez--also on this forum--to do the conversion and frankly, I don't think I paid him enough but he seems happy about it. We replaced brakes, shocks, calipers and he did a lot of other things that really didn't fit into the engine change arena. Ryan (Darth Fiero--Sinister Performance) programmed the ECM for $100. I probably have $2800 in the car with a funny acting 4T65E HD. If you did the wiring harness and engine swap yourself, you could get by with less money. Add a good paint job, wheels, tires and fix up the interior and you're looking at another couple thousand if you go quality. If you hire everything to be done, it will cost much more, of course. I would have done more to the car but I needed it out of the garage and we had to ready our house for sale and just didn't have time to do it.

The search feature is one of your best friends here. I encourage you to use it because just about everything you might ask is there. Good luck to you and again, welcome to the forum.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! I don't have a 3800, but there are lots of people that can help you out.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
Ive been rummaging through almost every post on this site for info. did you say theres a search bar? because that could really help me. thanks for the info. i plan on doing the work myself and as far as how good the car looks that doesnt matter at this time i just want to make sure i can have a drivable car because im basically broke. figure i can get about 4 grand for my car witch seems like it will work for getting me into a fiero.

------------------

1995 Pontiac Firebird 3.4

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
"Search" ......look up and to the right.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Here is a thread with a bunch of info linked from one place started by "Darkhorizon "

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079560.html

Welcome to the forum !
FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
ahhhhh FOUND IT!!!! I was looking fo somewhere i could type words in but is like a link to a search page. thanks a lot

------------------

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the family... I dont have a v6, so no help here either... I wanted my Fiero to sound MEAN, So I went V8...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
"FsburNout216" - How do we pronounce that?

Welcome!
FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
haha if i was planning a v8 swap its be in my current car.

and the fs is pernounceds F-S the rest is self explanitory.
many people have guessed what it means and never has someone gotten it.
give it a try if you think you got what it takes

------------------

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FsburNout216:

Ive been rummaging through almost every post on this site for info. did you say theres a search bar? because that could really help me. thanks for the info. i plan on doing the work myself and as far as how good the car looks that doesnt matter at this time i just want to make sure i can have a drivable car because im basically broke. figure i can get about 4 grand for my car witch seems like it will work for getting me into a fiero.

How many miles are on your firebird. Im trying to sell my 98 right now with a new engine and trans and am having one hell of a time doing so at $4K
PFF
System Bot
FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
it has 130k on it. but im a good seller lol. if you put something up for a high enough price and talk it up enough you can let people talk you down to still get more then the cars worth. the 4000 is prolly the most i could possibly get but its what i will push for
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

it has 130k on it. but im a good seller lol. if you put something up for a high enough price and talk it up enough you can let people talk you down to still get more then the cars worth. the 4000 is prolly the most i could possibly get but its what i will push for

Thats not bad. Best of luck to you. I have a guy comming this weekend who is probabley going to take it for my asking. Im getting an MR2 spyder for more 2 seat daily driving fun. My 2 GT's are a PITA to drive daily

Heres my lil monster

FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
wow love the vette corner stripes. i really wanted to do them but couldnt make them look right. ps just noticed your from downingtown pa. i got to school in west chester. i think thats close

[This message has been edited by FsburNout216 (edited 04-29-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

wow love the vette corner stripes. i really wanted to do them but couldnt make them look right. ps just noticed your from downingtown pa. i got to school in west chester. i think thats close

Yup im in west chester a lot. If you go out to the WAWA between market street and gay street youll usualy find me there with my fiero's and with all thoes car nuts on friday and saturday nights. Lol you cant miss them.

------------------

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-29-2010).]

FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post
ive heard that people hang around there. i also had tryd to get out to some of the ls1tech meets in deleware but couldnt find it lol.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

ive heard that people hang around there. i also had tryd to get out to some of the ls1tech meets in deleware but couldnt find it lol.

There out there on friday and sat nights but its a bunch of idiots wioth hondas and such. Im friends with a few of them though. I never really got into the F body like i got into my fieros so i never really went to any of the LS1tech meets.

FsburNout216

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FsburNout216Send a Private Message to FsburNout216Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
There out there on friday and sat nights but its a bunch of idiots wioth hondas and such. Im friends with a few of them though. I never really got into the F body like i got into my fieros so i never really went to any of the LS1tech meets.

yeah ive never made it to any of them either usually just get to mixed meets. but in jersey our meets are huge. unfortunately all my friend are in the drift scene so i hang with the imports also.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock